Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Iron shots off the toe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148809
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Got some i5 irons off of the BST to replace some stolen irons. They are green dots (2.25* up) and seem to be + 1/2'' in length. (with a DG X7 Tour)

My set of Pings (That I was fitted for) that were stolen were blue dots (.75* up) and +1/4'' in length. (PX 6.5)

Today I went out and played. Didn't get any range time with them. Didn't see any loss in distance.  If I was missing it was to the right and the left sides but wasn't missing too much. Didn't have to hit much longer than a 6 iron though. Understandable with new clubs. However I noticed that I was constantly hitting shots off the toe.

Could this be due to the difference of length and lie or a little stiffer shaft? I know every half inch you go up in length the clubs play almost a full degree up. I'm not familiar with results of playing something I'm not exactly fitted for. Curious if that could be an issue for if I just need some swings to get used to them.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 borker

borker

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115758
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

My .02 judging from much tinkering. It could be ANYTHING... Sorry but I've realized this is why pro's get married to equipment and are very reluctant to change or when do change heads they get blueprinted clubs exactly like previous ones.

Could be shaft loading different for your swing grooved to other shafts. Could be the lie. Could even be swingweight. Or could be your swing itself if you were also doing same with other set.
Ping i/20 8.5 Project-X Black 6.5
Callaway Steelhead III 3w Uniflex Steel
Bridgestone J36 Combo 3-PW DG X100
Nicklaus Dual Slot wedges 52 & 58
Ping Scottsdale TR Tatum Putter 34"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors