Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Please Help with swing. Video included!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jgss2

Jgss2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49493
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

3 hcp but searching for a little more power and consistant contact.

1. Any suggestions to create more lag?

2. Are my hips sliding too much on the downswing?

3. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

The Mad Bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
GolfWRX Likes : 2501

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

1.  You need to eliminate lag as a pursuit.  If you worry about it directly, it ends poorly.  It's a result of linking your swing up.

2.  No

3.  Need to see a DTL video.  Looks like you may be sucking the arms inside and steepening the shaft on way down.
Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
I am Gavrilo Princip

#3 Hogan1975

Hogan1975

Love Happy Endings :) :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199106
  • Handicap:.09
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Very bizarre follow thru...looks like you drag handle in..than try and lag it down

You are a dragger to lagger...been there done that..the 1950 golf swing method,,or docf method

I always get a sawed off finish when I tried to do this too
Ping Eye 2 irons brown dot
E3 weight + sand weighted
Diablo Octane 6 degrees flat E wght
Anser Long putter : e weighted
Taylor Made Burner 3 wood (1991)
WITB Link

#4 Jgss2

Jgss2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostBTRA, on 26 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Very bizarre follow thru...looks like you drag handle in..than try and lag it down

You are a dragger to lagger...been there done that..the 1950 golf swing method,,or docf method

I always get a sawed off finish when I tried to do this too

Not sure I follow you here.  Could you elaborate a little. Thanks

#5 Jgss2

Jgss2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 26 February 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

1.  You need to eliminate lag as a pursuit.  If you worry about it directly, it ends poorly.  It's a result of linking your swing up.

2.  No

3.  Need to see a DTL video.  Looks like you may be sucking the arms inside and steepening the shaft on way down.

I will try to post a DTL link. Thanks. Also my rear foot always drags forward after impact.  Any idea what causes this and if I should try to correct it. The foot drag is why I thought I was sliding. Thanks a lot for the insight.

#6 SunkTheBirdie

SunkTheBirdie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129830
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image

View PostJgss2, on 26 February 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

consistent contact.

Any suggestions to create more lag?

Need DTL video.
A few things are easily seen - coming in too steep.  Your quite poor P6 hand position indicates something quite off. Read my MORAD P6 thread.

Besides too steep a downswing ... I think your swing is all arms.   You need to learn to sync the body and the arms better.    You do start dumping your lag early because your right elbow is so stuck there is no choice. At contact P7 your hands are behind the ball with an iron.   Ideally your hands are ahead of the clubhead with the shaft leaning to the target. I will give you this ... you have a fairly good P7 considering how off P6 is.  Probably just raw coordination.  

I think you are a good candidate for a slicefixer swing. You'd definitely benefit from the 9 to 3 drill and an impact ball.

Your inconsistent contact will be improved when you learn to get into a better P6 position.

DTL video will probably show your right elbow flying.  

Some things to try might be an earlier wrist c0ck of the right hand, a reverse K setup and keeping your elbows together on the backswing.

Edited by SunkTheBirdie, 26 February 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#7 Jgss2

Jgss2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

2.  No

Here is a DTL.  Thanks for the input thus far.

Edited by Jgss2, 27 February 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#8 kctay

kctay

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65927
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

"Also my rear foot always drags forward after impact.  Any idea what causes this and if I should try to correct it."

Sliding...I used to do this, always wore out the toe of my golf shoe.

#9 Jgss2

Jgss2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

View Postkctay, on 28 February 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

"Also my rear foot always drags forward after impact.  Any idea what causes this and if I should try to correct it."

Sliding...I used to do this, always wore out the toe of my golf shoe.

If you don't mind me asking, What did you do to correct this?  Thank You

#10 Jgss2

Jgss2

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Also is my swing considered a "one plane swing"?  Thank You!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors