Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Galvin Green Waterproof FULL REVIEW!!!

63 replies to this topic

#1 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hello fellow WRX members (and rain gear enthusiasts),

Let me begin by saying that as a pacific northwest native, I play in a lot of awful, downright terrible weather, and it has become essential to have a good jacket. For around a month I searched endlessly for a Zero Restriction Tour Lite II rain jacket within budget ($175), as my Footjoy Tour Collection was just not cutting it, because it was too baggy, and did not repel the water quick enough. What I did like about the Footjoy was that it was warm. I played in just the jacket and a t-shirt and was fine despite the 45 degree temperature. I had done my research on Galvin Green, but with the limited knowledge, and people saying that sizes could be all over the board, I steered away from it. That, combined with the enormous price tag and limited availability (Galvin chooses not to market its products in the US for fear of compromising its quality…crazy, I know.) After the month long search, I decided to check UK Ebay for these mystical jackets...Just looking I thought..I saw a nice “Astor model” in my favorite color, in size XL with horrible pictures of a faded jacket (brand new it said, but at the time I believed it to be questionable). Anyways, I emailed the seller to get the OK to bid, woke up the next morning at 6 O’clock and won the jacket for around 100 EUROS… still a little over budget, but I was really excited to have won it.

For the next week I was praying that the jacket would not be faded, and would fit. I am 6’1” 145 lbs. and ordered the XL as I wear a US large. My build is lanky as can be, and my legs are super long, short torso and huge wingspan… Impossible to find a jacket for. Anyways I’m patiently awaiting the days for it to arrive from Europe… maybe a month I figured.

A week after winning the auction I get a text from my mom during school (I know, such a rebel) that says “Got a surprise for after school”

“Please be ice cream” I remember thinking

:wave:I Opened the door of my car to see the Galvin Green box waiting for me in the passenger seat.

“I wanted ice cream, what kind of parent are you?!” I told my mom

NOT! I was thrilled to see the box, and I was nervous about opening it because in the original pictures it was faded as all get out. But to my surprise, the jacket was bright and new as could be!

:nyam: I got home, and tried it on… PERFECT FIT. :nyam: Short torso, long arms, nice storm collar, tight but not restricting, and I felt better than Phil Mickleson wearing his green gator ensemble. :cheesy:

Okay, now let’s get to the review... LOL

Comfortability (Not a word but you know what I mean)

This jacket is tight. I will throw that out there. It is NOT restricting though (Unless you are heavyset and pull the back straps all the way together.) It has the elastic cinch system around the waist for tightening, but also a strap system on the sides right above the hips… very helpful but may take some getting used to. It is a jacket you can wear anywhere, that is how comfortable it is. The Jacket is a very nice light material (much thinner than other Gore-Tex brands) and feels good all around. The inside is a mesh material. Itfeels better than it looks. Being in the northwest, I would have liked to have seen a warmer interior but that is what layering is for. Not much more to say about it.

Repellent ability

I was completely confident that this would be the be all-end all of rain jackets. After 2 months of staying dry in wet weather, I can say my prediction was correct. Rain has simply not been able to penetrate this shell. I’m not a Galvin Green expert by any means, just a happy consumer, but I read somewhere that Galvin Green’s are able to repel almost up to three times as much water as the leading US brand.. 50,000 (Water repellant ability units) vs. the leading US company (Under Armor, Nike, or ZR) at around 18,000 units. Water just beads up on this bad boy. My only complaint in this category is that around the shoulders water can be absorbed into the jacket, making it look like you have the world’s worst underarm perspiration problem. You feel like you should feel damp but you don’t, but it does look less than attractive. At the end of the day you will be completely dry, and really that is all that matters, right? :wave:

Look

There isn’t a better looking rain jacket on the market. Period. I was SO sick of black and navy rain jackets, I had to have something bright. This was exactly what I had in mind. I look like a tour player, feel like one, and… well I don’t play like one but I’m 15. I got like 20 complements my first time wearing it to school. And I only have 11 friends so… No I’m kidding about that part but I got a ton of complements. I’m pretty sure it enabled me to pass an English presentation, as my teacher, an avid golfer, was just too mesmerized by the sheer awesomeness of it. You cannot find a better looking rain jacket. The bright colors, fantastic material and overall build quality make you feel like a true player. Logos plaster the jacket and it is just incredible wearing it. The high collar look is very European, something you will not see on any US jackets.

Pockets

The one category where every jacket lacks. For me, anyways. The Galvin did somewhat disappoint me in this category in terms of pocket placements. The chest pockets seem a little low. They are more on the stomach than the chest where I want them. Fortunately, they make up for it with a ton of capacity. I included pictures of my yardage book (Review on that soon), inside all the pockets. How sweet is that?! There are four total pockets, an outside right chest, an inside chest pocket on each side, and a pocket on the right back of the jacket (My personal favorite.  I don’t usually carry much stuff in jacket pockets anyways, but there is all the room one would ever need.

Overall

I give this jacket a 9/10

(For comparison I give an FJ Tour Collection Full Zip a 7/10) :nono:

It looks great, is extremely comfortable, and repels every drop of water hurled at it. I pour water on the jacket often just to see it slide off…no joke. The wrist cuffs keep water from getting onto your hands (I have no idea how, but it does really work). It fits IMO better than any other apparel company, but I might be biased with a European build. Color ways are perfect, stitching is professional quality, and the high collar is a very nice touch, as are the numerous logos. Pockets are awkwardly positioned but very accommodating.

Last part… Value.

I went over budget on this, but I believe it was worth it.

What is this worth? Well, as a teenager who paid for this out of pocket I am a penny pincher. $240 shipped is a ridiculous price for a piece of clothing, especially on a teenage budget. But in my situation (living in the Northwest.. near 300 cloudy days per year and unpredictable weather, I think I did a great job buying this, as I don’t treat myself often.

For an adult, here is my scale of spending ( I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING EBAY UK ROUTE.)

600+… Are you out of your mind?!

500-600… Way too high. At this price it’s practically against your religion.

400-500… Getting better but still a lot for one jacket. What would your wife say? Oh wait, you no longer have a wife because you are spending half a thousand dollars on a jacket.

300-400… Not bad… Make sure it is a quality jacket, does not matter if it is new because Galvin will replace any non working jackets.. for life! It is not a great deal, but you will be happy with it.

200-300…Well worth the money. Yes it is expensive. But would you rather have to replace a different manufacturer’s product frequently or spend the money once and be done with it. Hit the BIN button…do it..

100-200… If you miss out on this deal it is probably because I bought it first J

0-100…Wake up, you’re dreaming.

Bottom line: It will make you excited to play in nasty weather, and I mean that as seriously as possible.
Hope you enjoyed… sizing measurements coming soon!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by TheMackDaddy, 23 February 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 postfold

postfold

me + putting = FAIL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29687
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Fantastic review and pictures, thanks for posting it!

#3 sheldonjhacker

sheldonjhacker

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87167
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

NICE !!!  thanks

#4 Holein8

Holein8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214851
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Great review and welcome to Galvin's world!

Fantastic range of clothing and they are due to launch in the US this year I think

#5 Craglyboy

Craglyboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 190252
  • Ebay ID:Craglyboy
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Thanks I'm desperate to get some decent weather gear, living in manchester something I am going to have to get accustomed to.

Did you not bother with trousers.

Edited by Craglyboy, 24 February 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#6 bigblue

bigblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 949
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I bought Galvin Green rain gear on my golf trip to Scotland. It is by far the best I have worn. Since coming back I have ordered more online from golfsupport/uk. It is my understanding that GG is planning on coming to the US in 2014. The only downside is the price but after getting soaked wearing another brand I felt the price was reasonable for the protection you receive.

#7 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostCraglyboy, on 24 February 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

Thanks I'm desperate to get some decent weather gear, living in manchester something I am going to have to get accustomed to.

Did you not bother with trousers.
No, I may purchase a pair in the future, but it is impossible to find any in my size (32x34) and even then I would be nervous on the fit.

#8 Riuzzi

Riuzzi

Kwok'd!

• Marshals
  • 2,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1065
  • Handicap:7

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Nice review! That's a really good looking jacket. I'm surprised you had to go with an XL though. We're about the same height, but I'm about 20 lbs bigger than you, and I'd probably go with a Large in GG. I'd swim around in a pair of 32/34 size pants as well. I'm guessing you like a loose fit? :)

#9 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostRiuzzi, on 24 February 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Nice review! That's a really good looking jacket. I'm surprised you had to go with an XL though. We're about the same height, but I'm about 20 lbs bigger than you, and I'd probably go with a Large in GG. I'd swim around in a pair of 32/34 size pants as well. I'm guessing you like a loose fit? :)
Actually, loose fit is my number one pet peeve about US Rain Gear. I can't tell you how many time I have just felt drenched on a course, and had the water restrict my movement because it weighted down my clothing. Once it got so bad I took my jacket off and played hole #18 in nothing but a T-shirt in a downpour. This was in a tournament as well.

I just found The Galvin Green XL to be a super slim fit. I do have movement in it, but it is not nearly as baggy as FJ rain gear.

As for the 32x34 pants... a guy who works at my local course asked if I even had a torso because my legs are that long... LOL :)

#10 timbo08

timbo08

Major Winner

• 1,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Great review!  Honestly never heard of this company before but glad I stumbled upon this thread.  You definitely should get a sponsorship with them or some sort of kickback cause I am pretty sure you just sold a few jackets for them!

I have been debating what rain jacket to get for a while now.  In the past I haven't found one that I liked very much, they always seemed too heavy or too stiff or not very water proof or just too pricey for what you get.  Taking a look around I think I might have to give this one a go.  http://www.function18.com/outerwear/galvin-green-brando-gore-windstopper-golf-jacket-32388.html

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Posttimbo08, on 24 February 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Great review!  Honestly never heard of this company before but glad I stumbled upon this thread.  You definitely should get a sponsorship with them or some sort of kickback cause I am pretty sure you just sold a few jackets for them!

I have been debating what rain jacket to get for a while now.  In the past I haven't found one that I liked very much, they always seemed too heavy or too stiff or not very water proof or just too pricey for what you get.  Taking a look around I think I might have to give this one a go.  http://www.function18.com/outerwear/galvin-green-brando-gore-windstopper-golf-jacket-32388.html
Haha would love to get a deal with them the company's products fit fantastic. A word of caution before buying that jacket, it looks to be only a windbreaker, a high quality one at that. I would recommend going to the uk eBay it has much better prices as well. Good luck in your search!

#12 bigblue

bigblue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 949
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

I forgot to mention in my post that GG does run small. The article I read about them coming to the US said they would have to alter their sizes for the US market. I normally wear an xl and it is large but in GG I got an xxl.

#13 Chilidog

Chilidog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46727
  • Ebay ID:fisherj14
GolfWRX Likes : 243

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

From someone in the industry, let me tell you all you need in a rain jacket:

1) Gore-Tex if you want wind and rain repellency, DWR finish if you don't need warmth but need repellency (and you are not going to wash your jacket or pants)
2) Most importantly, taped or welded seams. This is costly to do and what the lower end guys skip.

Look for any rain system that has both of those things and you will stay dry.

#14 Greyboy

Greyboy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87688
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Wow great review and awesome looking jacket!  I've considered some of the Galvin Green stuff as well but never pulled the trigger.  Maybe I will revisit this brand...

#15 jack1123

jack1123

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134018
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I agree with the review. Great jacket.

Not to convolute peoples thoughts if they are already confused about fit, but I'm 6'2 and (a slim) 190lbs and I wear L (34" waist, 42" chest). Just something to bear in mind. The good thing is if that you do buy a bit on the large side, with the mid stomach level velcro straps, elasticated bottom trim and wrist velcro, it will fit you no problem. I think thats one of the big pros of the jackets not many people mention, you can adjust it to get a really good fit

Edited by jack1123, 25 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#16 QMany

QMany

Flush Sprayer

• 4,699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113894
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1142

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Great review TheMackDaddy. Good pictures and a fun read.

I don't play in conditions enough to warrant buying Galvin Green, but if I did, this review would have sold me.
Stage 2 Tour (9.5) NV 75
TEE CB ProH (2-3) KBS Tour
TP MB-MC (4-PW) KBS Tour
TP (54 and 60) KBS Tour

#17 drifter12

drifter12

Major Winner

• 1,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137555
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

great review thanks mack! i've been wanting to get a gg jacket but the price is high in the US. may look overseas as you did.
Ping G25 10.5
906F4 15.5 AD-DJ 7
TEE XCG7 Beta 19 Black Tie 7M3.1
MP-57 4-PW Project X 5.5
MP-T4 52/58
NP2 Notchback

#18 WJLIII

WJLIII

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93942
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the review, very informative.  I like the look of the jacket and will have to look at some for myself.  East coaster but play in most any weather.

#19 stuart11

stuart11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157571
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

Great gear. Love my galvin green waterproofs. Do need to shed couple pounds to make jacket fit better again.

#20 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:LH
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Excellent review!

Galvin Green waterproofs are the best you can get. I have the "Adam" jacket,the "Alf" trousers and a few windstoppers, and couldn't be happier. The lifetime waterproof guarantee is a bonus too.

The jackets do come up a little bit small to size, but I quite like that as I hate lots of material rustling around when swinging. The most important thing is that the shoulder and arm design has been very well engineered, so there's hardly any restriction at the top of the backswing even if the fit is a bit too snug across the chest. The trousers come up true to size, and there are LOTS of waist/length combinations, so there is a perfect size for everyone.

Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 naths

naths

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126106
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'v got an astor jacket as well, mines all black, i'v got the Alf trousers as well, brilliant gear, and very lightweight, being buying GG for years now, from shirts, shorts, sweaters everything, it lasts for ages, washes brilliant and always looks new....expensive, yes very!!!...but worth every pound!!!
SLDR 12
SLDR S 3HL
Mizuno EZ 3-Hybrid, JPX Fli Hi 4
Mizuno EZ 5-AW
TM TP wedges 56 & 60
Spider Blade 2

#22 Herbert1804

Herbert1804

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14257
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

I would love to see more consumer reviews like this! Nice work. Thanks for taking the time.

#23 Craglyboy

Craglyboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Just won one of these on eBay for a £100. It's looks so pale in the eBay listing but after seeing this thread it looks soo good, also picked up a paclite one for 50 I'm not patient enough for eBay haha.

#24 Guru of the greens

Guru of the greens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 230691
  • Ebay ID:Dolby1979
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Galvin green are by far the best waterproofs on the market. In the uk they retail new at 230 for a jacket and 160 for the trousers. Lifetime guarantee on the jacket and 2 years on the trousers. One piece of advice, when washing them don't use fabric softener just use your basic wash powder as it can affect their performance!!
They also do a great range of t-shirts and trousers but the price is starting to sneak up a bit now they are becoming more and more popular

#25 wholeinwon

wholeinwon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6852
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'd just like to add something coming from someone who has worked in a shop that's carried Galvin Green for a while.

They did used to fit small, European sizing, but when we did our preview for the 2013 line they altered their fits and now are more of an "American" sizing.

I wore a XL jacket and this year the L is bigger on me then my XL was last season.

Also in regards to the rain pants, if you find a retailer Galvin Green offers a "short" and a "long" option in their pants which I believe is +/- 2" from the standard length.

The entire suit is amazing and guaranteed for your entire lifetime on the waterproofing.

Great company to deal with and always fantastic colours!

Taylor Made Staff Player
PGA of Canada Class A Professional

#26 Guv280984

Guv280984

Guv280984

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120953
  • Handicap:5.5
  • Ebay ID:guv280984
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

View Postwholeinwon, on 02 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'd just like to add something coming from someone who has worked in a shop that's carried Galvin Green for a while.

They did used to fit small, European sizing, but when we did our preview for the 2013 line they altered their fits and now are more of an "American" sizing.

I wore a XL jacket and this year the L is bigger on me then my XL was last season.

Also in regards to the rain pants, if you find a retailer Galvin Green offers a "short" and a "long" option in their pants which I believe is +/- 2" from the standard length.

The entire suit is amazing and guaranteed for your entire lifetime on the waterproofing.

Great company to deal with and always fantastic colours!

Can I ask what sort of fitting the Curtis Tour Sweater is? I recall all their sweaters were very tight fitting...

Thanks

#27 jackn

jackn

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5586
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Once you have Galvin Green you won't look to another make of waterproof gear.  It is the best bar none!!  Worth every penny

J

#28 Craglyboy

Craglyboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Got mine today through the post, same as yours apart from a L. First of all I don't think pictures can do justice to ow nice this jacket looks, the colour is sensational, with regards to the fit its perfect for me around the body the arms are a bit long but the Velcro cuffs do there job well and incredibly comfortably. The jacket is incredibly light and is so easy to swing a club in normally I hate having to put any clothing on other than a shirt and jumper but it doesn't feel like your wearing another layer really it doesn't constrict at all.

The waterproof ness is uncanny I just stand there with my arm under a tap with mine and my girlfriends jaw dropping, which is a good thing because she wasn't too convinced when I said I had bought a £100 jacket haha.

Before owning one I couldn't comprehend spending this amount on a jacket but honestly if I could afford to buy new I would to support this brand they do a top notch job, they don't compromise on quality I mean just look at the zips they have like an additional seal to make the impermeable. Would definetly recommend to anyone!

#29 Green Valley

Green Valley

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106187
  • Ebay ID:tlaureto
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostMarkFromTheUK, on 28 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Excellent review!

Galvin Green waterproofs are the best you can get. I have the "Adam" jacket,the "Alf" trousers and a few windstoppers, and couldn't be happier. The lifetime waterproof guarantee is a bonus too.

The jackets do come up a little bit small to size, but I quite like that as I hate lots of material rustling around when swinging. The most important thing is that the shoulder and arm design has been very well engineered, so there's hardly any restriction at the top of the backswing even if the fit is a bit too snug across the chest. The trousers come up true to size, and there are LOTS of waist/length combinations, so there is a perfect size for everyone.

Does the "Adam" jacket keep you warm in 40 degree temperatures? How many different jackets are there? Thanks

#30 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:LH
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostGreen Valley, on 07 March 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

View PostMarkFromTheUK, on 28 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Excellent review!

Does the "Adam" jacket keep you warm in 40 degree temperatures? How many different jackets are there? Thanks

It is windproof, so will keep you warm that way, but it's not insulated... it's the same lining as the Astor model reviewed by TheMackDaddy.

There are LOTS of different jackets available... gore-tex, gore-tex paclite, full zip, half slip, short sleeve... http://www.galvingre...collection/all/

Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors