Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

#1 disagreement with the rules?

363 replies to this topic

#361 jonpracticetee

jonpracticetee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195276
  • Ebay ID:renstrom28
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postlumberman2462, on 20 March 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

View Postonkelbenz, on 20 March 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

View Posthogans71, on 20 March 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

View Postonkelbenz, on 20 March 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I hate the 14 clubs limit rule. Especially, because it was made when most people putted with their 1-iron and the longest shot was maybe 250 yrds.
And when they allowed wedges to have more than 56°, they should have allowed one more club.

I'm either one wedge, one fw wood or one iron short with 14 only. And when I go on the course with 15 in a private round, does anybody complain? No.

Are you saying there was a time when wedges with more than 56* of loft were not allowed?
I think there was a time when the 60° lob wedge emerged that they discussed banning it, similar to the anchored putter discussion that's going on right now. In the end they didn't, that's at least what I understood.

I've always wanted one extra club as well.  My rationale is that you can only hit one at a time anyway - so why does it matter how many are in your bag????

Yeah, there was a lot of controversy about the 60 degree at one point.  Obviously it blew over.
Imagine if you were the caddy to someone with 30 clubs....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#362 jonpracticetee

jonpracticetee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195276
  • Ebay ID:renstrom28
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Posthogans71, on 05 March 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

View PostH.A. Kerr, on 05 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

View PostPooN, on 05 March 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

You're misunderstanding the measurement process...
You lay the paper flat on the ground, not inside the divot.  When you push the edge of the paper up to your ball it will show how far below the level of the surface of the fairway it is.

This could turn out to be both fun, and profitable!

I'll be selling these soon. Retail models will go for $29.95. But of course, for a premium, we'll be offering tour issue models featuring titanium construction as well as a laminated "new rules" card that also doubles as a waterproof pad to kneel on while you and your playing partners huddle around a depression and argue the merits of local grass growth rate percentages. Be one of the first 500 buyers, and we'll throw in the handy Anger Gauge Wheel™ to help accurately calculate when the group behind you is preparing to hit into your impromptu gardening-group huddle. Exotic performance rulers will be available at an upcharge at time of launch.

"The Divot-Master™.  It's Measure-ier!®"

Posted Image

Fantastic looking device!

I'm certain you've built in sensing mechanisms that will point all those involved as to where the epicenter of the divot in question lies...

For fair and accurate measurements of course...
very cool

#363 HoosierMizuno

HoosierMizuno

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87620
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

i wonder how many on here complaining about having to hit out of a fairway divot actually fix their divots with either sand or replacing sod.
Adams Fast 12 LS 10.5* W/ Fubuki S
TM Stage 2 Tour 3HL TP w/ Matrix RUL 80
Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid 18*
TM Speedblades 4-PW, AW KBS TOUR S
TM ATV 54* and 58*
SeeMore mFGP2 34"

#364 KMeloney

KMeloney

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostSawgrass, on 20 March 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Don't you believe that "common" things are "normal"?  And only uncommon things abnormal?

Not exactly. If my car is having an engine problem, and other owners are having the same problem, then it might be a common problem, but not a normal (or, one that should be happening) condition. Those occurrences often lead to service bulletins or recalls. So, I think it's common to make a divot, but often the divot is leaves an abnormal ground condition until it grows in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors