Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golfing Cabo... Is about as good as it gets.

cabo mexico loscabos cabodelsol caboreal beach golf review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SOONERMAGIC

SOONERMAGIC

"If you ain't livin you're dyin"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85116
  • Handicap:+2.8
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

I will try to keep this short.

First I will start with this teaser photo...

Posted Image

Cabo is a great place to golf if you can afford it.  The golf is not affordable, but is plentiful and very high quality.  I went to Cabo for my 30th birthday, stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos and played 54 holes while I was there.

I played Cabo Real first, and was paired with other groups.  This course was fun, had great views of the ocean, desert, and canyons.  It was in fantastic shape, I shot 76 from the tips (Par 71), and would play there again in a heartbeat.  

Second and Third I played 36 Holes at Cabo Del Sol for my birthday.  I played my first 18 at 8:10am on the Desert Course and was all alone, without another group on the course within sight of me.  The course was absolutely in perfect shape, the marshalls were not as rude as other reviews I had read, actually they were very welcoming and nice.  Shot 71 (-1) from the tips and was 2" from my first ace on my 30th birthday.  I finished my round about 11:30 and met my old lady for lunch at the clubhouse between rounds. My second round was not supposed to start until 1:10 but because I was a reply I did not have to wait in line for the 1PM rate decrease (there were 9 carts waiting at 12:30 to tee off at 1pm).  The old lady rode along for my second round at Cabo Del Sol on the Ocean Course.  Now this is where they really lay on the good stuff.  This course had insanely awesome holes, views, and service all the way around.  They have a great taco shop between the nines where you can enjoy free tacos.  (shrimp, chicken, steak, or beef) I drank plenty of Pacifico and shot 76 (+4) for a nice little +3 on my bday.  

The golf at Cabo Real ran about $150

The golf at Cabo Del Sol ran about $400 for both rounds.

Check out the below album if you would like to see some pics.

http://s1205.beta.ph...brary/Cabo Golf
Password: cabowabo

Edited by SOONERMAGIC, 25 February 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bioman

bioman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81752
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Great pictures, definitely need to get down there some time.

#3 littleprov1x

littleprov1x

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1105
  • Ebay ID:kc28565
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Love cabo golf. Last time I played the Ocean course the pin was right center of the green. Hit my tee shot about 15 feet left of the hole and it trickled down and hit the pin but did not go in, ending up resting with 1/4 ball over the hole. Totally devastating.

#4 Proson86

Proson86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106666
  • Handicap:1.7
  • Ebay ID:pplayer35
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Cabo del sol's ocean course is incredible. I played during their peak season which the rate was $355 plus another $50 for club rental. I am a Titleist tech rep and they were very accommodating and gave me an industry rate of $150. The greens had just been sanded but even still the course was in amazing condition. Definitely one of Nicklaus' best efforts, I highly recommend it.
915 D4 9.5* DI 7x
Callaway X hot 15* Diamana Blue 83x
712U 2 iron x100
714 AP2s x100 4-P
Vokey TVD 50*f 54*m 58*k
Newport 2

#5 tjblue

tjblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288705
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Par'd the hole. Played in the afternoon for 150 as a single and they let my wife ride for free. Almost had the course to ourselves. Great course and the new par 3 by the ocean is a great addition.

Also tagged with cabo, mexico, loscabos, cabodelsol, caboreal, beach, golf, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors