Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TESTERS WANTED: COBRA WOODS TESTING. Apply here.

72 replies to this topic

#1 HipCheck

HipCheck

All treats.

• Marshals
  • 5,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

At GolfWRX, our strength is you, our membership. We are golf nuts and WRXers are no different. You share the same passion. We want you to create member reviews and will present opportunities from time-to-time. Here's the latest.

AMP.jpg

We are looking for GolfWRX testers for a Member Review of various products from Cobra Golf's 2013 AMP Cell Woods & Hybrids and ZL Encore line.

If you are chosen, you WILL be contacted via PM. Thank you!  On to the requirements....

Basic requirements:
  • You must be a U.S. or Canada resident, age 18 or older.
  • You must be prepared to test equipment on a golf course with two weeks of its receipt (two to three rounds is suggested minimum).
  • You must be willing to write a thorough, honest review in our standard format with proper pictures from a camera (video too if you'd like).
  • You must be willing to participate in the discussion of your review after it is completed.
Please give HONEST, DETAILED answers to the following below to be considered:
  • Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
  • What is your current handicap?
  • When were you last fit for clubs?
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play?
Keep in mind, that post history is also a requirement. We are looking for members in good-standing that participate in discussions. For example, you may be a member for 5 years, but only have 100 posts, you're not very active.

Again, please don't send PMs as we simply cannot respond to everyone.  You will be contacted if considered!  Thanks everyone.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Trevorg2

Trevorg2

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149681
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I love the site. I would love to help out and to also get to review a awesome looking driver.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
Yes.
I cant afford new equipment at the moment. Plus who on this site would not want to test a new golf product.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
I live in michigan so weather would have to permit. But i live very close to a golfsmith and would be willing to take the driver up there and test on trackman with the current 2 drivers i own plus some they have there.
I have never been fit for clubs.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
Yes. I usually cant afford new equipment so that why i cant join in about it much around here.
I play a r11s 9.0 driver with stiff flex rombax 6x07
vr 3 wood 15 with blueboard stiff
r11 5 wood with regular stock shaft

Thanks for the opportunity.

#3 Johnny T

Johnny T

GolfWRX True Temper Test Panel

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77624
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.  This site has given me so much, not only in knowledge, but connecting with like-minded, golf-obsessed individuals like myself.  I feel that providing reviews is a great way to give something back.  I'm also not some super long hitter with a low single digit hc, so I can provide a "Joe Average" view on things.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?  Absolutely.  I have never officially reviewed a product for a manufacturer on GolfWRX but I have written a few of my own in hopes to provide additional information to my fellow members.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.  I was a big fan of Cobra equipment when I first started golf about 6-7 years ago.  Since that time I have gravitated away from them but the new MyFly technology has me intrigued.  I would love to try it out to see if it actually does what they say it does.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).  Yes.  Photos and video aren't issues either.
  • What is your current handicap?  No official hc, but unofficial tracking has me ~13-14.
  • When were you last fit for clubs?  November 2011
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?  Yes.  That is part of the fun is answering questions and providing more in-depth answers to specific questions.
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play?  Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* with PX 6C12; Fairway - Ping G20 16.5* with Diamana D+ 82 stiff; Hybrids - Adams XTD 19* & 21* with Graphite Design G-series 95 stiff.

Cobra Bio Cell - PX 6C12
Callaway X Hot Pro - PXv
Nike Covert Tour - Kuro Kage 80
Titleist AP2 714 - Modus3 130
Nike VR Forged 54/58 - S400
Odyssey Versa WBW 2

#4 bird_4_3

bird_4_3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74681
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

1.  I would like to review for Golfwrx because over the years this site has caused me to become a club ho.  I love this site, my wife not so much.
2.  I can write any type of review or length of review that is needed.
3.  I really like the colors that Cobra has introduced, golf is to stuffy, you need to have fun golfing.  I really looked purchasing a Cobra Amp driver last year but did not as I was not crazy about the stock shaft.  Would like to know if they made an improvement on that this year.
4.  I am a member of a club and I live in an area where you can play golf now.
5.  8.9 handicap
6.  I was last fit for a driver last year, irons 3 years ago.
7. I will participate in any discussions, I love to talk about golf and golf equipment.
8.  Cleveland Classic 290 with 72g Kusala stiff.  3 wood Wishon 929 Oban Revenge stiff, 5 wood Wishon 949 Oban Devotion, hybrid Bridgestone J40 project X 6.0

Edited by bird_4_3, 26 February 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Wishon 919thi Harrison Prototype
3, 5, 7 wood Wishon 949mc
Adams XTD hybrid
Cleveland TT 6-Dw
Odyssey 1 wide bwb
Scor 54and Wishon 58 wedges

#5 harleydavis

harleydavis

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121945
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

As an engineer I feel I can offer a unique and technical perspective on all types of equipment.
Certainly!
I have not ever been a Cobra die hard. I would like the opportunity of offer an un-biased opinion on a new exciting piece of equipment.
Of course. I play ever weekend and have access to a LM whenever I need.
Irons last summer. 3 wood and Hybrid last weekend. It has been awhile for the driver.
Of course!
Taylormade R11 9* Fubuki Tour 63x (replaced weights with two 8 gram weights to add weight and really give it a neutral bias)
Titleist 913 FD With the Rip Phenom 80S. Set to B2

#6 ahopkins13

ahopkins13

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191924
  • Ebay ID:hopkinschevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.--- i enjoy writting, i just havent had a big reason to write,

• Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video
  • I am very willing and able to write. I believe i can write a well thought out and entertaining review if given the chance

• Because i read other peoples reviews and always wonder how sincere they are or unbiased. This is someting I have hoped to do for quite sometime now. I know my post count isnt huge but i am on this site daily, multiple times usually.

• yes i have a local membership with access to a range. I would intend on playing a minimum 5 rounds and several sessions at the range to get an accurate and detailed review

• 12-14

• last summer

• Would love to and would be anxious to answer others questions

• Callaway RAZR X Black  stiff stock shaft.

#7 mchamden1

mchamden1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161375
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Would love to participate, but it's too cold/snowy here in Chicago...bah
Cleveland Classic XL Custom 10.5*
Cleveland Classic XL 15.5*
Ping G25 Hybrid 20*
Ping G25 5-UW
Vokey SM4 54.08 / 56.14 / 60.04
Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball Lined Blade

#8 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1794

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX. I enjoy giving back to the community that has done so much for me and my game.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video? YES
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX. Cobra and Nike are the only two OEM's that I have'nt given a fair shake. I have yet to own a single piece of equipment from them. And I believe it's time to give them a chance.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). YES
  • What is your current handicap? 9..though I have been playing a little higher as of late.
  • When were you last fit for clubs? December
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? My favorite part YES!
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play? TaylorMade R7 Quad with an ALDILA  RIP Alpha

Edited by Kadin 25, 26 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

#9 Falang_Golfer

Falang_Golfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50791
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

When is delivery?  Six inches of snow coming tonight!
Ping G25 9.5 - Diamana D+
Ping G20 3h - Tour TFC
Ping Rapture J 3-PW w/ Rombax 115i
Ping G25 SW - CFS X
Ping G25 LW - CFS X
Odyssey Black Series #9

#10 zack175

zack175

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175426
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.
-I love discussing and trying out golf equipment and love everything about GolfWRX

1. Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
-Yes I am not biased and like whatever equipment works best for me
2. Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.
-I really like the vibe Covra has, also since they do not have any retailers near me,I have never had the chance to test and of their equipment exept an AMP 3 wood that I loved until it cracked. I would really like to test out their newer stuff bc it's suppose to be awesome!

3. Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
-Yes, I play golf at my home course at least 4 times a week, and love trying out new equipment!

4. What is your current handicap?
- 8.4 handicap

5. When were you last fit for clubs?
-I was fit for irons last month, and I was fit for woods 1.5 years ago

6. If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
-Yes, I participate in most discussions anyway lol.

7. What woods/shaft do you currently play?
- Driver: Razr Fit 9.5* with Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 wood: RBZ 14.5* with Graphite design AD DI 8x
5 wood: Vr Pro LE 19* with Diamana Blueboard 93x

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 eagle1997

eagle1997

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
GolfWRX Likes : 3351

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

GIDDYUP.
  • I have done reviews in the past on GolfWRX and enjoyed the interaction and discussion related to newly released products.
  • YES
  • Woods are the key component to the average golfers' game.  If you can hit your woods well, you can have a decent round.  The converse is true as well.  I feel as though I am quite happy with my current setup, but i am always curious about new technology.  it'll be interesting to see if cobra can better what i have going.  Challenge accepted?
  • YES, absolutely.  I also have nearly unlimited access to trackman.
  • Self-fit, through research and trial and error.  plus, i got lucky a few times with blind purchases.  Never been professionally fit.
  • YES, that's the best part.  :)
  • Driver: ping i20, 9.5*, projectX black 6.0
  • 3w: TEE xcg4, 15*, Fujikura Motore Exotics, Stiff
  • 3h: Cobra DWS, 19*, Aldila VS Proto, Stiff

#12 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX. I enjoy discussions on the golfwrx forum regarding equipment, I like to help others out on the forum with equipment I have experience with. Honest user reviews help out the golfwrx community.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video? Yes
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX I've never owned a cobra product and am interested to see how it compares.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). Yes, I also have access to launch monitor.
  • What is your current handicap? 8
  • When were you last fit for clubs? September 2012
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? My favorite part Yes!
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play? TM r11 10.5 motore speeder 6.0 stiff, Nike sq 11 3 wood stock shaft stiff, Titleist 909 19d blue board stiff - I plan on an overhaul this season

#13 vtnerf

vtnerf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217833
GolfWRX Likes : 855

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX. I believe in the process of the everyday golfer to test equipment for the everyday golfer. I know I can't hit Rickie's driver, but something similar that is geared towards what I need IS available out there. Its just being able to determine what that is, and help out others determine what they might need, without either of us spending $500 that is the great opportunity. This would be awesome to be involved.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video? Yes, that won't be a problem. I most likely would grab a buddy for the camera duty. As far as unbiased, I have no allegiance to any OEM. I have 3 or 4 different ones now, play another's ball, wear another's glove, and wear another's shoes.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.  I recently put a set of Cobra Amps, 4-pw, in my bag. Am very interested in the driver to match the set, if its a good fit. I've heard very good things from guys that I have club-likenesses with. But as you see below, I'm already in the middle of trying out drivers. Adding another one to the mix would ensure that I'm going to have a great driver in the bag this year (and in the future!)
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). Yes. AND, I have access to a launch monitor (private, not a box store or pro-owned) and access to a range that is seldom used outside of the summer months.
  • What is your current handicap? 5.5 index
  • When were you last fit for clubs?  Not actaully fitted...just know my specs, and "fit" for a Titleist driver about 6 years ago.
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? Yes, that won't be a problem
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play? Here's the thing:  I bought an R11S over Christmas, but found a hairline fracture between the face and crown. I have a new head coming (hopefully here tomorrow) from TMAG, with the TP Phenom 65 Stiff shaft. Since I'm not sure how that one will work out, I bought an RBZ Tour 9 with the TP HD6 stiff shaft, which should be here be end of the week. If I were to be selected to test the Cobra, it would be against those two drivers. In other words, it would be completely a competion, with the best club being selected. I'm not going to put something in my bag I don't trust. And for good measure, I have my previously gamed Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 8.5 with the stiff Habenero shaft. It would be a 4-way battle without a doubt. (I'm in the 105-108mph ss range....280-295 range.)  My 3 wood is an RBZ Tour3, 14.5* with the X-Con7 stiff shaft.

#14 Ereim

Ereim

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59317
  • Ebay ID:natp0wers
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

• I want to review for GolfWRX because I am passionate about golf equipment and about this wonderful community. I enjoy testing new gear and do so often.
    • I am able to review equipment in an unbiased and professional manner. I also enjoy editing video in my spare time and have professional video editing software.
    • I believe that fairway woods, in particular, hold a special relationship with most golfers. These clubs tend to stay in the bag longer for most people. Personally, I have played the 2007 Burner TP since its release. Even after testing multiple releases every year, I couldn’t find a replacement… Until recently.
    • I will be testing the clubs at one of the best places to live and play golf; The Virginian Golf Club. Since opening in 1992 it has received over 62 awards & honors and has hosted multiple championships including the 2003 USGA Senior Am. The course also has a full practice area including three practice holes. I will be able to play well over three rounds within two weeks of receiving the clubs.
    • Current handicap is 3.6 GHIN # 5499901
    • I was last fit for clubs at the end of 2012. (irons, driver)
    • Yes, I look forward towards copious amounts of internet dialogue.
    • I play the RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha 43”

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Titleist 913 10.5 GD Tour AD-DI 6x
RBZ tour stage 2 14.5 Fubuki Alpha 60x
Adams a12 19* 24*
Mizuno MP 64 5-PW Project X Pxi 6.0
Vokey wedges & SC Squareback putter

#15 moonshine

moonshine

The Trace!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Ebay ID:chasj_r1
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.  As an active member big part of the reason I visit each day is equipment discssion.
  • Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video? Yes, absolutely and pics are no problem.
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.  In the market for a new driver/fw/hybrid and very interested in early feedback of Cobra line.
  • Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).  Home club is part of RTJ golf trail.  Three 18 hole courses with varying conditions/design.
  • What is your current handicap? 3
  • When were you last fit for clubs? Each year I participate in fitting with either my coach or multi vendor demo day(Trackman)
  • If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? Everyone tells me I talk too much and I type even faster....will enjoy it!
  • What woods/shaft do you currently play? RHT 9.5 attas spx vts silver-r9 3 fw/attas 8S-adams a7 19 deg hybrid/ust axiv blck

#16 LObin

LObin

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109732
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

~ Wow, many reasons why! Because I love golf equipment just as love as I love golf. Because I'm the main resource for all my friends and family when it comes to golf and equipment. Also because I'm a big time WRX addict ;)

Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
~ Absolutly! I even have a few ideas of my own that involves videos, flightscope, various testers...

Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX.
~ Well, I'm taking many information and knowledge on golf equipment from reviews and equipment thread on WRX. Much more than I do from any other source. Of course, my own experience with the club in question helps me make an opinion for myself but I know that different golfers will have different opinions on the same given club. And I love the idea that anybody can find something that may help their game. And why do I want to review the Amp Cell or the ZLE line? Because I firmly believe that Cobra has been producing some really interesting equipment, technologicall and esthetically wise, especially in the past 2 years. And the Cobra Golf line, like very few other oems, is affordable, which is something the game of golf needs, imo.

Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
~ The answer is yes, if I get the clubs anywhere after the 2nd week of march. I'm in Montreal, Canada.

What is your current handicap?
~ 9. It was 4.1 at he beginning of last season but I didn't get to practice or play as much last year, with the birth of my first child. Very good reason if you ask me... ;) but I'm planning on getting my handicap back to where it was last year!

When were you last fit for clubs?
~ Adams Golf demo day in Mirabel last spring.

If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards?
~ I will take part of the discussion, even if I'm not chosen to test the clubs!

What woods/shaft do you currently play?
~ Adams Fast 12LS w/ Fubuki alpha 60X OR xcaliber tour 6 ts OR steely X100
~ Adams XTD 15* hybrid w/ xcaliber tour HY ts
Bio cell + / oban V430 65X
Adams super XTD hybrid 15* / Axe tour
TEE CB proH 18* / V2 85X
Adams a12 pro 4-gw / C-Taper S+
Cleveland 588 rotex 54 / 58
Odyssey Versa BWB #7 / SS 3.0

#17 cmusic

cmusic

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30867
  • Ebay ID:cmusic3300
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I enjoy playing golf and discussing golf here on GolfWRX.  I've been playing for about 24 years. Although I have a few favorite brands, I know that the best clubs are the clubs that are best fitted to the player, regardless of the brand name.  I also tend to be a club "ho" and try out the clubs of my playing partners often.  
Yes.  
It's been a few years since I have owned a Cobra product, the excellent LV4 driver.  I want to see how the "new" Cobra is doing against the older Cobra equipment.  
Yes, I have a membership at a local course and the weather is decent this time of year in my location.  There should be no problem with getting three or more rounds in using the test clubs before I write a complete review.  
August 2012 for new irons and April 2012 for new a driver, 3-wood, and hybrid.
Yes
Titleist 910D2 10.5° w/ Diamana Ahina 72s
Titleist 910F 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83s
Titleist 910H 19° w/ Diamana Ahina 92s

Ping G30 w/ Motore Speeder 661x
Callaway X2Hot 3-Deep & 5-Deep
Titleist 910H 19 set to 21.5
Mizuno MP-59 w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Titleist SM4 54 & 60 w/ DG S200
Odyssey Metal X #7

#18 RighttoLeft

RighttoLeft

From the Cheap Seats

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5556
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

• I would enjoy the ability to give unbiased feedback to the community.
  • Yes. Pictures are no problem.
  • I am a long time Cobra fan and the MyFly technology has me very intrigued. I would love to have the ability to put these clubs through their paces without being limited to hitting a few balls on a simulator at a golf shop.
  • Yes, as well as ample range time.
  • I haven't kept an official one for the last year, but for the last 5 years I have fluctated between a 9 and 11.
  • Yes.
  • 10.5° Cobra X Speed Pro S with a UST Axivcore Green 85 X tipped 1". Fairway woods (3 and 5) are Titleist 909F2 with UST Proforce V2 75 stiffs tipped 2.5" and 3" repectively.

#19 markjinc

markjinc

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52194
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

-I'd like an opportunity to have my honest opinion viewed by the largest golf user forum out there. I believe I can bring a unique, not biased opinion to the review since I have no brand ofiliation whatsoever playing 7 different brands in my bag right now.
Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?
-Yes, I have the time and resources to make a complete review.
-I have never had the opportunity to test and review anything golf related and am currently using a Cobra driver.
Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum).
-Yes, I live on the 5th hole if a private country club which I belong to and play 4 times per week minimum.
-Never, it's hard to fit me due to my high swing speed.
-Absolutely.
-Cobra ZL Encore 8.5* shafted with a GD Tour Ad-DI 7 TX shaft, Tour Edge Exotics CB5 4wood shafted with a 80x Diamana Blueboard, Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid shafted with a Fujikura Motore F3 95x shaft
Thanks.
WITB
Cobra Bio Cell Pro - Fuji Fuel TS 70X
Cobra Bio Cell+ 15* - TourSPX VTS 9TX
Cobra Bio Cell+ Irons 3-PW DG X100s
Cobra Tour Trusty Wedges 52, 56, 60
Bettinardi BB-0 Custom

#20 Bkgeneral

Bkgeneral

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103147
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I am very typical to this site.  I go through 2-3 drivers/putters each season.  I always go to check out the new merchandise, and love discussing the merits of it.

Absolutely.  Good is good, bad is bad.

Specifically to Cobra I have used their items some over the years.  I loved the S2 forged irons, for instance.  When I go to store, I check all drivers and see how they set up.  I liked the setup for last year's AMP, and am going to consider the new version this year.

Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum?
Yes.  I play 2-3 times a week (weather permitting), with 1 practice session included.

2.5 but after a winter off, I doubt I play to that level for a month or so

Last spring, @ Golf Galaxy for my MP-59's

Yes.  I am on this site 4-5 times a week already.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 310/ Miyazaki  Black 61 Stiff:
15*: Tour Edge Exotic CB5/ Fubuki 73 stiff
  18*: Mizuno MP 650/ Fujikura Orochi Red Eye stiff

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 2863

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

• The new Cobra woods have intrigued me, bright colors and cell technology is exciting and new. I have access to outdoor Trackman and would like to utilize these resources to help other members make a good decision for their new clubs and get value from their purchase.
  • I can and will be 100% unbiased and give honest, candid feedback with no strings attached. Everything can be taken at face value. I have complted thourough reviews in the past with detailed input and photos.
  • Yes
  • 11/28/2012
  • Yes- I think my post count and tenur is evidence of this
  • 913D3 Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X 913FD Speeder TS 8.2X

#22 Conman48

Conman48

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144049
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Of course!  I have a completely mixed bag with no bias towards any company.

I love to try new equipment and I'm pretty pumped about the color schemes of the new Cobra line up! Also I am in desperate need for woods I can successfully lift off the deck with distance.

Very much so we have our Colonial Cup approaching soon at CCC in ft worth, and I plan on playing at least 5 times a week till then!

I'm at a 9 and dropping!

This summer for irons, wedges, and driver.  I have had the same fairway woods for sometime since I struggle with most OEMs from the deck.

Ill he ready to write a review whenever needed to!

Fairways are Yonex enzone 3 and 5 woods with tour issue VTS black stiff shafts.  A solid combo,  however still struggling with gaining distances with them.  Hybrid is currently a bobby jones 21*  with a stock stiff shaft.

#23 Conman48

Conman48

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I love to try new equipment and I'm pretty pumped about the color schemes of the new Cobra line up! Also I am in desperate need for woods I can successfully lift off the deck with distance.

Very much so we have our Colonial Cup approaching soon at CCC in ft worth, and I plan on playing at least 5 times a week till then!

I'm at a 9 and dropping!

This summer for irons, wedges, and driver.  I have had the same fairway woods for sometime since I struggle with most OEMs from the deck.

Fairways are Yonex enzone 3 and 5 woods with tour issue VTS black stiff shafts.  A solid combo,  however still struggling with gaining distances with them.  Hybrid is currently a bobby jones 21*  with a stock stiff shaft.

#24 Conman48

Conman48

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Very much so we have our Colonial Cup approaching soon at historic CCC in ft worth, and I plan on playing at least 5 times a week till then!

I'm at a 9 and dropping!

#25 Conman48

Conman48

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  

Very much so we have our Colonial Cup approaching soon at historic CCC in ft worth, and I plan on playing at least 5 times a week till then!

I'm at a 9 and dropping!

#26 eagles1

eagles1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68674
GolfWRX Likes : 221

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX.  I am an active member of the Golfwrx community (lurker in my first three years) and appreciate the feedback from others on tested equipment.  It's my time to give back.

• Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video?  Yes

• Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX. I am interested in reviewing the hybrids as I have gone through no less than ten sets within the past five years to no avail.

• Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). Yes

• What is your current handicap? 11

• When were you last fit for clubs? One month ago

• If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? Yes

• What woods/shaft do you currently play? Driver - Ping Rapture V2 w/ aftermarket Fujikura 569 stiff, tip trimmed 1/2 inch.  Rocketballz 17 degree wood, stock Ozik shaft (Regular).  Kasco hybrids (19 and 22 degree) Aerotech steelfiber i80 shaft (Regular)

Edited by eagles1, 26 February 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#27 Super Tuna

Super Tuna

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126606
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX. - I've enjoyed all the information I've been able to pull out of WRX that has improved my understand of the game it's self along with the myriad of equipment options. This is an excellent opportunity to potentially shine light on a brand that doesn't get as much exposure along coupled with giving back to the WRX community.

• Are you able to write complete, unbiased reviews of products in our editor review format complete with pictures and/or video? - Yes

• Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX. - While Puma may be more of a lifestyle brand, and while Cobra may be trying to tap into that market, to get golfers to cross over to the brand, the change will have to start with the clubs. I would like to give my take on the performance of the club and how it may or may not tie into the lifestyle branding shift.

• Are you able to test the products on a real golf course within two weeks of receiving them? (Two to three rounds is the acceptable minimum). - Absolutely. It's wet here in the PNW but there's only been one week of the year that I haven't been able to play.

• What is your current handicap? - 10.8 according to OOB

• When were you last fit for clubs? - Last Spring

• If you test product, do you agree to participate in its discussion afterwards? - Absolutely. Testing without discussion is not nearly as effective at grabbing people's attention and imagination. If one can't take the review and apply the parameters to themselves, it's just another article. The discussion is what makes a club go from just being a club to being an event that others might want to partake in as well.

• What woods/shaft do you currently play? - Current gamers are a R11 10.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 72, no fairways and Razr X/Razr X Tour hybrids with Kuro Kage 80H's.

Edited by Super Tuna, 26 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#28 morebeerbettergolf

morebeerbettergolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178978
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

• Explain WHY you want to review for GolfWRX?

• I love to test new equipment and write concise, unbiased, detailed reviews on them.  I spend a great deal of money each year buying and trying different clubs of all different brands, so I feel that makes me a great candidate to review the Cobras.

• Absolutely,  I feel that the review would be completely worthless if bias or prejudice is allowed to creep into the analysis.  
  • Explain WHY you want to review this equipment for GolfWRX

• The sport of golf and the equipment is a passion of mine.  I spend a lot of time researching, reviewing, examining, and playing different golf equipment.  I like the idea of bringing my knowledge, viewpoints, and unbiased opinion to the best golf website in the world.

• That shouldn't be a problem.  I play multiple rounds per week during the season (April-Nov.)

• I'm a 13, up from a 2011 season ending 8 due to snowboard injuries sustained in Feb 2012.  I am fully healed now, my ball striking is the best it has ever been, and I anticipate a return to my previous form, if not better.

• I had a comprehensive iron fitting at Club Champion in early December and a driver fitting the first of February, also at Club Champion.

• Of course.  Just try and stop me!!!

• I am kind of a JDM junkie, but I have a pretty big collection of USDM and have gone through a large percentage of popular USDM woods (TM, Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway) in the past 12 months in testing.  My *current* WITB for 2013 is a Nike Covert Tour with a 7M3 Black Tie, and PRGR Egg 3 and 5 woods with Crazy FW80 shafts.  I tend towards lower spin heads with low/low type shafts.

#29 double or triple?

double or triple?

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2748
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

• Having just written a review of my time at a Callaway Fitting Session, I noticed that it made me want to do it again and actually want to try different products and not just sit back and listen to what others are saying about it. Even though my swing is not as reliable as a scratch player or low handicap, I believe I could give an honest assessment of a product from a golfer who needs help with their game point of view rather than a golfer that is set in their bag and just looking for something that might add a few yards.
  •      I have no problem adhering to any guidelines or prompts at all. I just want to be able to give an honest opinion, whether positive or negative, about a product given my current handicap and playing ability.
  • I used to work in a golf shop and never once did I ever try a product that wasn't low handicap or better player "bias". After trying out Carolina Golfer 2's x hot driver, hybrid, and irons, all of which are not the "pro" model, I am now a firm believer that low profile heads or clubs that are neutral in face angle are not the "answer" for everyone and that oversized or draw face angled drivers or fairways or hybrids can actually improve anyones game.
  • I play every weekend at least once, if not both days. If selected I can make at least 1 practice range session and 2 rounds of golf a week.
  •     I dont have a club I belong to but past 4 rounds have been between 93-96.
  • I was fit for wedges and driver 1 year ago.
  • I'll participate regardless if chosen.
  • Taylormade R11s stiff DI-6s 10.5, Taylormade RBZ 3w stock stiff, Cobra baffler Rail H 22/4 stock stiff.

#30 AaronS

AaronS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103684
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

I would like to review for GolfWRX because I have enough experience with a variety of clubs and play enough to be able to give great feedback.
I can easily give a complete, unbiased review of any product. I have never been "married" to any one manufacturer.
I am really interested in reviewing the Cobra woods because I do not have a place close to me to test them, yet I am around a couple of great golf courses.
I can give an input of more than three rounds. I live very close to two golf courses and I set my own work schedule.
My current handicap is a 5.7.
Two weeks ago I had a fitting session for a few tweeks to my irons and woods.
Yes, I would love to participate in the discussion and give members my true honest opinion of the woods.
I currently play a Callaway Xtreme 10.5 with Tour AD DI 7s, Adams XTD 14.5 with a UST VTS tour spx stiff shaft, and an Adams 19* super hybrid with ATTAS shaft.

Edited by AaronS, 26 February 2013 - 02:59 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors