Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Razor fit Extreme fairway woods

35 replies to this topic

#1 Jones01

Jones01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131658
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Wondering if anyone has any good or bad news about these fairway woods.  I would like to hear the good and the bad if possible.  

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a demo to take to the range for the last few days.  I have to say I really liked it off the deck (Matt this time of year).  It's super solid and seemed to get in the air pretty easily.  I was very impressed.  I'm hoping some other people have some experience with this club to help me decide between one of these or a 913F.

Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 mackepa

mackepa

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 993 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

This club won't get the respect it deserves. The X Hot Pro just takes all the thunder away from it. I actually haven't hit it and I'm on staff with Callaway. I would try the X Hot Pro if I were you. I got it airborne really easily and it's just so stupid long.
7.5* 913D3 w/ Whiteboard 73S
15* 913FD w/ Whiteboard 83S
20* X2 Hot Pro w/ Tour Green X
24* 712U w/ KBS Tour stiff
5-PW AP2 714 w/ KBS Stiff
Vokey 50f, 54s, 60k w/ KBS Tour stiff

#3 Dscvrr St Louis

Dscvrr St Louis

#CALLAWRX 12/12/12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105250
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 511

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

I have the XHP in the 3 wood and RFE in the 5 wood...love them both..super solid feel and both are long...XHP is longer, but I needed something to split my gap between 3 wood and 3 iron, so the RFE did a better job of that.  Both look and feel great, so can't go wrong with either.
Big Bertha Alpha, Veylix Rome Wildeye
Big Bertha 15&18 Motore Speeder 8.1x
Apex UT 18*, Ctaper Lite 115X
Apex 4,5/Apex Pro 6-G Ctaper S+
Odyssey Versa #6 & MXM #6
Callaway MD2 52,54,58 Ctaper S+

#4 Jones01

Jones01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I have access to all callaways clubs so I will be trying the pro as well.  I can't get over how awesome the ball jumps off the face of the xtreme.  For some reason I can imagine the Xhot feeling as good.  As soon as the pro versions arrive I will be trying them out.

#5 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:LH
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

I tried both the RFX and XHP fairway woods at the Callaway Performance Centre, and I much preferred the Xtreme in every way.

I thought I would like the XHP most, as the reviews of it have been really good, but I found it to be way too light and far too spinny for me. I also didn't like the colour or the shape. I thought the finish was supposed to be matt, but it was far too shiny for me, and the head was slightly too big, which gave me concerns about consistency of strike off the deck.

The Xtreme on the other hand... wow. It sits beautifully behind the ball, is the perfect weight, and makes the most amazing sound.

In terms of performance, the Xtreme annihilated the XHT. I know this won't be the case for everyone, but for me it was a simple choice. It's a shame that such a great club is going to be lost amongst the hype of the X Hot range.

Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

#6 BigHook25

BigHook25

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143811
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

The Callaway Razr fit fairway wood was an underrated club that most didn't even talk about or consider.  If the xtreme is as good or better it will be one of the top fairway woods out there.  Problem is, it will still fall under the hype of other fairway woods out there.

#7 stribs

stribs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50301
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Great time to be a Callaway staffer!

#8 knudson81

knudson81

#CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

• 1,867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I found the X Hot Pro to be longer than the Razr Fit Xtreme, but the Xtreme 4w fit better into my gap. Sad that I had to pass on the X Hot Pro because it was TOO LONG! But I am totally happy with the Xtreme. It has a more muted sound compared to last years Razr and a much hotter face. The ball speed on miss hits has been greatly improved also. It should for sure be given a chance by anyone who loved a classic looking fairway.
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#9 markp

markp

golfdude

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4696
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have  hit both I lkie both of them I ended up ordering a xtreme 4 wood for the same reason as knudson81 it fites the gaps perfectly and is very easy to get airboure the other advantage is I played a fit 3 wood last year so I already have my DI7's shaft ready to bolt into the 4 wood.

The X HOT pro is crazy long and will do very well for Callaway this season it is easily longer then the rbz and the head is smalles annd looks alot better.

#10 GitarooJack

GitarooJack

"You're strapping a what? To my where??"

• 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214407
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I love how the OP asked for info about the Xtreme, and everybody starts talking about the X Hot Pro...

I LOVE my Xtreme 4 wood. Only got it after I shot it out with literally every new fairway this year. Had to send it to Cally because of a slight issue with the Optifit (freak accident, nothing to judge the club by), but the thing can do no wrong. 250 off deck easy, like an arrow. And for me? That's a craaazy number.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Madball

Madball

Under-Paid Club Tester

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hit the Extreme today...Really nice.. Great feeling head--the ball explodes off the face
I'll hit the Pro tomorrow but going in to it I can't see how any fw can be better than the RFX
Ping G30 9* Blue
Callaway BBII 15*
TaylorMade Proto Rescue 22*
Titleist 714 AP2's KBS Tour
Titleist SM5 52-56-60
Bettinardi BB54

#12 Jones01

Jones01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostMadball, on 18 February 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Hit the Extreme today...Really nice.. Great feeling head--the ball explodes off the face
I'll hit the Pro tomorrow but going in to it I can't see how any fw can be better than the RFX

That's exactly what I thought of it.  I ordered a 3 wood and 4 wood today with the matrix shaft.  

Love your avatar by the way.

#13 Madball

Madball

Under-Paid Club Tester

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostJones01, on 18 February 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

View PostMadball, on 18 February 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

That's exactly what I thought of it.  I ordered a 3 wood and 4 wood today with the matrix shaft.  

Love your avatar by the way.

I wasn't able to hit a 4 wood in this---let me know how the 4 wood does vs the 3 wood in distance..
This RFX is the nicest 3 wood I hit maybe ....ever...

As far as the avatar---Thanks--that show is more addicting than drugs (not that i know about that)
Ping G30 9* Blue
Callaway BBII 15*
TaylorMade Proto Rescue 22*
Titleist 714 AP2's KBS Tour
Titleist SM5 52-56-60
Bettinardi BB54

#14 jimpsycho

jimpsycho

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89729
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I haven't hit the 913 yet, but I can say that the RFE FW is going to win a lot of people over IF and only IF they hit it.  The marketing hype and buzz is on the X Hot, at a slight disservice to the RFE.

#15 lvmike

lvmike

Tour Winner

• 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3497
  • Ebay ID:miteca
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Agree with jimpsycho as well as others that have posted.  Below the radar club with the X Hot hype.  I was fitted recently and, while I realize the shaft has a LOT to do with it, I spun the XHP a lot and didn't see the kind of numbers that I saw with the RFX.  RFX with Black Tie ended up being the closest to ideal efficiency and performance for my swing.  Looking forward to getting it in my bag soon and seeing how it performs in my weekend battles.

10.5* TM SLDR
15* TM SLDR
19* TM SLDR
4-PW Cleveland 588 TT
34" TM Spider Mallet (2013 version)
Cleveland 588RTX 48*,52*,56*w/Nippon WV

#16 Ezgolfer

Ezgolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19575
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

RFE is the best looking , great feeling ,thin profile  long and easy to elevate 3 wood IMHO.
I have 15 degree  with trinity shaft ,brings back memories of V steel  .
Love everything about this 3 wood..

#17 AmazinBlue

AmazinBlue

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93222
  • Ebay ID:welchjs
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I hit the RFE 15* last Saturday at Carl's in 25* weather.  It was my first swings since last Sept.  I warmed up with my new Bridgestone J40 7-iron and then went to the RFE.  My buddy was watching and he said it was carrying at least past the flag at 223y.  Now that doesn't sound like much, until you consider the PGA manual's breakdown of cold air effect on a golf ball in flight.  Based on the what it says and reversing the numbers, at 75* that would be a carry distance of somewhere in the neighborhood of 260y.  I was putting a draw on the ball, which I don't normally do, but do to a linger right hip joint strain, I'm not clearing my hips as fast as normal so the hands are speeding up and creating the draw.

I was hitting RFE with the Trinity Stiff shaft and loved the sound and feel.  I hit it surprising low for me, but again, it's February and I haven't hit a ball in five months here in Michigan.
Callaway BB Alpha 9* ATX Tour Green
Callaway X2 Hot 3  ATX Tour Green
Titleist 913 Hd RIP Phenom 80g S
Adams CMB 5-GW KBS Tour R+
Putter: Versa 1W + 37g lead powder
Cleveland CG16 54, 58 TI S400 ss

#18 GitarooJack

GitarooJack

"You're strapping a what? To my where??"

• 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214407
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

And that Trinity IS a pretty sweet shaft. Loved it in my 4W so much, I bought one on the 'bay for my original Razr Fit driver.

#19 rachel22

rachel22

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41837
  • Ebay ID:rachelexeter
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostMarkFromTheUK, on 18 February 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

I tried both the RFX and XHP fairway woods at the Callaway Performance Centre, and I much preferred the Xtreme in every way.

I thought I would like the XHP most, as the reviews of it have been really good, but I found it to be way too light and far too spinny for me. I also didn't like the colour or the shape. I thought the finish was supposed to be matt, but it was far too shiny for me, and the head was slightly too big, which gave me concerns about consistency of strike off the deck.

The Xtreme on the other hand... wow. It sits beautifully behind the ball, is the perfect weight, and makes the most amazing sound.

In terms of performance, the Xtreme annihilated the XHT. I know this won't be the case for everyone, but for me it was a simple choice. It's a shame that such a great club is going to be lost amongst the hype of the X Hot range.

Did you get the 3
Or 3 or 4 wood?

#20 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:LH
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postrachel22, on 21 February 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

View PostMarkFromTheUK, on 18 February 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Did you get the 3
Or 3 or 4 wood?

Being a leftie, I didn't have much choice! I got the 3 wood, but have it set on closed to increase the loft to 16 degrees. That said, it's so easy to hit that I may well just put it back to neutral.

Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 scratch72

scratch72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5131
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I see you can get the RFE with a light flex shaft that has a low kick point. Just wonder if low kick would help hitting off the turf.

#22 sofla

sofla

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38058

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

How do the Trinity fairway shafts play? True to flex?
Ping i25 8.5 Tour 80
Ping Rapture 3+
Ping i25 5W; Titleist 913h 21
Callaway Apex 5-AW
Titleist Vokey SM 54 & 60
SC Select Newport 1.5

#23 mljones99

mljones99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 978
  • Handicap:12.2
  • Ebay ID:hrcjones
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I hit both an I prefer the feel of the Xtreme.  The X Hot Pro I hit may have been longer but I don't need that kind of length with my fairway woods.  The Xtreme also looks better at address in my eye.

#24 Ezgolfer

Ezgolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19575
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I played RFE 3 wood for last 3 months . Tried the 15* Titeist FD with diamama D + and fell in love with it,    ... long and strong, penetrating ball flight  .
RFE is the easiest to elevate from deck .

Edited by Ezgolfer, 21 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#25 czastrow

czastrow

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
GolfWRX Likes : 154

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

I love my RFX fairways. These will be in the bag for a long time just like my j33's they kicked out.

Anyone know the numbers on the adjustment of the optifit on these? how much the loft and face angle is changed set in open or closed?

G25 8.5
RFX 3 & 7
Macgregor Custom CB5
Tp Mills, lajosi

#26 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

GREAT fairway, I have used the three wood for a few rounds now.

I took the X Hot Pro out of the bag whilst I was waiting for the 3 deep to arrive, the 3 deep is running a little late so the Razr Fit Xtreme got a run.

WOW! Just as long as the X Hot, (Within 5 yards anyway) but the adjustability is a winner.

I love the look of an "open" face at address, it inspires confidence for me and I can "give it a rip" without fear of a left miss.

If the 3 deep doesn't work out I'm going to stick with the Razr Fit Xtreme 3 wood.

#27 sofla

sofla

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38058

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Which would spin less, the X Hot Rro fairway or the RFE extreme with stock shafts? TIA
Ping i25 8.5 Tour 80
Ping Rapture 3+
Ping i25 5W; Titleist 913h 21
Callaway Apex 5-AW
Titleist Vokey SM 54 & 60
SC Select Newport 1.5

#28 JB lefty

JB lefty

JB

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119043
  • Ebay ID:cashdupjb
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

I have played both and the RFE with the stock shaft spins less for me.  I have the Matrix shaft in the 3 wood and had the PX in 6.5 in the xhot pro.  The RFE for me goes longer than the xhot pro. Must just be a better head shaft combo for my swing.
Optiforce 440 Matrix Black 7M3 X flex
X2Hot 5 wood with stock shaft (cannon)
Apex Pro 4-AW KBS Tour V X flex SS1
Callaway Jaws Wedges 56,60
One spot available any ideas?
Odyssey DF550 blade putter/ Pro v 1 ball

#29 HoosierMizuno

HoosierMizuno

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87620
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

went to the store to test these our in a 3wd. was hoping to test against the razr fit to see if there is much of a difference. should i even bother testing the razr fit or should i just focus on either the extreme or xhot.
Adams Fast 12 LS 10.5* W/ Fubuki S
TM Stage 2 Tour 3HL TP w/ Matrix RUL 80
Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid 18*
TM Speedblades 4-PW, AW KBS TOUR S
TM ATV 54* and 58*
SeeMore mFGP2 34"

#30 golfdad907

golfdad907

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24061
  • Ebay ID:golfdad_907
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not a fan of the Trinity shaft so much, but with my Kaili or Blueboard one of my favorites.  Set up is about perfect, feel and sound are near perfect and the adjustability over the XHP made my decision.   I also still have and carry my RF 5 wood, also has Blueboard in it.  I prefer the setup, feel and sound of the Extreme, so much so, if/when I find a RFX head, I'll likely get one.

Edited by golfdad907, 23 April 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Optiforce 440 Diamana B Series 60
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
XHot Pro Hybrids 20/23 Accra Shafts
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V
Versa 2 WBW SuperStoke 2.0
X Forged 52 and 58

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors