Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Replacement Cleats/Spikes - Adizero

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Walkin36

Walkin36

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122104
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

I just purchased a pair of these and lost a spike after only 9 holes. I found this thread while searching for replacements (which are hard to find!). I decided to call Adidas and they are sending me "a handful" at no charge to me. I am going to tighten all of them and keep a close watch for losing any. If it continues I will be looking to exchange them for a different model.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 DLiver

DLiver

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55921
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I also found this thread after a search. My two new pairs of Adizeros have been throwing spikes every time out. My club has a jar full of replacements but a $170 pair of shoes shouldn't need new spikes after every round/practice session. My pro was shocked when I showed him that I could install and remove spikes with my hand. He will be talking to our rep about this.

#63 Sawgrass

Sawgrass

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83736
GolfWRX Likes : 1075

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

If I recall properly, you should "tighten" Adizero spikes by having them "click" three times in your clockwise rotation.   Not "tighten" them in the conventional sense, which may in fact disrupt the adherence.

#64 Oldnavycdr

Oldnavycdr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46324
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thought I would bump this thread to see if those who purchased the Adizero later in the year are finding this problem.  I got a pair for Christmas and have worn them once without issue.  I am curious if TMAG is still standing behind the statement that they fixed these in later runs.

#65 Sawgrass

Sawgrass

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83736
GolfWRX Likes : 1075

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostOldnavycdr, on 05 February 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Thought I would bump this thread to see if those who purchased the Adizero later in the year are finding this problem.  I got a pair for Christmas and have worn them once without issue.  I am curious if TMAG is still standing behind the statement that they fixed these in later runs.

I am curious about your saying that TMAG acknowledged a problem.  Can you direct me to this "statement?"  Thanks.

For the record, I had one of the earliest pair (January, 2013) , and after losing one spike which I believe was a caused by me, I didn't have another problem for all of 2013.

#66 KMeloney

KMeloney

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostSawgrass, on 05 February 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I am curious about your saying that TMAG acknowledged a problem.  Can you direct me to this "statement?"  Thanks.

For the record, I had one of the earliest pair (January, 2013) , and after losing one spike which I believe was a caused by me, I didn't have another problem for all of 2013.

Not sure if TMAG made a statement per se, but I've seen here where folks have reported that a TMAG rep told them that they were addressing/had addressed the issue. I don't think there was an official announcement or anything.

I, too, lost a spike in my second or third wearing of one pair early last year, and that's been it (knock on wood). I have 4 pairs in total that I wear pretty evenly.

#67 Oldnavycdr

Oldnavycdr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46324
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

View Postjastac, on 30 May 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

All, I spoke to TMAg customer service this evening By Phone. I told them I was having issues w spike retention in the new adizero and they freely admitted they have had defects in their early run of that shoe, but have since corrected the problem. They said to go to any authorized TMAg dealer (regardless where you purchased them) and have them arrange to return the shoes for an exchange or refund.

General Customer Service
1-866-530-8624
M-F 7am - 4pm PST

I was referring to this post on the second page.  I put in round #2 in these with no loss of spike.  I did, however pick up every leaf or piece thereof that I even walked near.  And they stay there until you pull them off.

#68 chooks

chooks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8544
  • Ebay ID:chookoogolf
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

I have worn mines for approx a year now and have yet to lose a cleat

#69 putts4bogey

putts4bogey

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

I've had mine almost a year.  They are in the rotation with other shoes so I don't wear them every round, but have worn them for approximately 25 rounds.  No lost spikes yet.  The shoes still squeak a bit when I walk, but the spikes haven't been an issue and they are light and comfortable.

#70 Jeckert07

Jeckert07

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 289263
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Had a strange thing happen with my Adizero's last weekend...the two outer spikes on my right foot (I'm a lefty) ripped off.  They didn't spin out like everyone has complained about, but instead the top part of the cleat (colored part) ripped off the threading leaving a huge problem since I can't get the threading out now.  Going to bring them back to the store I bought them from and trade them for down thing else.  Too bad, I really liked the shoes before this...

Titleist 913 D2 w/ Diamana D+72 White
Taylormade R7 CGB Max 5-Wood
Taylormade TP 3-Hybrid w/ Aldila RIP S
Titleist 714 AP2 (4-AW) w/ Modus 3 120S
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedges (56 and 60)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 pingading

pingading

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 294169
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

I bought my Adizero's around christmas time and have worn them about 3 rounds and haven't lost a spike yet.  I've got a set of softspikes stealth on the way.  They are a lower profile spike.  Anyone tried them? or maybe I a newer version of the shoe.
Ping G25 10.5
Ping G10 4 wood G5 7 wood
Ping i20 4 - PW green dot
Ping Tour S 50,54,58
Titleist Pro V1
Odyssey Versa

#72 Golfwolf

Golfwolf

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2884
  • Handicap:13.7
  • Ebay ID:lonewolf8074
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

View Postpingading, on 13 February 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

I bought my Adizero's around christmas time and have worn them about 3 rounds and haven't lost a spike yet.  I've got a set of softspikes stealth on the way.  They are a lower profile spike.  Anyone tried them? or maybe I a newer version of the shoe.

I bought a package of SoftSpike Stealths in September, replaced all the stock spikes that came with my AdiZeros. They lock into the bottom of the shoe better than the originals, you will like them.
Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
TaylorMade SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 5 hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 4-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54/58
Odyssey Tank #1, Puma Biofusion shoes

#73 putts4bogey

putts4bogey

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

With the significant price drop on these shoes, I'm very tempted to pick up another pair or two.  As Sawgrass mentioned, give the spikes an extra turn or two before putting into play, and they seem to be fine (so far).

#74 gopherguts

gopherguts

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157681
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostSawgrass, on 26 October 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

If I recall properly, you should "tighten" Adizero spikes by having them "click" three times in your clockwise rotation.   Not "tighten" them in the conventional sense, which may in fact disrupt the adherence.

View Postputts4bogey, on 14 February 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

With the significant price drop on these shoes, I'm very tempted to pick up another pair or two.  As Sawgrass mentioned, give the spikes an extra turn or two before putting into play, and they seem to be fine (so far).
No, Sawgrass did NOT say that.

These spikes turn and "snap" in, they do NOT "screw" in.

Once they are snapped in correctly you can NOT "tighten" them.

Any further turning/tightening will actually be loosening the shoes hold on the spike

#75 putts4bogey

putts4bogey

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

View Postgopherguts, on 05 March 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Any further turning/tightening will actually be loosening the shoes hold on the spike

In other words, make sure they are not loose, which is sometimes the case with the spikes in a new shoe.  Apparently it works.  Over a year, playing on average twice per week, year 'round season here, no lost spikes.

#76 gopherguts

gopherguts

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157681
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Postputts4bogey, on 06 March 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

View Postgopherguts, on 05 March 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

In other words, make sure they are not loose, which is sometimes the case with the spikes in a new shoe.  Apparently it works.  Over a year, playing on average twice per week, year 'round season here, no lost spikes.

Not with these.

These should be "perfect" right out of the box.

Reason is, they are either in right, in which case there's no problem, or they're not. IF they're not, you can't "tighten" them because you wouldn't know exactly how much to turn them to get them seated properly. You're only choice is to take them out and re-install. I don't see Adidas causing that kind of inconvenience.

I have my first pair and have about a dozen rounds on them. No problems UNTIL, in a mild fit of anger, I swiped at my right toe with my Odyssey #7 and got the "prongs" under the toe and accidentally knocked out a spike.

I saw it on the ground and before the next hole tried to insert it and turn it by hand. I got a "snap" and figured it was locked. Nope, came out either later that round or early the next.

The are 2 sets of 3 "prongs" 180* from each other. Setg the spike in properly and turn it 90* and 2 "snaps". That gets the spike properly seated. No doubt, when I re-installed by hand, I only heard the 1 snap - so it eventually worked itself out again and this time I didn't notice it.

So I bought a set of replacement spikes. After inserting it "properly" you turn the spike 90*. It clicks TWICE and it's snapped in properly. Obviously my hand-turning of the spike wasn't good enough.

As "putts4" mentioned the closeout price is as low as $70. I think I'm buying myself another pair as well. Used to be a FJ Contour only guy but I really like these lightweight shoes.

#77 jor17

jor17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129937
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Anyone know where I can buy the yellow Adizero spikes?

#78 KMeloney

KMeloney

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

View Postjor17, on 16 April 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Anyone know where I can buy the yellow Adizero spikes?

I've looked high and low. I've seen some on some UK sites, but even they have said "Softspikes, not Adidas." Maybe someone will chime in with a source.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors