Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

diamana shaft differences?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 robengel

robengel

golf genius

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196982
  • Ebay ID:rob-e1
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Can anyone comment on the differences between the D+ whiteboard, the 'ahina, and the kai'li?  I'm considering all three, I'm a smooth swinger, about 99mph and generally hit the ball pretty high.  Thanks!

Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Mizuno jpx-825 pro irons 4-P
Cleveland wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 G-Bone

G-Bone

Better than most...

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50361
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

'Ahina is the second generation of the original Diamana D (whiteboard), the Diamana D+ is the third generation.  'Ahina is manufactured with MDI technology and updated materials.  The D+ is manufactured with original "whiteboard" materials, but with the updated MDI technology.  So what this all means is this, 'ahina had a bit stouter feel than the original "whiteboard" with slightly lower launch and spin for most.  D+ has same feel as "whiteboard" and plays somewhere between "whiteboard" and 'ahina characteristics.

Kai'li is a different profile all together, it is based on original Diamana S (blueboard), but with updated materials and MDI manufacturing.  Therefor, for most players, it launches slightly higher and spins slightly more than "whiteboard" and a fair amount higher launch and spin that 'ahina.

In summary:
'ahina = low launch ~ low spin (most firm felling of the bunch)
D+ = low/mid launch ~ low/mid spin (middle firm)
Kai'li = mid launch ~ mid spin (least firm)

This is all assuming that you are looking at the 60 weight class in each shaft.

As a smooth swinger, chances are you will enjoy the feel and feedback of the Kai'li.  However, if you launch the ball high, you may enjoy the low launch characteristics of the 'ahina.  It would be my opinion, that a good middle ground  would be the new Diamana D+.  It should offer you a smoother feel than 'ahina, and lower launch/spin than Kai'li.
Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5º ~ AD DI
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 15º • 19º ~ AD GT
Adams Pro 20º ~ Tour Red ATX
Nike VR_S Forged 5–PW ~ SteelFiber
Scratch 51º • 57º • 63º ~ SteelFiber
Cameron CT Del Mar Buttonback (A026140)

#3 shiney28

shiney28

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221959
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I've got the same swing characteristics as you and play the D+. Absolutely love it.
Titleist 913 D2 9.5 (set at 11)
Titleist 913F 15 (set at 15.75)
Titleist 913H 21 (set at 20.25)
Titleist 712 AP2 (4-PW)
Vokey SM4 (50, 54, 58)
Scotty California Del Mar

#4 robengel

robengel

golf genius

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was hitting a demo 913D2 with the D+ shaft and was getting good numbers, I'm looking for an R11S (budget) with the right shaft, finding mostly the 'ahina and kai'li but I can't afford to just drop in whatever I want.  Thanks for the info G-Bone!
Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

#5 G-Bone

G-Bone

Better than most...

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50361
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postrobengel, on 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

I was hitting a demo 913D2 with the D+ shaft and was getting good numbers, I'm looking for an R11S (budget) with the right shaft, finding mostly the 'ahina and kai'li but I can't afford to just drop in whatever I want.  Thanks for the info G-Bone!

My pleasure!

Based on budget and what is available, I would strongly steer you towards the Kai'li over 'ahina.  Worst case you could tip the Kai'li slightly to get lower launch and spin, but Kai'li reacts much better to a smooth tempo.  I too swing the driver just under 100mph with a smooth tempo and find Kai'li to be almost perfect for me.  I'm currently experimenting with some Graphite Design shafts, but still haven't decided if they are better than my old faithful, Kai'li.

Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5º ~ AD DI
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 15º • 19º ~ AD GT
Adams Pro 20º ~ Tour Red ATX
Nike VR_S Forged 5–PW ~ SteelFiber
Scratch 51º • 57º • 63º ~ SteelFiber
Cameron CT Del Mar Buttonback (A026140)

#6 robengel

robengel

golf genius

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I was definitely going towards the Kai'li 70 with my ss and tempo being what it is
Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors