Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Car accident- snapped driver

30 replies to this topic

#1 CannonAtShort23

CannonAtShort23

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124420
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

My buddy got rear ended with his clubs in his trunk and his driver snapped. He still plays the R11. Is there anything he can do like call TMAG?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 ronstars

ronstars

#GetNaked

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98452
GolfWRX Likes : 328

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Kind of like saying, "I let my friend hit my new R1 for one drive and he put a huge pop up mark right on the crown and jacked up the topline...can I call TMAG for a replacement?" J/K

Seriously don't think calling TMAG will do you any good unless you want to get laughed at pretty hard. Only real option might be to let his insurance know that the car wasn't the only thing damaged, and they might be able to score him a new driver if that sort of thing is covered. And since it wasn't his fault(assumption) then I don't see why he wouldn't...
R1 V2 10.3* Txxxx AD DI6X
RBZ Proto 12.8* Txxxx AD DI7 black
R11 18.3* Txxxx Fubuki AX 85
2014 TP MC 4-PW TIX100
Mackdaddy 2 52S,56S,60C
Newport 2/Betti BB8 Proto

#3 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 1957

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Nothin like getting rear ended with junk in the trunk.

#HEYO!

#4 CannonAtShort23

CannonAtShort23

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124420
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Thanks ronstars. Thrillhouse you never dissapoint. I geeked

#5 MountainKing

MountainKing

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199340
  • Ebay ID:blackhawks1979
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Isn't this what insurance is for?

#6 PabloCruz

PabloCruz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24425
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostMountainKing, on 20 February 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Rear-ended sounds like his 3 wood and putter got damaged too...or for that matter, probably his irons...just kidding.

I agree that should be covered by car insurance.

#7 esketores

esketores

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120324
  • Ebay ID:Hbarrel
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Curiosity makes me ask... why would there even be any consideration about "calling Taylor Made". This is a warranty issue?
Or is it; Taylor Made is a big company and well put the onus on them.

Call the insurance company.
PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17 / 910h 24 & 27
Titleist 913Hd 20
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Queen B Model 3 putter
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56

#8 chiguy

chiguy

CALLAWRX2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125729
GolfWRX Likes : 211

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I wouldn't bother calling TMAG. They have no obligation to replace a club that's been broken due to an auto accident. This is something that should be handled through the insurance company. No need to try and take advantage of TMAG.
I mean, I like golf balls
but not that much.

#9 Willie Malay

Willie Malay

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183598
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Wow. How about this novel idea............ having the person at fault pay? Well, he could have been rear ended by a TMAG rep...
Our country is doomed by this "Walmart mentality". It's the business that sold it to me's fault. Huh?
Go to a local retailer and buy a shaft and have it put in and bill it to the insurance company or the person at fault. Even getting a new driver out of the deal is not really fair to anyone in this scenario if the head isn't damaged. That club is now 2 models old.

Edited by Willie Malay, 20 February 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#10 Jacoby

Jacoby

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8484
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'm with Willie on this one.  Purchase a new shaft and adapter, and then bill the person responsible.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 tocino

tocino

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Your insurance should cover the cost of the driver. I know i'd claim it if it happened to me.
To be honest though, I've called TMAG customer support before on an out of warranty driver issue (brother borrowed my original SF for the range and brought it back with something rattling around in there). They actually sent me a new driver and told me to ship the old one back in the box!  I'll always be a taylormade fan because of their customer support (unfortunately, my club ho tendancies prevents me from carrying an all TM bag...)
Titleist 910D2 10.5* 'ahina XS
Titleist 910F 15* Matrix Radix HD7 XS
Titleist 910H 21* Ahina 90HB S
Titleist 710 AP1/AP2 4-PW S300
Vokey SM4 50*12, 54*11, SM2 60*04 S200
SC Studio Select Laguna 2, SS 1.0 Grip

#12 agray94

agray94

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223869
  • Ebay ID:agray94
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Actually if he was rear ended, their insurance should cover it.

#13 SPIF

SPIF

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96063
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postesketores, on 20 February 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Curiosity makes me ask... why would there even be any consideration about "calling Taylor Made". This is a warranty issue?
Or is it; Taylor Made is a big company and well put the onus on them.

Call the insurance company.

Sadly, that seems to be a standard thought process anymore.

#14 DickieThon

DickieThon

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193254
  • Ebay ID:Templeowls555
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lawyer's answer: if it's a car accident that isn't a club warranty issue, it's either auto insurance or homeowner's insurance. Report it to them, get $ from them to replace the club.

#15 TripleGrindSole

TripleGrindSole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151201
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

View Posttocino, on 20 February 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Your insurance should cover the cost of the driver. I know i'd claim it if it happened to me.
To be honest though, I've called TMAG customer support before on an out of warranty driver issue (brother borrowed my original SF for the range and brought it back with something rattling around in there). They actually sent me a new driver and told me to ship the old one back in the box!  I'll always be a taylormade fan because of their customer support (unfortunately, my club ho tendancies prevents me from carrying an all TM bag...)

I just had an experience where a car was stolen with some of my clubs in it and the insurance wouldn't cover ANYTHING on the inside (Clubs, Baby Seat, Visa+Cash etc etc etc)  Full Coverage on Progressive. They laughed when I assumed that my stuff on the inside would be covered. Is this the norm?

Sorry to thread jack.

Edited by TripleGrindSole, 21 February 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#16 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
GolfWRX Likes : 325

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Actually I'll take a bit of a different route.  I believe "your friend" should be covered under his homeowners or renters policy.  I know I just read mine recently and my personal possessions are covered if they are broken or damaged in transit from home to somewhere or somewhere to home, as long as it was an accident and not neglect.  This sounds like the case to me.
OptiForce 10.5* Diamana 62+ R
OptiForce 15* Diamana 62+ R
19 and 23 XHot Hybrid PXI 5.5
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
MD2 58-C 14 degree Hopkins 52 Custom
Versa No. 7

#17 amateur pro

amateur pro

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93436
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Yes, Progressive was correct in telling you that (although laughing at their customer is a bit rude...).  No auto insurance in the u.s. covers contents. Any personal belongings ( i.e. Contents) like the items you mentioned are covered under your homeowner or renters insurance and subject to that policy's deductible (which is typically 1% of the dwelling value of your home).

View PostTripleGrindSole, on 21 February 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

I just had an experience where a car was stolen with some of my clubs in it and the insurance wouldn't cover ANYTHING on the inside (Clubs, Baby Seat, Visa+Cash etc etc etc)  Full Coverage on Progressive. They laughed when I assumed that my stuff on the inside would be covered. Is this the norm?

Sorry to thread jack.

#18 TripleGrindSole

TripleGrindSole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

View Postamateur pro, on 21 February 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Yes, Progressive was correct in telling you that (although laughing at their customer is a bit rude...).  No auto insurance in the u.s. covers contents. Any personal belongings ( i.e. Contents) like the items you mentioned are covered under your homeowner or renters insurance and subject to that policy's deductible (which is typically 1% of the dwelling value of your home).

Sorry to thread jack.

I appreciate your input. Definitely a lesson learned. Didn't have any renters so I am screwed.

#19 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostTripleGrindSole, on 21 February 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

View Postamateur pro, on 21 February 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Sorry to thread jack.

I appreciate your input. Definitely a lesson learned. Didn't have any renters so I am screwed.
Do yourself a huge favor. Get Renters insurance.  It's not expensive a good company you can get about $25,000 of contents coverage for less than $200 per year, depending on the type of building and location obviously.
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#20 TripleGrindSole

TripleGrindSole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

You are 100% right. A dumb move on my part, especially for how cheap it is. A lesson learned without a doubt.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• 8,635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
GolfWRX Likes : 542

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Sounds like just the shaft is broken. If so, and its a stock shaft, should be able to find one cheap.

#22 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• 5,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1480

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostPabloCruz, on 20 February 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

View PostMountainKing, on 20 February 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Rear-ended sounds like his 3 wood and putter got damaged too...or for that matter, probably his irons...just kidding.

I agree that should be covered by car insurance.
Yea his over seas exotic clubs are hard to replace ;)

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

#23 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
  • Handicap:9ish
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Sorry to thread jack.

Car insurance covers damage to the car, not theft of the stuff inside.  Homeowners or renters insurance covers your stuff, whether its in your home or apartment, or elsewhere.  It's one of the reasons that as a golfer, YOU SHOULD HAVE RENTER'S INSURANCE!.  Your sticks are expensive, and if they're stolen from the golf club, your car, etc, renter's insurance will help replace them.  Granted, there's still a deductible, but for a lot of us, it would take easily 4 figures to replace your bag, irons, woods and putter.  Even with a $200 deductible, it's well worth the $100ish a year that renter's insurance costs.  I take pictures of my bag and everything in it at the beginning of every season, just so I have proof of what's there in the case of something being stolen.  Years ago I had a golf bag and clubs stolen off my enclosed porch, (by my paperboy, I know it but can't prove it) and the homeowners claim was pretty simple, but they were big on me being able to prove what was there.  It's also a good idea to do a video walkthrough of your home once a year just in case of a fire or natural disaster.  With the video, it's very easy to show the insurance company what you lost.  

/end psa

In this specific case, the guy who rear ended the car's insurance may very well cover the cost of the broken items in the trunk.  Absolutely worth checking on.
Blue Biocell, Aldila NV
Jetspeed 3 wood
Mizzy JPX800 pros, x100 shafts
Mizzy JPX 54/58
Futura X

#24 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

Hall of Fame

• 7,702 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

GrayMulligan. Excellent advice on the pictures/video of the personal contents. We do that every January--when our policy renews-and to make sure we document any new items we may purchased at Christmas.

Now if we clubho's document our bags every time we get something new, that could create more trouble at home than the insurance money is worth.   Ha Ha
5-PW XHot PX 5.5
Versa No. 7

#25 jayfaro

jayfaro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203423
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

As an insurance agent in MA, i completely agree that the at fault party is responsible for replacing the driver under the Property Damage part of their policy. Auto policy wont cover personal affects unless they are permanently attached to the vehicle (radio/CD etc) Even if the OP had renters, it probably wouldnt make that much of a difference...$500 deductible vs a $400-$500 Driver is negligle. Wouldnt make sense in filing a claim...i would tell your buddy to contact whoever he was dealing with (either his agent, his own carrier, or the at fault party's carrier) ASAP and tell them in addition to the vehicle, a driver in the trunk was destroyed as a result of the at fault party's negilgence...and needs to be replaced at $xxx.xx replacement value...any questions, feel free to PM me.

Jay

#26 Johnny4379

Johnny4379

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97333
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

To my man with progressive, your first move is to drop them.
Rule of thumb- cheap insurance = horrible coverage.
If you see them on TV every 5 min, it's Bc they are trying to replace policyholders they have lost from being unhappy about their claim.

To the OP, if dude who hit you has insurance, they will owe you for property damage, the car and personal property damaged in the loss.
They will handle personal property on a reimbursement basis, but you can go directly thru them for the damage to your car and save yourself the deductible and subrogation

#27 horty1388

horty1388

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126433
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Sorry to thread jack.

I have aaa and when my brothers car got broken in to he had to pay our deductible (500$) to get his stuff replaced

#28 coach_harris1

coach_harris1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88965
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Why would you even think TMAG would be responsible for replacement.  And we wonder why equipment prices are so high these days.

#29 Sidetracked

Sidetracked

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137827
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

If I remember correctly, when I totaled my car a few years ago, State Farm covered everything on the inside like my iPhone.
Always Under Construction
Raw Vokey Wedges 50, 55, 60
Squareback with Welded Neck

#30 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13233
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Getting rear-ended might involve TBAG, not TMAG.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors