Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Advice on low spin iron shaft at 2-inches over length (light weight)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ballaholic

ballaholic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58584
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Would really appreciate any help with this issue...

Can anybody recommend a high kick LOW SPINNING, light weight iron shaft for clubs that are b-weighted to account for overall swing weight?  6-iron swing speed is around 93 mph and driver around 108-112 mph and I typically play x-flex.

I am tall but my arms are average length so wrist to floor is a bit of an issue.  I play to a 4 index but with regular length or even 1-inch over, my address posture is too bent over for my liking... thus the overlength shafts.  At 2-inches my posture begins to really improve.

Currently I am playing Mizuno MP-64's (b-weighted) with Nippon 950's X flex... spin with 7-iron is around 9000.  Driver spin is down in the acceptable 2200-2700 range with standard equipment and I don't believe it's a swing issue.  Fitting help por favor?

Edited by ballaholic, 26 February 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jaskanski

jaskanski

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62078
GolfWRX Likes : 712

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

The Dynamic Gold SL.
You're welcome.

Edited by jaskanski, 27 February 2013 - 01:54 AM.

#3 Howard Jones

Howard Jones

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100881
GolfWRX Likes : 483

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

LOL...this tread could have been a "Cut & Paste" from a Dynamic Gold SL commercial where True Temper "made up a case" to show who this Dynamic Gold SL shaft is made for.......

The player is asking for help
TT nails the answer in 1 line, end of story :-)

(The OP might be a PR Agent, working for True Temper, because the answer was to easy, and there is hardly any options:-)

#4 robengel

robengel

golf genius

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196982
  • Ebay ID:rob-e1
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

how tall are you to play +2"??
Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Mizuno jpx-825 pro irons 4-P
Cleveland wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

#5 ballaholic

ballaholic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

6"4 but more importantly, wrist-to-floor measures 41".  I've played standard length, 1/2 over, 1 inch over but in all those setups I'm making some big compensations particularly in PW to 7i in terms of being massively bent over at address.  If you compare my build to somebody like Kuchar or Watney (both tall golfers), you'll see they don't need to bend over nearly as much because their wrist-to-floor measures out closer to normal (as evidenced by where their hands are at address).

Very happy to see the endorsement of a shaft that was built for this specific issue (DG SL x100) - VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE ADVICE as tinkering around is damn expensive.  I already got suckered into a set of Nippon 950's... great shafts I'm sure but not helping me out in this specific setup.  They'll be for sale soon I suspect :)

Interestingly enough I went on TT's site and through their shaft finder they recommend that PXi's which is a newer shaft from Project X and light.  They serve that up ahead of the DG SL's... anybody had experience there?

#6 robengel

robengel

golf genius

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196982
  • Ebay ID:rob-e1
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I think they're pushing those since they're new and a big upchagre on most clubs $$$
Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Mizuno jpx-825 pro irons 4-P
Cleveland wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

#7 ballaholic

ballaholic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postrobengel, on 27 February 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I think they're pushing those since they're new and a big upchagre on most clubs $$$

Ha - I think that's the reason I got steered into the Nippon's in the first place.  Unfortunately it's going to be a little tough to play in the wind when my 7-iron is spinning around 9200 rpm and height at a 36 yard average from 93 mph 7i swing speed.

I'm not a shill for TT but would be pleased if something so much easier to obtain and afford is ideal for this issue.  You guys have seen this work in real life or just marketing hype?

#8 nwmastiffs

nwmastiffs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12785

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I am 6 foot 5 and play the pxi and love them. They work great for over length irons and control spin well.

#9 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

I have to play my irons at the same length as the op and was wondering how the feel of the sl compare to the standard dg. I love the feel of x100 but the weight gets crazy e3+ sw and carrying is almost impossible for 18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors