Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike Tw '13 versus Adidas AdiZero Tour

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 vizzz

vizzz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133103
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

2 new offerings from Nike and Adidas, which ones have you guys bought? Lookin for some thoughts about each, I'm trying to decide which ones to pull the trigger on.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 _R5_

_R5_

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180900
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I haven't tried either of the ones you mentioned, but I did pick up a pair of the new Nike Lunar Control 2. So far I absolutely love them. It's way early so I don't know how they'll hold up over time, but I love em so far. I'd def recommend looking into them.

#3 vizzz

vizzz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Okay cool! I'll definitely check them out

#4 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 999

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

If its between these to shoes I'd go adizero just because they are lighter and look better to my eyes.  This is coming from someone who likes the swoosh!

#5 vizzz

vizzz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

That's what I'm leaning towards. Thanks for the input!

#6 _R5_

_R5_

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I love everything Nike basically (across all sports) & when I tried on the TW's they just didn't strike me right away. As soon as I stepped into the Lunar 2's I could tell they were awesome & I loved em. There was just something about the TW's that was "off" for me when I tried em on. This isn't even taking looks into account. Looks-wise, I like em but don't love em. I think the Lunar Control 2's are significantly nicer looks-wise also. Plus they have like 5 or 6 color options which is aways nice.

#7 vizzz

vizzz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Cool. I'll check out the Nike website and look at all the color options. I tried on the TW s and I really liked them, except the tongue was a little bothersome.  I tried on the Adidas in the wrong size, so I don't really have a good idea about the Adidas

#8 SullGolf

SullGolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205351
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I recently got a pair of Lunar Control 2's and I've got to second the idea that you should look at them.  Real comfy and stable.  The TW13s just didn't look right to me.  Frankly, the other colors of the Lunar Control's don't either, but the black and white looks good.

#9 SouthPaw87

SouthPaw87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134113
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostJ_VIZZ, on 26 February 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

2 new offerings from Nike and Adidas, which ones have you guys bought? Lookin for some thoughts about each, I'm trying to decide which ones to pull the trigger on.

I tried on both at Golfsmith a few weeks ago. For me, the TW13's won hands down. I felt balanced and the shoes had superb flexibility. The Adizero Tour's looked very cool, but after I tried them on, I felt like I was just wearing a pair fo soccer cleats. The Adizero didnt have near the support the TW13's had. I also like the more rounded toe of the TW13's.

Unfortunately, I bought two pairs of the Tour 360 ATV's last summer and probably won't be in the market for new shoes this year, but if I had to pick one, the TW13's would be the ones!
PING G25 9.5*
Titleist 909F 15*
PING i25 4-U
Titleist Spin Milled 54*
Titleist Spin Milled 60*
PING Scottsdale TR Shea H

#10 _R5_

_R5_

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostSullGolf, on 26 February 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I recently got a pair of Lunar Control 2's and I've got to second the idea that you should look at them.  Real comfy and stable.  The TW13s just didn't look right to me.  Frankly, the other colors of the Lunar Control's don't either, but the black and white looks good.

The stability was the 1st thing that struck me, from the time I tried them on in the store through my 1st range session with them. They honestly made me feel like I couldn't get off-balanced even if I tried.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 vizzz

vizzz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'll absolutely have to check them out. I looked at the colors and I liked the blue ones too

#12 Merle33

Merle33

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12988
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I wear the TW13's every time I play. I have also tried on the AdiZero shoe as well.  I feel that these shoes, other than being of the synthetic leather category, have nothing in common. The TW's are built on the Nike Free platform with a wider toe box allowing for free movement of your toes.  Also, the entire sole flexes in all directions and is built slightly wider to provide the needed stability. The adiZero is much narrower in the toe and while the shoe still flexes as it should, it far more rigid than the TW shoe. Once you try each on, you'll see the differences. I really love the feel of the TW's and I've gotten so comfortable with them that it takes a little time to adjust to the feeling of wearing a normal golf shoe again.

Agreed that the adiZero has a soccer spike type look also, and the TW's aren't the best looking shoe out there, but the TW's are so comfortable it didn't take long to get past the non-traditional look and and up loving the shoe!

#13 Minarets

Minarets

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28043
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

i cant find any real world pics (like ebay) of the white and volt lunar 2013.
anyone have any?

i cant decide if i like those or the white blacks the best.
Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
Putter: SeeMore mFGP
Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV

#14 msegroves

msegroves

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138589
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

TW13 all day long.  I thought adizero felt like track spikes.  Didn't like them at all.

#15 Wdwfreak

Wdwfreak

College Golfer and Loving it

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124448
  • Ebay ID:Wdwfreak67
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

The adizeros are certainly unlike any other golf shoe out there but I find them quite comfortable. I also have a pair of lunar control 2s and I have to decide which pair I like better. It's a really tough choice

#16 Ab34

Ab34

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114019

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Just got both of these in the mail yesterday and they are so diffrtent but both so nice the wider toe box on the tw is great but the sleekness of the adid is nice too, if your foot is wide go w a wide in the adid for sure  Goodluck

#17 vizzz

vizzz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

The only thing thats holding me back on the tw is the tongue, I tried a pair and the tongue was a little annoying.. think as I wear them and break them in, it will be less bothersome?

#18 Merle33

Merle33

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12988
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostJ_VIZZ, on 28 February 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

The only thing thats holding me back on the tw is the tongue, I tried a pair and the tongue was a little annoying.. think as I wear them and break them in, it will be less bothersome?

The tongue was a bit weird for me too when I first wore them.  But, as with almost any shoe, as your foot settles into it the more you wear it, you won't even notice it.

#19 panda10

panda10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64942
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Have owned the TW's for 6 months, even with low rise socks, the tongue has been no issue. If anything actually better than traditional because it won't slip to one side or another

#20 ssfranny

ssfranny

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostSouthPaw87, on 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

I tried on both at Golfsmith a few weeks ago. For me, the TW13's won hands down. I felt balanced and the shoes had superb flexibility. The Adizero Tour's looked very cool, but after I tried them on, I felt like I was just wearing a pair fo soccer cleats. The Adizero didnt have near the support the TW13's had. I also like the more rounded toe of the TW13's.

Unfortunately, I bought two pairs of the Tour 360 ATV's last summer and probably won't be in the market for new shoes this year, but if I had to pick one, the TW13's would be the ones!

i tried on the TW 13 at golf shop today and they felt pretty good.  My question is how would they be in the summer they're not leather so are they breathable?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Bad9

Bad9

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I have only tried them on in the store (more than once) and find both to be comfortable and light. I do prefer the TW13 and it fits me better and I could feel the spikes through the sole of the Adizero. I had a pair of Bite shoes that had the same feeling and they became unwearable. That said CarolinaGolfer has worn his on the course numerous times and did not have the same feeling. Many have expressed concerns that neither is real leather but I hinestly have no concerns about that.
Ping G25 10.5/Graman UL440 r flex
Founders Forged Ti 4w//Xcaliber FW
KE4 3h&5h/Xcaliber HY regular flex
i15 5-U/Xcaliber regular flex
Gorge 54&58/Xcaliber regular flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

#22 Eternal

Eternal

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168871

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

View Postssfranny, on 02 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostSouthPaw87, on 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

i tried on the TW 13 at golf shop today and they felt pretty good.  My question is how would they be in the summer they're not leather so are they breathable?

The simple answer to this question is, no... there is very little breathability in the TW 13. My solution is to wear a moister wicking/dry sock such as the Under Armour offerings. Other than that I am pretty happy with the shoe if you are buying it for what it is... which is a shoe that feels as if you are playing bare foot.

#23 Ruleschamp

Ruleschamp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68618
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Tried both.  Didn't like either, but the AdiZero was definitely the lesser of the two evils.  The Nike's have a nice platform.....and that's about it.  For my foot, the top of the TW's body felt like cheap plastic wrap with a horrific tongue that never improved after 10 rounds.  These had the stability of a $79 pair of tennis shoes for me (YMMV.... just how they felt to me).  Popped 'em in the Goodwill drop box and won't ever make that mistake again.   Adizero felt much, much, much, much, much more stable and felt 1,000x better than the TW's, but like others said they just still feel more like soccer spikes than golf.  Haven't thrown them in the Goodwill drop box just yet after 8 rounds, but that trip isn't far away!  Everyone's feet are different so both may feel great for you or others.  Just my experience with them.

#24 bcski

bcski

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231943
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I've got 21 rounds in the AdiZero so far and love them.  (did replace the insole with a higher grade, but I do that to all my golf shoes)

Excellent grip in wet conditions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors