Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

shaft swapping question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wooderson419

wooderson419

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67333
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

I have a titleist 906f2 with a fuji zcom pro 95 shaft that is a bore through and i am interested in the new 913 fd. I was wondering if it is possible to take that shaft and put in the 913 fd? I am sure it would have to be tipped to some extent, but would it  majorly change the playing characteristics of the shaft? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
GolfWRX Likes : 378

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

You probably could, as long as tip size is the same, but it's going to look ugly as sin.  Unless someone previously installed it as a blind bore, you are going to have atleast a couple inches of tip prep on the shaft if it was done right which means that all the paint will be stripped to raw graphite.  You either are gonna have to tip the heck out of it as long as the parallel section is long enough or have an exposed part of the shaft showing.  I would just plan on looking to find a new shaft or previous pull that wasn't in a bore thru head to begin with.
TM Supertri V2
Callaway 3Deep
19* and 22* TM proto rescues
Callaway RAZR MBs
Odyssey Protype 2-Ball
Callaway Jaws 50/54/58

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors