Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Weights in the bottom? They make a difference!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WhiZ

WhiZ

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87256
  • Ebay ID:majorwhiz8gnd
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

So I'd been having some rattling issues with my RAZR Fit driver head. Callaway, of course, was being really good about exchanging the head but in the meantime I needed a solution and I saw a great deal for a slightly used tour issue RAZR Fit head with an Oban Devotion shaft so I snagged it. I'd always wanted to try a tour issue head even though I knew for my swing it probably wouldn't make a huge difference.

I finally picked it up today and headed straight to the course. Pulled the club out and swung it a few times and it just felt... wrong. Uh oh. Couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe there was hot melt in the head and the weighting was off? Maybe the Oban Devotion wasn't for me?

Struggled thru the round and finally got home. Weighed the head. 199g, just like my old one. My old shaft and new one weigh almost the same. What the heck?? And then I finally noticed - the 2g and 12g weights in the tour issue head had been switched by the previous owner.

Argh!! Switched them back to their usual positions and all of a sudden everything felt right again. I knew the seller was reputable but I was a bit worried for a while there. :)

Amazing how such a small thing can make a difference to the feel of the club.

WhiZ

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 SatelliteGuy

SatelliteGuy

Just hit the flippin' ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201801
  • Handicap:<>
GolfWRX Likes : 986

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Just got a RAZR Fit... Waiting for shaft to arrive ( G Bi-matrix TP )... Curious about these weights.. My misses are hooks... Not pulls.. Long hooks... Deep but turning the whole way down to course... Came with the 2g in heel and the 12g in the toe... Thinking I would switch these up...maybe order a weight kit IF this driver works out.. Can ya provide some thought seeing as how you play this thing and this was just an experiment.. Got the Tour head without weights except the ones that came in it, ordered the shaft and into this thing less than 100.00... Head in AMAZING shape... What can ya tell me ?
9.5 Opti440 -  Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X
Cleveland Classic XL (3) - TMTI R11s (4)
Adams DHY (21)
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

#3 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

#CALLAWRX2 @K_Kyriopoulos

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Ebay ID:ouzolude
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Leave the 12 in the toe and keep the 2 in the heel. Also play the shaft in the open position to fight your hook.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9.0
Woods: Callaway Big Bertha 3W & 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
Ball: Callaway SS Yellow & SR-2

#4 SatelliteGuy

SatelliteGuy

Just hit the flippin' ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201801
  • Handicap:<>
GolfWRX Likes : 986

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Got the Dual Cog on the shaft I ordered so I will mess with the open settings... 12 in toe and 2 in heel...odd..figured having less weight in the toe would drag the toe at impact...a little more open... Thanks for the help man! Appreciate it a bunch!
9.5 Opti440 -  Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X
Cleveland Classic XL (3) - TMTI R11s (4)
Adams DHY (21)
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors