Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway Razr Xtreme Opti Fit Weight Replacement

razr extreme optifit weight kit callaway razr fit callaway razr xhot

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Tomed

Tomed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101235
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hi. I've recently purchased the Razr Fit Xtreme. I tested lots of shafts and opted for the Aldila Trinity in X-stiff - very stable/good shaft. I'm scratch +. 118mph swing speed. Low round 64 (include this info so you at least know I'm not a total hack).

Anywho, I didn't think much about the weights that came with the driver and left it in stock - 13g heel, 1g toe. Yesterday, I played the honda classic pga tour pre-qualifier tournament (under stress). I saw some curvature that I wasn't expecting and hadn't seen prior to then. Today, I went and hit 168 balls and tracked each shot. I tested the same swing (as much as I could control) with all six (6) different configurations. 13g wt, 1g wt, open, closed, square.

I came to the final and ultimate conclusion that without a doubt, moving weights affects curvature first and foremost. Face angle adjustment is secondary to weight placement and mostly affects trajectory before curvature is altered.
E.g.
When I put the 13g in the heel and 1g in the toe I consistently hit shots that curved RtoL, regardless of whether face was open, square or closed.
When I put the 1g in the heel and 13g in the toe I consistently hit shots that curved LtoR, regardless of whether face was open, square or closed.

(Now, if you're a slicer, I suggest getting all the weight you can into the heel and close the face... But, if you're like me, you like to control curvature by your own manipulation.)

I think the "baked in curvature" Callaway is providing the general population is not good. They're thinking everyone either wants to hook or fade. They're not thinking that people would like to have a club that is neutral. So a RtoL biased setup has a possibility of turning into a RtoL hook, and vice versa.

Anywho, I wanted to even out the weight so there's 7g in heel and 7g in toe that in theory produces a club that has both toe and heel evenly matched in weight and a rotation that matches a neutral clubhead. So, I looked into the 'opti fit weight kit.' $49 at callaway.com. Are you kidding me??? That's robbery... and it doesn't give you the weight combo that makes sense... So, I went to Lowes and bought my own weight kit for $.92 (ninety two cents). It doesn't have the pretty look, but who cares (see pix)?

I got two 6 millimeter screws x 1" (one inch). I then wrapped the threads with plumber's tape and put each into place with a screw driver. Voila. Went back to range and hit bomb after bomb with very minimal curvature. When I wanted to hit a baby draw, I would close face a millimeter. When I wanted to hit a hook, I would close face a bunch. When I wanted to hit a baby fade, I setup a touch open with a weak right hand. When I wanted to hit a huge fade, I setup more open and weakened both hands. When I wanted to hit it as hard as I could, I squared the face and just ripped it and the curvature NEVER surprised me - EVER. I think this is a winner.

See attached photos.

IMAG0308.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg
IMAG0306.jpg
IMAG0305.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 croach15

croach15

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18571
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Interesting solution.  I cut down the shaft on my RazrFit to 44.5 and tried a different approach.  I found some washers at my local hardware store that put into the 2G to get the swingweight back where it had been (D6) and to more evenly balance out the weights in each side.  Did you have trouble identifying the weight of the screws?  My hardware store didn't have a gram scale (and neither do I) so I bought a bunch and added washers until I got back to D6 (I do have a swingweight scale).

#3 Tomed

Tomed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postcroach15, on 23 February 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Interesting solution.  I cut down the shaft on my RazrFit to 44.5 and tried a different approach.  I found some washers at my local hardware store that put into the 2G to get the swingweight back where it had been (D6) and to more evenly balance out the weights in each side.  Did you have trouble identifying the weight of the screws?  My hardware store didn't have a gram scale (and neither do I) so I bought a bunch and added washers until I got back to D6 (I do have a swingweight scale).

I'm not concerned with exact weight to that degree. I held the screws in one hand bouncing then gently, while doing the same with the two Callaway weights (13g, 1g). They felt roughly similar. The screws may be lighter by a few grams.

The things that irk me about this
a) Callaway didn't include additional weights with this $400 driver
b) Callaway's cost for the weight kit is probably less than a dollar and they are charging $49 for four "pretty" screws
c) Callaway is selling this driver as "draw" or "neutral" when you can't get it neutral out of the box

Edited by Tomed, 23 February 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#4 J13

J13

@jminis13

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,623 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1403

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I agree with the price of the opti fit weights being too high, I also think with the Xtreme a weight kit should be included.  That would be a great buy and push some people over the top who were on the fence about purchasing a fully adjustable driver.    

With that said interesting solution there.
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#5 DaveMac

DaveMac

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27975
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I made a similar discovery about the original Razr Fit. IMO the adjustability is more flight correction rather than flight optimisation. I was somewhat surprised that the extreme released without the double cog shaft adaptor and the weight kit, especially since the primary customer base is the better player.
By the way innovative as your solution is, I think your need is modest enough to warrant a jiffy bag from Callaway with two free weights in it!

#6 czastrow

czastrow

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I wish they came with a weight kit. I like more weight in the toe, but when I cut it down, I will also have swingweight to figure out too (where to put the lead tape and how much where). Other than these gripes, I really like this driver.
G25 8.5
RFX 3 & 7
Macgregor Custom CB5
Tp Mills, lajosi

#7 Tomed

Tomed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostDaveMac, on 23 February 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

I made a similar discovery about the original Razr Fit. IMO the adjustability is more flight correction rather than flight optimisation. I was somewhat surprised that the extreme released without the double cog shaft adaptor and the weight kit, especially since the primary customer base is the better player.
By the way innovative as your solution is, I think your need is modest enough to warrant a jiffy bag from Callaway with two free weights in it!
It's been several days, and at least 350 tracked shots since I wrote the original post. I had to modify the setup just a touch because when I hit a fade, it would occassionally fade more than I expected. I went back to Lowes and bought two $.14 (fourteen cents) zinc washers that are probably a single gram each. I put the two washers under the screw which is in the heel. WITHOUT the washers in the "Open" face position the ball faded consistently by 10-15 yards. Very consistent. Occassionally, it would fade more than 15yards, but never much more. WITH the washers and the face position in "Open" the ball fades consistently with a slight fall off. Very consistent. The biggest fade I've seen has been about 8yards with the washers. I'm really enjoying this setup. I'm scheduled to play the "Tampa Open" fka Transistions pre-qualifer next week. I'll post an update once that competitive round is complete.

#8 studatnu

studatnu

Tour Winner

• 966 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 938
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

would you be able to play in a tournament with those screws and washers installed??
Callaway RFX 10.5* & 16.5* w/ Fubuki
TM UDI 18* & 20*
TM MC TP 4-9 w/ Aerotech i125
TM XFT 48*, 52* & 56*
TM Spider 14gx14g @ 33"
TM Lethal

#9 J13

J13

@jminis13

• 9,623 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1403

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Post back look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#10 Tomed

Tomed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

View Poststudatnu, on 26 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

would you be able to play in a tournament with those screws and washers installed??
yes. the way the rules work, a club cannot be altered during competition. so, how the club is brought in is the way the club must remain - no alterations. no different than phil slapping a bunch of lead tape on his driver. he can't add or subtract the tape during competition otherwise he'd break the rules and be DQ'd.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 apprenti23

apprenti23

Major Winner

• 1,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40702
  • Ebay ID:tourpro15
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

How do you spend $400 on a club you'll hit 14 times in one round of golf and scoff at spending an edition all $50 to make it perfect?

#12 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

#CallaWRX2

• 2,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
GolfWRX Likes : 607

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I would have atleast used Torx 25 screws. This way you can use the same tool that comes with the RFX and not have to carry an additional screw driver.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9.0
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

#13 Tomed

Tomed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postapprenti23, on 27 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

How do you spend $400 on a club you'll hit 14 times in one round of golf and scoff at spending an edition all $50 to make it perfect?

Good point. Honestly, that's a really good point. When taken simply, it seems to make perfect sense. I mean, why not just spend $50 extra and "make it perfect." But, once I learned the price of the "kit" I never thought about spending the "extra" $50 because it's the point of it all. I just plunked down $400 and it's not a complete solution. It's a hook or a fade driver. I want a neutral setup period. I think it's ridiculous Callaway expects a player to go through more hassle to "make it perfect." How I have it now is pretty solid. Look at it another way... the weight kit price is $50 retail. the weight kit cost to callaway is probably $1 or $2. that mark up is insane. ok, so we probably have a similar mark up with the driver itself, where the retail is $400 and their cost is $10. I understand they have a business to run, people to pay, marketing, etc., but it just ticks me off that they don't provide a complete package.

I think if they provided a weight kit in the package, it'd make people a lot happier.

#14 apprenti23

apprenti23

Major Winner

• 1,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40702
  • Ebay ID:tourpro15
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Mostly the frugal ones... No company has included the full weight kits with the driver, ever- since the r7 came out. Half the people wouldn't know what to do with the, nor would it matter anyway.

Prices are what they are- unless you know the cold hard facts I wouldn't assume that a driver costs ten bucks to make- thats just ridiculous.

Since you're so handy why dont you make your own rfe? If you or I wanted to make that same driver, my guess is our cost would be in the thousands if not tens of thousands.  It sure is a lot of equipment I don't have.

Edited by apprenti23, 03 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#15 Joeypole

Joeypole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19986
  • Ebay ID:Joeypole
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

SuperDeep and Razr Fit TA came with weight kits.  But they were priced higher.

TM wants $6-9 a weight, so Cally is not pricing themselves any differently.

#16 texcrom

texcrom

Major Winner

• 2,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1800
  • Ebay ID:texsuserid
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Maybe you make it through the qualifier, in which case you can hit the Callaway Tour Van and have them customize the club for you with the proper materials.
Taylor Made SLDR 430 TP 10.5
Taylor Made SLDR TS 14 degree
Taylor Made TP #2 UDI 18 degree stiff
Taylor Made TP MC 3-PW KBS Tour stiff
Taylor Made TP Wedges 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura X DB

#17 JackL

JackL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 241523

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

I just went to my local Home Depot to get the same items for my new Razr Fit Extreme.  I used my wife's gram scale and the screws are 3.5 grams each and the washers are 1 gram each.  1 screw + 3 washers = 6.5 grams on each side.  As close to neutral as you can get and keeping the D4 swingweight

#18 Dscvrr St Louis

Dscvrr St Louis

#CALLAWRX 12/12/12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105250
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 514

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

The TA Weight Kit with a 4.6.8.and 10 gram weight is $35.99 on GolfWorks.com

just saying.  When I ordered my RFE with the Kiyoshi White, it was a D7 swingweight with the 13 and 1 gram.  I needed to put the 4 in the toe and 6 in the heel to get to down to D4...love it now.
Big Bertha Alpha, Veylix Rome Wildeye
Big Bertha 15&18 Motore Speeder 8.1x
Apex UT 18*, Ctaper Lite 115X
Apex 4,5/Apex Pro 6-G Ctaper S+
Odyssey Versa #6 & MXM #6
Callaway MD2 52,54,58 Ctaper S+

#19 atlambert2

atlambert2

Advanced

• 326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221057
  • Handicap:~12
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

I put a washer (2.25 grams each) under each one of the standard weights (12 heel) in my RF after I took an inch off the shaft. Feels much better, don't notice a thing, and the higher swingweight helped my swing and get some RPMS of my crazy high back spin. Win win
Titliest 913D3 9.5*, Diamana D+ 72s
Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5* Diamana D+ 82s
RBZ T.I. Proto Head 19* Diamana D+ 82s
909h 21* Diamana D+ 92Hy, 712 AP2 5-PW
MackDaddy 2 Tour Grind 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Protype #3, HEX Chrome+/ProV1x

#20 enterthedraven

enterthedraven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 241933

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum (and WRX in general)... I'm a 5 handicapp with SS of 115.  I use the Razr Fit Driver with a V2 Proforce X flex 77g shaft.  Love the club, and the shaft with the super low torque (2.1).  Only issue is that I am thinking about changing the optifit weights as I have trouble turning the club over right now.  I tend to fade this set up from the 'neutral' setting, and I really don't want to close the face.  I tried switching the 12g and 2g weights but it lead to a bit of a pull.  I thought about getting the weight kit and going with more of a 8g and 6g weight, instead of the 12 and 2g?  Any thoughts on what a truly neutral setting would be?  Do you think this evening out the weights would straighten out my ball flight? Thanks!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 bulls9999

bulls9999

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73827
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Just curious, I was thinking of doing the same thing.  I have been looking at some prices of RFE's and they have come down a lot, but was looking at the Optiforce and seen forum statements that it is a lower weighted driver than the RFE.  Then I started thinking that if you removed the weights and replaced them with minimal weights, or better, simply with light weight screws that filled the holes, would that reduce the weight of the RFE where it comes down far enough to be similar to the Optiforce?

Anyone have specs on head weight of the RFE vs. Optiforce vs. X2 Hot?

#22 jmilt13

jmilt13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200765
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

I'm also going to give the RFE a whack, they're practically giving them away now. I'm in the same boat with weight. I've found 192 to 195 gram heads. I think the adapter is 9-10g. So total head weight is around 201-205 with the standard 13g and 1g weights. That leaves the door open to get head weight lower for heavier shafts/long builds while keeping swingweight wherever I want it. I don't know how it compares to the newer callys, but seems pretty versatile...
VR Tour, and a carousel of contenders
910fd 3W
Covert Tour 5W
910H 19, JPX PRO 4-9
SC Pro Platinum Newport 2
588 48, 52. VR 58

#23 Bogeyman82

Bogeyman82

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32253
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

I was just fitted into an RFE with the Matrix Black Tie shaft.  I love it.  I generally haven't been a huge fan of Callaway drivers, but I love the way this sets up.  Compact head, low launch, low spin.  I find it to be reasonably forgiving as well.  I know it didn't sell very well, but this is a solid club IMHO, and definitely worth a look.

#24 bulls9999

bulls9999

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Exactly....I found out that the Optiforce 440 head = 195.9 gms and the 460 head = 192 gms (but I'm not sure if that takes into account the adapter?); since they're supposed to be lighter than the RFE, I suppose the RFE is 200+ gms? (anyone have figures on that?). I just picked up an RFE off Ebay for $70 and I am figuring that lowering the removable weights (13- and 1-gm standard....which is a draw bias) should be able to bring the head weight down to the area of the Optiforce.  I think I'll try that and compare swing speed,  +/- weighting.  I'm probably going to cut down the shaft as I've been toying with 44.5-inch as being ideal for me instead of now standard 46-inch.

jmilt13, on 26 May 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'm also going to give the RFE a whack, they're practically giving them away now. I'm in the same boat with weight. I've found 192 to 195 gram heads. I think the adapter is 9-10g. So total head weight is around 201-205 with the standard 13g and 1g weights. That leaves the door open to get head weight lower for heavier shafts/long builds while keeping swingweight wherever I want it. I don't know how it compares to the newer callys, but seems pretty versatile...

Edited by bulls9999, 29 May 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#25 HandsomeMatt

HandsomeMatt

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288375
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Removed all weights and extended Black Tie shaft by about an 1.5", face usually closed position but have played open with it too.

Classic Custom XL w/ Black Tie 9*
RazrFitXtreme w/BlackTie 15*
Adams Idea Pro VST17*
RazrXForged 8-PW,MP-57 3-6
Cleveland Designed by w/Headspeed shaft
CG16 48*/CG14 54*/Adams Watson 60*

#26 bulls9999

bulls9999

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Just got an email back from Callaway regarding what are the club head weights of these various drivers:
  • Razr Fit Xtreme -   194g
  • FT Optiforce 440 - 187g
  • X Hot Pro -    187g
Now I'm not sure if they are including the screw weights for the RFE?...or the adapters too

Edited by bulls9999, 29 May 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#27 NevadaGolfGuy

NevadaGolfGuy

The Wedge Guy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126578
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

I payed $95 for my RFE from cally preowned with the black tie 70g stiff in 9,5*

I see nearly know curvature change with the different face angle settings, as a matter of fact I noticed that closed looks closed...square looks square...but open looks square as well. The face angle does more to change my trajectory then anything and there is definately a noticeable difference in that department. As for the weighting, heavy heel seems to definately be draw biased but heavy toe seems very neutral to me. Maybe I got lucky and got a "good" head or something but it seems to function pretty well as advertised.

Small side note, tested my RFE against both berthas and the both x2hots with a wide variety of shafts and the alpha I would say matches or comes in a close second but nothing was beating my RFE on the LM.

Edited by NevadaGolfGuy, 30 May 2014 - 12:01 AM.

Callaway RFE 9.5 Black Tie 7M3 Stiff
Macgregor VIP 4 wood
Cobra Baffler T-Rail+ 3H
Maltby DBM 4-PW / S300
Scratch 50 , Nike 56
Yes! Sandy 12

#28 bogeybirdiebogeybirdie

bogeybirdiebogeybirdie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320647
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Tomed, on 23 February 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

croach15, on 23 February 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

I'm not concerned with exact weight to that degree. I held the screws in one hand bouncing then gently, while doing the same with the two Callaway weights (13g, 1g). They felt roughly similar. The screws may be lighter by a few grams.

The things that irk me about this
a) Callaway didn't include additional weights with this $400 driver
b) Callaway's cost for the weight kit is probably less than a dollar and they are charging $49 for four "pretty" screws
c) Callaway is selling this driver as "draw" or "neutral" when you can't get it neutral out of the box

This is an older post, but I will put in a comment. If you just read the info that comes with the driver (yes I have this driver) Neutral is with the heavier weight in the toe and set at 9.5 deg. (on the lower traj. model). This makes sense if you look at the head and realize that it is not evenly shaped all the way around therefore the weight is not evenly distributed. This is also obvious if you look at the driver face on, and you can tell that the sweet spot is actually positioned closer to the heel, and it appears that more mass is towards the heel, hence it takes the heavier weight in the toe to make this driver "neutral". Also if you don't want to pay for additional screws, good old fashioned lead tape has worked for many years. Thanks.
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5 Deg.
Adams Speedline Super S VST 15 Deg.
Nike VRS 18 Deg.
Titleist 704 CB (4-PW)
Cleveland Classic 5 Bronze, SS Slim 3.0
Vokey 52, 56, 60 Deg.

#29 bulls9999

bulls9999

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Ever since getting my RFE and finding out that the 'lighter' Optiforce can be emulated by eliminating the heavy weight at heel, I didn't feel compelled to go after the Optiforce and felt you can eliminate the heavy weight on the RFE and get the 'lighter head' effect.  I think RFE default is 13-gram heel & 3-gram toe?, I purchased a 1-gm off Ebay and tried 3-gm heel & 1-gram toe...was OK, but I preferred the heavier feel and switched back to default.

Anyway, been hitting it great since I got my RFE, to the point I will be selling my 5 other Callaway drivers... FT-5 (x2), FT-9, & FT .... well, maybe keeping my Razr Black as a backup.

Loving the RFE.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors