Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

rule regarding red hazard lines


32 replies to this topic

#31 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostNewby, on 23 February 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Attachment not in lwh.jpg

View Postrogolf, on 23 February 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNewby, on 23 February 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Note that the line itself is in the lateral water hazard. So a ball that is on the line but not touching the course side edge of the line is in the hazard.

Not sure that I understand this?  Just to clarify, if any part of the ball touches the line defining the lateral water hazard, the ball is in the lateral water hazard.  The ball may be 98% outside the line but if the other 2% touches the line, including the vertical plane above the ground, the ball is in the hazard.


Nice diagram.

Question though...

Let's say the yellow ball is in play, and the flag stick is 100 yards over the hazzard, which would be straight down if you're looking at the picture. Would one be able to sole his club directly behind the ball since that area of turf is NOT within the boundaries of the hazard?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 sui generis

sui generis

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132389
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:Asheville
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostKaTooM, on 26 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostNewby, on 23 February 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Attachment not in lwh.jpg

View Postrogolf, on 23 February 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostNewby, on 23 February 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Note that the line itself is in the lateral water hazard. So a ball that is on the line but not touching the course side edge of the line is in the hazard.

Not sure that I understand this?  Just to clarify, if any part of the ball touches the line defining the lateral water hazard, the ball is in the lateral water hazard.  The ball may be 98% outside the line but if the other 2% touches the line, including the vertical plane above the ground, the ball is in the hazard.


Nice diagram.

Question though...

Let's say the yellow ball is in play, and the flag stick is 100 yards over the hazzard, which would be straight down if you're looking at the picture. Would one be able to sole his club directly behind the ball since that area of turf is NOT within the boundaries of the hazard?

The prohibition on grounding your club is predicated on where the ball is. If the ball is in the hazard you may not ground the club in the hazard. If the ball is in the hazard you may ground the club outside the hazard. If the ball is not in the hazard you may ground the club irrespective of any marked hazard line.

Edited by sui generis, 26 February 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Fast Neat Average Friendly Good Good

#33 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Postsui generis, on 26 February 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:


The prohibition on grounding your club is predicated on where the ball is. If the ball is in the hazard you may not ground the club in the hazard. If the ball is in the hazard you may ground the club outside the hazard. If the ball is not in the hazard you may ground the club irrespective of any marked hazard line.

Ok...thanks for clearing it up!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors