Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TESTERS WANTED: COBRA WOODS TESTING. Apply here.

72 replies to this topic

#61 stealthrt91

stealthrt91

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104856
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.  Over the last few years I have used golf WRX for everything from club building to club selling so I figure it is time I tried to give back more solid feedback instead of opinions on posts.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?  Yes, I am more than capable and can take HD video footage if needed.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.  I've always seen these test equipment threads but never jumped on one until this one just because of the product line.  I tested the Cobra ZL Encore pre-release at the Hartford CT Golf Expo and fell in love with the ZL Encore series.  It would be awesome to test them again but on a course.  Especially since the only Cobra gear I have ever owned were a set of forged CB irons a while back.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).  Yes.
  • What is your current handicap?  Last official handicap was 12 back in 2009.  I have since stop keeping track but would place myself in the 15-16 range now.
  • When were you last fit for clubs?  Spring of 2012
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?  Absolutely.
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play?  Driver - Tour Burner TP w/Xcaliber 6+ Fairways - R9 TP Ti w/Motore F1 85 and XCG-3s w/UST Proforce 59 blues

Edited by stealthrt91, 27 February 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Cobra ZL Encore 10.5 / Oban Devotion
TEE XCG-V 13* / Diamana Blueboard x5ct
Ping G25 20* / Oban Devotion
2014 TM CB's / C-Taper
Hakusa & Chikara Wedges
Odyssey F7 / Super StrokeFlatso

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Goldenhawk

Goldenhawk

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7653
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.
I want to contribute to the GolfWRX Community.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
Yes.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.
I've never tried a Cobra driver ever since Puma took over.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
Yes, there are executive courses nearby that I play at lunchtime and in the afternoon on a regular basis.
  • What is your current handicap?
  • When were you last fit for clubs?
Last year, sometime in the summer.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
Yes.
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play?
R11 S Driver with matrix X-Con 5 Stiff Shaft.  Adams Super XTD 3-wood withthe stock  Fubuki K Stiff Shaft.

Edited by Goldenhawk, 27 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

TM SLDR 10.5* Driver
Adams Super XTD Ti 14.5* and 18* Woods
Adams Super XTD Ti 19* Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-850 Forged, 4 to AW
Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Mizuno MP-T5 Wedges, 56*/10* and 60*/10*

#63 Invert99

Invert99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147783
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Because it is a great opportunity to be able to provide a review from a players perspective for all of the helpful and interested members of this forum. This is a great opportunity to not only try out new equipment but to give back to this great community
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
Absolutely. I will be able to post a complete review including pictures and videos.
As a person who doesn't change clubs nearly as often as some members of this forum, the one item I always have an eye out for is a new fairway wood.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
Yes, I will be able to thoroughly test the products.
I have never had a full club fitting, and was fit for a driver about a year and a half ago.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
Of course. The following discussions are usually as informative as the initial review.
I currently play a 910 fd 15 with a project x 7c3 6.0, and a 910 f 19 with a diamana kaili 70R. However I am in the process of adding a hybrid and changing the shafts in both of these clubs.

#64 dmalli

dmalli

Puma Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.
-I love this website. I use it to learn and experiment with golf and my game. I would like to contribute back to the community that has helped me greatly.
Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
- yes, I would be able to take pictures and video via my iPad and Canon dslr camera. I will be able to provide a unbiased review as well.
Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.
-My two favorite companies are Cleveland and Cobra. I would like to see how we'll the Cobras stack against my Cleveland's and a couple of titleist clubs.
Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
-Weather is cold, but I can make it to a golf course to test the product. I am also able to use a simulator whenever I please and a indoor driving range. I would use all of them for testing.
What is your current handicap?
-Unofficial 11-13
When were you last fit for clubs?
-I have never been fit, but plan to do so soon.
If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
-I would love to discuss on the products tested. How else do some people know what to look for in clubs when wanting to purchase?
[i]What woods/shaft do you currently play?

-Cobra l5v 8.5* grafalloy prototype x stiff
Cobra l5v 9.5* ys-6 stiff tipped one inch
Titleist 975 pro force v2 stiff
Cleveland hibore pro force v2 xstiff
Titleist 975 3 wood pro force v2 stiff
Cleveland mashie 3h stock x stiff
Cleveland mashie 4h s300 tipped...soon to go x100 or kbs hybrid xstiff

Edited by dmalli, 27 February 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#65 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14841
  • Ebay ID:kjam100100
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

• Answers below:

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.  I'm an equipment junk and am knowledgeable about it, also am a decent communicator especially in writing.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?  Absolutely
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.  I'm a Cobra guy, enjoy the equipment and attitude that it promotes.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).  Assuming I don't receive until March 10ish, yes, weather could be an issue prior to that as I live in the midwest, currently there is still snow on the ground.
  • What is your current handicap?  9
  • When were you last fit for clubs?  Previous set of irons, which were TM Burner 2.0, about 12 months ago.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?  You can count on it.
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play?  Cobra Encore, House of Forged Great White Shaft, stiff flex
  • Thanks for the opportunity, I hope to hear from you soon.
  • KH

#66 Black Label Johnny

Black Label Johnny

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51722
  • Ebay ID:modfather7905
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Everything I know & have learned about golf equipment Is from this website. It's a great learning tool for the vastness that which is golf equipment. It's great being that guy at my local course that everyone directs the tech questions to. I take pride in helping my friends find that right shaft or club to help their game.

Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?

Oh yeah! I had double majored in Journalism/Film Student & was editor of the paper at the University of Tulsa

Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.

As i stated before, I love to pass my knowledge of how different equipment can help your game. Each swing is different. It's great to have this site to give and get so many different takes.

Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them?

Yes, I live less than 5 minutes from my course

Last season

Yes

What woods/shaft do you currently play?

Cobra AMP 8.5 w/ AD DI 6X
Callaway Razr Fit 8.5 w/ AD BB 6S

Adams F11 Ti 13.5* & 18* w/ PX 8b4

Cheers
ZL Encore w/UST Chrome
3 Deep w/UST Chrome
X2 Hot 5 wood w/UST Chrome
Scratch Don White 21-46 w/5* gaps
Scratch XDG 51*
Del Mar Buttonback

#67 JJensen

JJensen

MNWRX - FBefnD

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169649
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I love seeing the reviews that others put on this site and now that i have honed my game, i would like to have my shot at reviewing!

You Betcha' (YES!)

Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX
My last cobra driver was the Speed LD 4 years ago, and  i haven't even looked at another one since. This years Pro line looks promising, and i would love to try it out!

Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).

You Betcha'

Irons - Early Feb., Woods - Never

You Betcha'

What woods/shaft do you currently play?

Callaway RAZR Fit 8.5 - Attas Elements MK 6X

Titeist 910F 13.5 - Attas Elements MK 7X

913D3 8.5* - UST Elements Chrome 7F5T
910F 13.5* -Diamana Blueboard 83x
913Hd 18* - Matrix Ozik Altus X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K/58M -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
WITB Link

#68 josh44

josh44

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120342
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Because I'm not a bomber of the golf ball and hit the driver inconsistently. And hit woods and hybrids off the tee a lot. So, I could provide some info to that group of golfers.

Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?  I am. I've never hit Cobra woods before, so I have no pre-existing thoughts on their line.

Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.  Because GolfWRX is the first place I go for reviews on clubs and I'd like to be able to contribute.

Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).  Yes. I could get in more than the minimum most likely.

What is your current handicap?  16

When were you last fit for clubs?  A couple months ago(irons), last year (driver)

If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?  Yes.  I am always willing to give my opinion on clubs.

What woods/shaft do you currently play?  Driver - Adams Fast 12 w/ Prolaunch Red stiff. 3&5 Wood - RBZ stock stiff. Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Edge with NVS stiff shaft.

Edited by josh44, 28 February 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Callaway XHot 3Deep 13*
Wilson Staff D-100 17*
Ping i5 4-PW w/ Rifle 5.5
Ping Tour Gorge 52,56
Titleist Vokey 58

#69 stryper

stryper

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25877
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.  GolfWRX is the premier golf community on the internet.  The opportunity to present unbiased information would be a privilege.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?  Yes.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX. I've never been a Cobra player, but I like the energy that Cobra/Puma is bringing to the game, especially with their appeal to younger golfers.  I would like to see how their products hold up to the buzz.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). I have unlimited access to a course/range facility.  I typically play and/or practice 3-5 times a week.
  • What is your current handicap? 7
  • When were you last fit for clubs?  Fitted for driver and irons Spring/Summer 2012.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? Yes.
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play? My driver is a 910D3 with Project X/7C3. My fairway is a MacGregor MacTec NVG2, reshafted with an 86g UST Proforce V2, stiff, played at 43".

UST Mamiya for Life!!!

#70 robengel

robengel

golf genius

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196982
  • Ebay ID:rob-e1
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

• I am an equipment nerd, I love testing new products, but due to my fairly remote location, I'm not able to run down to my local golf shop and hit new clubs.  I'd love to give back to my fellow WRXers as I've read many evaluations from fellow members, and would love to contribute.

• I have never been "brand loyal" to any one manufacturer, and I have good writing skills, I've contacted WRX before about becoming one of the writers for the site, but haven't gotten anything going as of yet.  I'd be happy to work out some pictures and video to help fully evaluate the clubs.

• I'm interested in Cobra's version of adjustability and the one club fits all idea of the amp cell.  I've always liked Cobra's design although for whatever reason I've never owned a Cobra club before.

• As long as the snow is off the course by the time they get here, I'll be playing anyway!

• Currently I'm around an 8 handicap

• Within the last week I went to an equipment expo and had a fitting done for woods.

• Absolutely, I'll be checking in on the discussion to see how they perform even if I'm not chosen.

• My current driver is a Nike Machspeed black, 9.5 degree, fubuki 55g stock stiff flex shaft.  I have an R11s coming to me in the mail and a kai'li 70 stiff flex shaft, that I would love to go head to head with the new Cobra to see which one earns a spot in the bag.  My 3 wood is a 15 degree adams insight with a stock stiff shaft.  It's a few years old, so I'd really love to test out a new Cobra 3 wood to replace it.

Edited by robengel, 28 February 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Cobra Amp Cell Driver
Cobra Amp Cell 3wood
Adams Super LS 3 hybrid
Mizuno jpx-825 pro irons 4-P
Cleveland wedges 52, 56, 60
Odyssey White Hot Rossie

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 Scottyguy68

Scottyguy68

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185290
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

• Explain WHY you want to Review for GolfWRX. I would like to review for GolfWRX because i feel it is a good chance to get to try new clubs on course and help my search for the best driver for my swing.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor Review format complete with pictures and/or video? Yes, it would be very easy to write a review of this wood, and post pics of it.
  • Explain WHY you want to Review this equipment for GolfWRX. I want to review this product because i am currently searching for a new driver.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). Yes, i live very close to a course that i am a member of, so i get free range balls and play for very cheap.
  • What is your current handicap? I've never calculated my handicap, but official rounds that i play in are usually between 83-90
  • When were you last fit for clubs? I have never been fit for clubs.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? I would love to participate in a discussion regarding the test product.
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play? I currently play....
  • A PING G15 10.5 with serrano
  • A PING G20 15* with accra tour proto
  • A Nike sq2 with diamana ahina

Bridgestone J40 10.5 Motore f1 stiff
Ping G20 3 wood PX 6.0
Nike sumo2 w/ diamana ahina MFT
Bridgestone J40 dpc PX 6.0
No name 52*, Anser 56*, Vokey proto 60*
SC golo/tad moore shorty tour s

#72 Long Shot

Long Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1752
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Please give HONEST, DETAILED answers to the following below to be considered:
Back in the BSG days I used to do equipment reviews quite often.  I enjoy doing them when I am in search of a new club.  This year will be the year of finding a new driver.   I have access to fitting carts for Taylormade, Ping and Titleist for comparison.  
I have and have always played a mixed bag of clubs.  Those that work the best for me.  I would have no problem being unbiased.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX?
I am in search of a new driver and am excited with all the new offerings this year.  So the opportunity to review this driver will be meaningful since there is an opening in my bag for one.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the accepta
I would have no problem meeting this requirement, I am on the course almost daily in the spring (golf coach) and play at least 2 rounds a week on top of 2-3 9-hole outing per week) on the course 4-6 ties per week in the spring.
Went through a driver fitting last September (Pete's Golf n Mineola, NY)
  • Yes
Driver 9.5* Titleist 910 44.5", Graphite Design Tour AD 9003x   X-flex
3-Wood 15* Fourteen SF 308 Head, Graphite Design Tour AD P9003x x flex

#73 HipCheck

HipCheck

The season to ho, ho, ho

• Marshals
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thanks guys!

We'll comb through and start contacting next week sometime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors