Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Golfinwill

Golfinwill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231969
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Alright guys now that the season is approaching, what kind of games do you like to play on the course?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 WalleyeDave

WalleyeDave

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231163
  • Handicap:11.6
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Bingo, bango, bongo.     Skins

As long as I'm not playing with a ringer.

#3 Birdies&Eagles

Birdies&Eagles

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120946
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Scotch all the way! I love taking money from my friends then them paying me in gas cards cuz they run out of cash! lol

#4 Medic

Medic

6th at Disney's Magnolia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:6.3
GolfWRX Likes : 842

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Skins with a little flare. We call it "Earn Your Keep".

Basically it is skins but if you win a hole in order to keep the winnings you have to win the next one also. So in other words you have to win two skins in a row.

We basically let the carry over holes die at the end of 18 - there are no playoff holes and no additional carryovers. We always play $1 per skin and birds double so long as you win the hole; eagles are $10. And we also play $1 CTPs.

Rarely does a lot of money change hands. Only if someone is really shooting the lights out. Most of the time there are enough failures to defend a skin-win that almost all of the money dies on the vine at the end of 18. We poke fun at those who missed out of opportunities. And then it continues the very next round.

The last time we played I won holes one and two. And then we alternated who won every other hole. A sum total of about $5 changed hands with the CTP bets. And there was a lot of lip service because one of my buddies won 4 skins - but could not defend (Earn His Keep) and took home only $1 from a CTP.

We also play a homemade game we call "Heroes".

Basically any "heroic shot/save" is worth a certain amount, usually $1. Such shots include bunker shots, shots from any hazard, shots from behind trees, shots involving lost/penalty strokes. Basically if a player declares that he wants to be a hero he is betting the rest of the foursome that he will make at least a par. Fail and he pays. Succeed and he wins. Birds double the win. Eagle pays $10. You are allowed a max of 4 "hero" shots per round. And anytime a player is declaring a hero shot the other players must all agree that it is hard enough to qualify.
This game can be fun. But it can also get a little costly if you get greedy. We were playing with our usual foursome and one of the guys, Mike, decided to declare a hero shot on the first hole. What seemed like a simple bunker shot. He skulled it and ended up missing the par. He was down $3 after only one hole. He missed out on two more opportunities and in addition I and one other player won a hero shot - so he ended up down a few bucks. I managed a birdie from a fairway bunker which netted me a nice take for one hole.

These are just some games we came up with to mix things up a little. We will also play Bingo, Bango, Bongo, some skins, and even some match play with some set amount for the winner.
Callaway X-Hot Pro 10.5 w/ Project X 6.0
TM Rbz 17* 3 Wood HL
Callaway X 19* 5 Wood
Callaway X-24 Hot 4-SW
Cleveland CG-16 60*
Wilson 8802 37"

#5 Golfinwill

Golfinwill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231969
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hero shot is a pretty cool idea. I'm always looking to learn some new games!

#6 esketores

esketores

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120324
  • Ebay ID:Hbarrel
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

We never use handicaps.
Skins
Team game. (However the makeup of the teams is A,B,C albeit no handicaps) (three balls on the par 3's and two on the 4's and one ball on the 5's or something along that line)
Greenies (par or better. no 3 putt greenies)
After that it is all one on one. Or people calling each other out as teams. Which generally leads to teammates not necessarily being in the same foursome. So gimmes are a matter of honor. You know when you should not take a gimme. Basically gimme's become no brainers. Which leads to 2 down automatic presses. Need a friggin accountant to figure things out. And multiple scorecards.
On a shot inside a hundered you might get called out for for a dollar closest to the pin.
Or three/two'd while putting. If I say three/two... and you accept... you two putt I owe you $1. Three putt you owe me $2.
PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17 / 910h 24 & 27
Titleist 913Hd 20
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

#7 Vindog

Vindog

Cuddly as a cactus, charming as an eel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131959
GolfWRX Likes : 2393

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Left Right Daytona (Chicago, etc...)

Everyone tees off.  The two on the right are partners for the hole, the two on the left are partners for the hole.  Score a dot for low ball, low total, and 1 for a birdie.  This is a good one because partners switch up all the time.

Also like bingo bango bongo, but it gets a considerable amount of flack on here for being a slow play contributor.

Edited by Vindog, 27 February 2013 - 12:22 PM.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

#8 Puckoon

Puckoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165781
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

We will play COD in a foursome (carts, others, drivers) with press options

Regular front, back, overall nassau's

Wolf. I love wolf but the guys like to amp it up on 17 and 18 once the rotation is done. On 17 the low dot player is the wolf and they can bet the difference between themselves and the top dot guy. Same goes on 18. It can get pretty pricey. I don't want to take more than 20$ from a friend and I certainly don't want to lose 20$ to three of them so the only choice is to play better!

#9 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,718 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Another good game if everyone is about the same playing level is Bogey (or double bogey depending on skill level)

Everyone play their own ball.  The first person to get a bogey (or double bogey) is on the hook for each hole until everyone gets a bogey (or double bogey)  Then it starts all over again.

So lets say player A bogeys #1, Player B bogeys #3 and player C bogeys #5.  We have:

Player A owes player B for 2 holes, and owes Player C for 4 holes
Player B owes Player C for 2 holes
and the game starts again fresh on the 6th tee

Lee Trevino reportedly played this game a lot.

Edited by Vindog, 28 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#10 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,718 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Sometimes we just like to play ganmes on the side, along with a regular nassau or match.  One we like is called Animals.

Every bad shot is assigned an animal as follows.
In the water is called a "frog"
Hit a tree (any tree) and you get a "gorilla"
In the sand trap is called a "camel"
A 3 putt is called a "snake"

Keep track of the animals and the LAST PERSON to get an animal is on the hook to each player for the number of their animals.

Player A has 5 animals
Player B has 10

If Player A is the last to score an animal he owes player B 10.  If Player B is the last to score an animal, he owes Player A 5.  These are good because you can lose the match but still win some animals...Or they can be bad if you lose the match AND lose some animals.  hehehe

Edited by Vindog, 28 February 2013 - 10:22 AM.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors