Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tw 14's

88 replies to this topic

#31 nova6868

nova6868

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostBig Ben, on 22 February 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please make the 14's out of a material that breaths! My dogs swim in the 13's on a hot day...BB

+1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Holman

Holman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196442
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Postjrad, on 21 February 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

View PostJonBon, on 21 February 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I guess I am from the old school but I can't stand the look of the "performance/athletic" shoe with pants.  This is coming from someone in their mid to late twenties as well.

Agreed, this is why I'm so disappointed in the new lunar controls and the TW 13 range. im sure they are comfy as all hell but way too sport shoe looking with long slacks/pants. Reminds me of the seinfeld  era of slacks/jeans with sports shoes - yuk!

Just my 28yr old opinion though :)

I'm 25, and I agree. The original lunar control was a good compromise of sport/traditional look, and I was hoping the new model would progress to a more refined look. I might buy them purely on performance anyway.

These images indicate the tw14s might look less sporty than the 13s.

Edited by Holman, 22 February 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#33 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

I have always shared your sentiment for the Lunars (Nike golf shoes in general really) until I tried this years model on, seriously might be the most comfy golf shoe I've ever experienced. Upon closer inspection Nike has really improved the looks too, all I can say is put a 2013 Lunar on your foot and might change your tune...BB

Edited by Big Ben, 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#34 slookx24

slookx24

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60271
  • Ebay ID:slookx24
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

I just bought the TW13s and plan on wearing them with shorts only. I have a pair of Adipures to wear with pants.

#35 JaxBeachNole

JaxBeachNole

Juicy

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30170
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Those pics posted of the whites are absolutely not a new shoe. The blacks he wore the other day looked like something new

G25 8.5 Diamana B Series 60
G30 Tour 80
X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80, I20 20 KK 80
MP 54 5-PW Modus 130
"The Nightman" Midnight 006
SM5 56F (54), 60 K S400
WITB Link

#36 pogioge4

pogioge4

Pogioge4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6045
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

My sources tell me there will be a new TW shoe release in June.  Look for spy pics pretty soon probably next month.  TW '14 just around the corner, in time for the US Open!

#37 Adamgraeff

Adamgraeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222805

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Makes em waterproof

#38 Adamgraeff

Adamgraeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222805

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Plus those pics look exactly like the 13s

#39 asloper6001

asloper6001

slope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61477
  • Ebay ID:Asloper6001
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

The ones he wore yesterday were definitely his new kicks

#40 blblco02

blblco02

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101632
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

This is the best I could do - anyone notice any differences?

Attached Thumbnails

• TW.png

Edited by blblco02, 23 February 2013 - 01:00 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 jrad

jrad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109302
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostBig Ben, on 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I have always shared your sentiment for the Lunars (Nike golf shoes in general really) until I tried this years model on, seriously might be the most comfy golf shoe I've ever experienced. Upon closer inspection Nike has really improved the looks too, all I can say is put a 2013 Lunar on your foot and might change your tune...BB

I could potentially put the white/blue ones into my collection as i don't have white/blue shoes in my wardrobe but it would be a compromise of comfort over looks IMO.

#42 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217583

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostCCUgolfer23, on 21 February 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

View PostLlortamaisey, on 21 February 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

View Postosubass1, on 21 February 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

looks the same from this angle:
Posted Image
and the white from the other day:

Posted Image

The 13's  look sick. When are they going to be released?

That's definitely the same shoe as he's been wearing.

Agreed and I know this through Nike, that they are stocking the TW 13 as of now until the end of 12/12/13! Those black shoes look exactly the same....when those black shoes get a little moisture, they look really plastic like and look just like that, I know as I have both colors! There is not one difference to his shoes! Maybe he puts something like some vasoline for whatever reason you can put on patent leather to prevent cracking and maintain the new look, but he would have no reason for that and I have no clue what that would do him any good as I am sure he gets as many pairs as he needs! I can say maybe it was some type of water proofer spray that makes shoes glossy and as stated the black look plastic like and shine as it is when a little wet or even dry! That's why I love the white ones which i use way more, they are nicer looking and do not appear as cheap of material to the eye. Same shoe agreed though all the way.

Edited by Str8Shot, 23 February 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

#43 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

View Postpogioge4, on 22 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

My sources tell me there will be a new TW shoe release in June.  Look for spy pics pretty soon probably next month.  TW '14 just around the corner, in time for the US Open!

Your source is very wrong, I have sources in Nike, that would from a business standpoint make no sense when they are stocking new supplies of the TW 13 until the end of this year and dropping the new shoe all the way through the year! That's why they were the TW 13! For this year! The TW 14 will be seen later in the year as I do not have any pictures available yet but major shoe magazines even carry this information if something leaks and nothing!

Like I said I have a legit source who works for Nike and is pretty high up there and there is absolutely no TW 14 coming out in June! It is already March almost and in 2 months you think a new shoe is being released with absolutely no marketing or sneak peeks of what to expect? From a marketing and business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense by logic, also I know my Source is very very reliable. TW 13's for another 6-8 months atleast before the new ones are in circulation of spy pics or marketed!

The TW 13 are still selling like hot cakes and people have trouble finding their size as I just got a pair for a member on here this week because he could not find them in his size for under 180! They are steam rolling in sales and that would drop the value in almost half and the new TW 14 would not sell as well because people would eat up the cheaper TW 13 before buying the new 180-220 dollar TW 14 since the TW 13 is proven as a Gold Star winner. Simple Business strategy.

Edited by Str8Shot, 23 February 2013 - 02:58 AM.

Odyssey Prototype #1

#44 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

Major Winner

• 2,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

162314277.jpg

Nothing new to me !
Ping G30 Tour AD BB6s
TaylorMade SLDR Kali
Ping G20 5 Wood
Miura CB1957 SteelFiber i95s
Miura 51/55/59 C Taper S+
Scotty Cameron Newport II Circle T
WITB Link

#45 blblco02

blblco02

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101632
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Bumped just incase anyone has any info on the 14's and wants to share :)

#46 mallrat

mallrat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostStr8Shot, on 23 February 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Your source is very wrong, I have sources in Nike, that would from a business standpoint make no sense when they are stocking new supplies of the TW 13 until the end of this year and dropping the new shoe all the way through the year! That's why they were the TW 13! For this year! The TW 14 will be seen later in the year as I do not have any pictures available yet but major shoe magazines even carry this information if something leaks and nothing!

Like I said I have a legit source who works for Nike and is pretty high up there and there is absolutely no TW 14 coming out in June! It is already March almost and in 2 months you think a new shoe is being released with absolutely no marketing or sneak peeks of what to expect? From a marketing and business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense by logic, also I know my Source is very very reliable. TW 13's for another 6-8 months atleast before the new ones are in circulation of spy pics or marketed!

The TW 13 are still selling like hot cakes and people have trouble finding their size as I just got a pair for a member on here this week because he could not find them in his size for under 180! They are steam rolling in sales and that would drop the value in almost half and the new TW 14 would not sell as well because people would eat up the cheaper TW 13 before buying the new 180-220 dollar TW 14 since the TW 13 is proven as a Gold Star winner. Simple Business strategy.

Hope your source doesn't find out you're posting this :)

I think what confuses people is how early the TW13's dropped. The TW 13's were not even scheduled to be a production shoe. They were just intended to be one off's for Tiger. However with the popularity of Nike Free's and the demand for those shoes, Nike couldn't help but release them.

Think of when the current Lunar Controls came out compared to the TW's. What was there 4 - 6 months difference? THe TW's should have dropped at the same time as the new LC''s but with the demand and Tiger's successful year, they made a smart business decision.

The TW 14's will probably release the same time the LC's did this year.

Edited by mallrat, 25 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#47 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

View Postmallrat, on 25 February 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

I think what confuses people is how early the TW13's dropped. The TW 13's were not even scheduled to be a production shoe. They were just intended to be one off's for Tiger. However with the popularity of Nike Free's and the demand for those shoes, Nike couldn't help but release them.

Think of when the current Lunar Controls came out compared to the TW's. What was there 4 - 6 months difference? THe TW's should have dropped at the same time as the new LC''s but with the demand and Tiger's successful year, they made a smart business decision.

My source would not mind as he works  with Nike and any information I gave does not give exact dates, nor have I released any information or dates other then my opinion on when to look for something as I do not even know what they look like or know that information as he is not in the business to lose his job.

I was just making it clear no new TW 14 for the Start of the summer that is so close. We all would have seen a spy pic or have had information leaked and like I said NOTHING! What I spoke was mostly opinions on how the business strategy they used to release a TW 14 so quick would not make sense. As far as saying when Nike is stocking them til the end of the year, that is public information you can call Nike right now and order something or not and just ask a customer service rep how long they will be available. They simply check a sheet that shows how long they will be keeping them in stock and almost the end of this year is the answer. Public not private information.

I was never told an exact date or anything other then no shoe will be released in June so early with such high demand for the TW 13 still and the success of the shoe. My source could not get in trouble from anything I said any how again as I did not release anything that is compromising the companies business, or say anything that I should not have other then no TW14 in June! If nike had a new one dropping in june the sales would already be starting on the 13's and marketing would have started for the new 14's.  I stated my opinion again on when I think you will start seeing these shoes pop up or maybe a spy pic and what not, never did I give a confirmed date or anything of that nature, I just confirmed the June release date from another guy was wrong information to not mislead other wrx'ers on here!

As far as it being confusing about how early the shoes were released and it being confusing, it really was not confusing at all. Cars are released like a 2013 model in the middle or near end of 2012, same went for the shoe and Nike can squeeze more money out of them for them being out longer and being so loved of a shoe even by people who do not like this styling of a golf shoe, as they help in many ways from comfortability to knee issues and such. This shoe by the way was 2 years ago in the making from many years of testing for this style of shoe to come out from Nike as a golf shoe in the TW line so I do not know where you heard this shoe was never suppose to come out. Tiger wears prototypes that are different then what we wear obviously but they certainly were intended 100% to be released after the TW12 from many years of R & D!

Edited by Str8Shot, 26 February 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Odyssey Prototype #1

#48 TheU

TheU

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94904
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostStr8Shot, on 26 February 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

View Postmallrat, on 25 February 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

My source would not mind as he works  with Nike and any information I gave does not give exact dates, nor have I released any information or dates other then my opinion on when to look for something as I do not even know what they look like or know that information as he is not in the business to lose his job.

I was just making it clear no new TW 14 for the Start of the summer that is so close. We all would have seen a spy pic or have had information leaked and like I said NOTHING! What I spoke was mostly opinions on how the business strategy they used to release a TW 14 so quick would not make sense. As far as saying when Nike is stocking them til the end of the year, that is public information you can call Nike right now and order something or not and just ask a customer service rep how long they will be available. They simply check a sheet that shows how long they will be keeping them in stock and almost the end of this year is the answer. Public not private information.

I was never told an exact date or anything other then no shoe will be released in June so early with such high demand for the TW 13 still and the success of the shoe. My source could not get in trouble from anything I said any how again as I did not release anything that is compromising the companies business, or say anything that I should not have other then no TW14 in June! If nike had a new one dropping in june the sales would already be starting on the 13's and marketing would have started for the new 14's.  I stated my opinion again on when I think you will start seeing these shoes pop up or maybe a spy pic and what not, never did I give a confirmed date or anything of that nature, I just confirmed the June release date from another guy was wrong information to not mislead other wrx'ers on here!

As far as it being confusing about how early the shoes were released and it being confusing, it really was not confusing at all. Cars are released like a 2013 model in the middle or near end of 2012, same went for the shoe and Nike can squeeze more money out of them for them being out longer and being so loved of a shoe even by people who do not like this styling of a golf shoe, as they help in many ways from comfortability to knee issues and such. This shoe by the way was 2 years ago in the making from many years of testing for this style of shoe to come out from Nike as a golf shoe in the TW line so I do not know where you heard this shoe was never suppose to come out. Tiger wears prototypes that are different then what we wear obviously but they certainly were intended 100% to be released after the TW12 from many years of R & D!

All I can say is that you and your "source" are wrong. No way Nike waits until 2014 to actually release the shoe. I would bet 6/1-8/1 release. I don't want to turn this into a debate, so we'll just have to wait and see who's right.

#49 mallrat

mallrat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

First off, didn't mean for you to take it so personal.

No offense but this shoe was not 2 years in the making. I can guarantee that. It started being developed once Tiger started swinging after his last knee achilles injury. He was pain free in his workout shoes which were a pair of Free's. Which is when they started being developed.

You can doubt me, which I'm sure you will, but it is the truth.

2 years for a technology (or whatever you want to call it) that is already developed is way too long of a timeline. Now if you are talking Lunarlon or Flyknit, I could see that. Flywire yes, but Free based golf shoes, nope.

Edited by mallrat, 26 February 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#50 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

First off, didn't mean for you to take it so personal.

No offense but this shoe was not 2 years in the making. I can guarantee that. It started being developed once Tiger started swinging after his last knee achilles injury. He was pain free in his workout shoes which were a pair of Free's. Which is when they started being developed.

You can doubt me, which I'm sure you will, but it is the truth.

2 years for a technology (or whatever you want to call it) that is already developed is way too long of a timeline. Now if you are talking Lunarlon or Flyknit, I could see that. Flywire yes, but Free based golf shoes, nope.

First off Tobie Hatfield, who was the mastermind behind this and free motion shoes for Nike actually spent a three-year process involving internal research, collaboration with university biomechanists and a series of prototypes. The end result: the Nike Free, a so-called "natural-motion" shoe designed to let the foot move as it was intended, exercising and strengthening it along the way Actually it was even longer for R & D which was around 8 years or more from Stanford sports players as well as stanford golfers hitting golf balls bare footed on the range to create a bare foot free motion type experience in a golf shoe. Trust me I know what I am talking about and never put information out that I do not know what I am speaking of!

Edited by Str8Shot, 26 February 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Odyssey Prototype #1

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is for THeU...

Man you have to read what I said, I said they are stocking the 13....into the end of the year at Nike! That means they could be on sale or full price but they do not know! I never said they are releasing it in 2014, hence my comments I am not giving release dates! I said about fall you will see Marketing and what not for them and possible availability in the Fall time...mid fall I would say and spy pics maybe late summer. If you knew how much Nike is pulling down in sales from the TW 13, they would be kicking them self in the rear end to drop it much sooner then fall. I feel you will see one for sale 9/31-10/31 of this year! Do you know how many people in the past month alone I have had to get these shoes for because they could not find their exact size?? Nike had to make a rushed production, on a second run in the spring of 2012 because their original ones sold out so fast and the demand for the Wides went through the roof. My source is in no question. I would say what they do at Nike and I think some of the doubts of what I am saying would go away! I have some friends and sources in high places and am speaking of what I know! I will say this....if your so confident they are right around the corner from being released...now your saying august possibly which is not much off from the start of when I think you will see them for sale, but google a Nike TW 14 shoe! You will find absolutely nothing at all, except wrx threads like this or people asking about information. nothing else!

Edited by Str8Shot, 26 February 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Odyssey Prototype #1

#52 mallrat

mallrat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostStr8Shot, on 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

First off Tobie Hatfield, who was the mastermind behind this and free motion shoes for Nike actually spent a three-year process involving internal research, collaboration with university biomechanists and a series of prototypes. The end result: the Nike Free, a so-called "natural-motion" shoe designed to let the foot move as it was intended, exercising and strengthening it along the way Actually it was even longer for R & D which was around 8 years or more from Stanford sports players as well as stanford golfers hitting golf balls bare footed on the range to create a bare foot free motion type experience in a golf shoe. Trust me I know what I am talking about and never put information out that I do not know what I am speaking of!

Not saying you are lying but how well do you know Tobie?

I completely understand what goes into their R & D and who goes into it. It seems like you know a good deal but how much is true? Is this all from your source at Nike? Now I may be wrong but am pretty sure I'm not. I do need to check with a few people though. Please see below and this is just the public knowledge.

Nike's Free running shoes, which are extremely flexible and light, are designed to replicate running in bare feet but provide some protection and traction. According to a release from Nike, Tobie Hatfield, whose group developed the first Nike Free shoes in 2004, worked with Woods to create the shoe.
“I love the feel of Nike Free for training, so I asked Tobie if it was possible to bring that technology to the golf course," Woods said. "It’s exciting to see a conversation like that come to life, and I look forward to wearing them this week."

Read more: http://blogs.golf.co...l#ixzz2M3QxP9v9

Or read below...

During the course of their conversations with athletes and coaches, some Nike designers ended up talking to Vin Lananna, who was then the track coach at Stanford University. While discussing the Stanford program and his success there (Lananna's 2002 men's track and field team won the school's first NCAA outdoor title since 1934), Lananna mentioned the unusual training he did with his athletes: He had them run on grass without shoes.

He was the coach U of Oregon when they started having these conversations.

#53 goobers80

goobers80

gooberSammy - I have Autism

• 1,513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168463
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:goobies2007
GolfWRX Likes : 855

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Why are peoples arguing abouts sources and who made this or thats ? We haves to wait anyways. And i hads to go buy a men's pair as no female versions , so as far as shoes , glad for anythings this comfortable.

Is it really justs to be *right* , it cannots be that silly ?
I haves autism and do nots understands why peoples do what they do , so i ams asking.

Plus socks ands laces make mine feels *new* quite often , as in my avatar picture.
Be Yourself Always
TaylorMade SLDR 9.5* , 3 wood , hybrid
16* UDI , SpeedBlade 3 & 4 irons
TaylorMade TP CB 5-AW
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 58* ATV wedge
Yes! Callie , Nike Method 001
WITB Link

#54 TheU

TheU

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94904
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postgoobers80, on 26 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Why are peoples arguing abouts sources and who made this or thats ? We haves to wait anyways. And i hads to go buy a men's pair as no female versions , so as far as shoes , glad for anythings this comfortable.

I haves autism and do nots understands why peoples do what they do , so i ams asking.

Plus socks ands laces make mine feels *new* quite often , as in my avatar picture.

Those laces look sweet!

#55 2zlinks

2zlinks

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10091
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Those do look sharp Goobers!

#56 macca1965

macca1965

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 158791
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

View Postgoobers80, on 26 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Love the upgraded laces ;-)

#57 goobers80

goobers80

gooberSammy - I have Autism

• 1,513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168463
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:goobies2007
GolfWRX Likes : 855

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Kind to say that  , i actually have over 10 colors of laces to match socks ands outfits ands black and white pairs. Sometimes wear one black ands one white. Just thoughts i woulds share a bigger look at it.

Attached Thumbnails

• ChipsP1b.jpg

Edited by goobers80, 26 February 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Be Yourself Always
TaylorMade SLDR 9.5* , 3 wood , hybrid
16* UDI , SpeedBlade 3 & 4 irons
TaylorMade TP CB 5-AW
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 58* ATV wedge
Yes! Callie , Nike Method 001
WITB Link

#58 2zlinks

2zlinks

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10091
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

From the looks of it they match the ball too, very nice. You better watch it Goobers your going to start a trend!

#59 mallrat

mallrat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

View Postgoobers80, on 26 February 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Kind to say that  , i actually have over 10 colors of laces to match socks ands outfits ands black and white pairs. Sometimes wear one black ands one white. Just thoughts i woulds share a bigger look at it.

Goobers, how do they fit? My wife has to wear a wide in women's and that really narrows down her options. Do you normally wear a wide or regular in women's?

As to why we argue, we're guys. We just do that.  We can argue then sit down and be friends without even a second thought.

#60 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

View PostStr8Shot, on 26 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Not saying you are lying but how well do you know Tobie?

I completely understand what goes into their R & D and who goes into it. It seems like you know a good deal but how much is true? Is this all from your source at Nike? Now I may be wrong but am pretty sure I'm not. I do need to check with a few people though. Please see below and this is just the public knowledge.

Nike's Free running shoes, which are extremely flexible and light, are designed to replicate running in bare feet but provide some protection and traction. According to a release from Nike, Tobie Hatfield, whose group developed the first Nike Free shoes in 2004, worked with Woods to create the shoe.
“I love the feel of Nike Free for training, so I asked Tobie if it was possible to bring that technology to the golf course," Woods said. "It’s exciting to see a conversation like that come to life, and I look forward to wearing them this week."

Read more: http://blogs.golf.co...l#ixzz2M3QxP9v9

Or read below...

During the course of their conversations with athletes and coaches, some Nike designers ended up talking to Vin Lananna, who was then the track coach at Stanford University. While discussing the Stanford program and his success there (Lananna's 2002 men's track and field team won the school's first NCAA outdoor title since 1934), Lananna mentioned the unusual training he did with his athletes: He had them run on grass without shoes.

He was the coach U of Oregon when they started having these conversations.

Vin Lananna in 2001 was asked by Tobie why the success of stanford's track team and he told Tobie that Nike's shoes were to built up flat out and they traine bare footed! So Vin is the one who asked and had some remarks to Tobie about the idea of the bare feet, free run technology at first. Yes Tiger woods was using this shoe to train in and wanted a shoe for himself which spawned the TW 13....that was years ago........you just do not throw a shoe together.

Tiger may not have been seen in these shoes for good reason as when in the building stage, you would not have seen him in the different shoes being tested until a finished prototype was ready and then seen to everyone going on almost 2 years now! just because you hear about it a year ago, what do you think that means it just came out of his mouth? I am a Huge Nike guy and know what goes into the R & D of sneakers. The concept for a free run golf shoe, was originally not even suppose to be for a Tiger exclusive shoe, once he asked, it lead to him working with Tobie/Nike with the already gathered technology and creating the TW 13! Hatfield was not even that motivated to work with him in the first place but when Phil Knight called upon his help, well he had to help. Tobie never made a golf shoe before at all.

If Tiger never wanted or asked for this, we would have seen a Nike Golf shoe that was like this but not in the TW line up, but whats going to sell better....a TW free run concept shoe or a regular Nike golf shoe free run Concept? Do you understand how many people who cannot even afford a 180 dollar golf shoe will spend it just because it is Tigers?!? This is just like when people said a RORS line was coming out in january and I said NOPE...and there isn't....he wears Tour Performance lines from Nike!

I just got off the phone with a huge retailer for Nike Golf and other OEM's in general and he laughed when I said what I was discussing and he just met with his Nike Rep thi week and he had no mention of a TW 14 and only ever heard about one possibly being released in mid to late fall as I have said! I do not know Tobie, but I know my information! I do not have to post links to prove my points. I give information I know about the guy and the shoes!

Odyssey Prototype #1

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors