Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tw 14's


88 replies to this topic

#61 mallrat

mallrat

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Cool you are right and I'm wrong.

But I'll go back to being on campus 3-4 days a week and talk to my friends, relatives and clients who work at Nike and you can talk to your retailer who talked to the Rep.

I don't know everything Nike, but I do know a good bit. Unless you are Tobie, Tinker, Sasha, Vin or Tiger you don't know about those conversations and neither do I. There is a lot I don't ask and will never ask because it's none of my business. the way I see it is if they wanted everyone to know this they would put it out there.

By the way, you realize you contradicted yourself  when you said they had been developing the Free's for 8 years, but Tobie talked to Vin in 2001. That's only 3 years before the Free's launched.

Don't mean for this to come off as arguing just having a spirited discussion.

Edited by mallrat, 26 February 2013 - 11:29 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 goobers80

goobers80

    gooberSammy - I have Autism

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168463
  • Joined: 03/09/2012
  • Location:East Coast
  • Handicap:+2
  • Ebay ID:goobies2007
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Quote

From the looks of it they match the ball too, very nice. You better watch it Goobers your going to start a trend!          

Which trend is that ? Oh , no these are neon greens , i do haves neon yellow laces that matches srixon hat and yellow balls.


View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

View Postgoobers80, on 26 February 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Kind to say that  , i actually have over 10 colors of laces to match socks ands outfits ands black and white pairs. Sometimes wear one black ands one white. Just thoughts i woulds share a bigger look at it.

Goobers, how do they fit? My wife has to wear a wide in women's and that really narrows down her options. Do you normally wear a wide or regular in women's?

As to why we argue, we're guys. We just do that.  We can argue then sit down and be friends without even a second thought.

I wear normal widths. I am female size 11 , and some older ladies with same shoe sizes as me recommend i try 9 or 9.5 men's . So i tried TW 13 shoes and new rights away that was the end of me and ladies golf shoes. Men's are much more comfortable. I hads to go up to size 10 though in these as they do runs small. I woulds say haves her goto men's shoes. Women's are mostly narrow or *fashions* and no real practical purposes.

Edited by goobers80, 27 February 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Be Yourself Always
TaylorMade SLDR 9.5* , 3 wood , hybrid
13* 712u , SpeedBlade 3 & 4 irons
TaylorMade TP CB 5-AW
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 58* ATV wedge
Yes! Callie , Cleveland Classic #1
WITB Link

#63 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2862

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Lots of sources in this thread.

#64 Snoopy

Snoopy

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131147
  • Joined: 06/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Well, let start by saying , this is not absolute , but I would pretty much believe it.

I work at a country club in Michigan.
I am the evening manager at said club
The Golf Operations manager is with Nike, and has been for quite sometime. We always get every limited run Nike golf thing available. I believe there still are some left overs from all the majors editions from 2012 in the shop now.
I asked him about the new TW's, because like most of you buy or wait?

He said in June, a new version will come out. But it is just more of a modified version of the current shoe. With the main changes being a mod done to the sole , and in more colors. Very similar to the lunar controls. And then most likely in the fall a shoe line based of the TW Free concept , but without the TW branding.
He went on to say that the TW13 is still in production because of its popularity. He expects a price drop of maybe 15-20% of what it is at now. He also went on to say that Nike will reduce the amount of shoe models it carries going forward. They want to be looked at as a "pro" club and apparel producer. Then only selling the pro gear and marketing it as you using the exact same stuff as the Nike golf staff does.  Very clever.

So believe me or not, this is all true

#65 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217583
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Cool you are right and I'm wrong.

But I'll go back to being on campus 3-4 days a week and talk to my friends, relatives and clients who work at Nike and you can talk to your retailer who talked to the Rep.

I don't know everything Nike, but I do know a good bit. Unless you are Tobie, Tinker, Sasha, Vin or Tiger you don't know about those conversations and neither do I. There is a lot I don't ask and will never ask because it's none of my business. the way I see it is if they wanted everyone to know this they would put it out there.

By the way, you realize you contradicted yourself  when you said they had been developing the Free's for 8 years, but Tobie talked to Vin in 2001. That's only 3 years before the Free's launched.

Don't mean for this to come off as arguing just having a spirited discussion.

Actually, the people I know at Nike and one in particular are not just your everyday people, and nobody will know what is said in a private convo with anyone period! I did not contradict myself though because Vin came to Nike with this in 2001 and explained how his track team had trained...the 8 years I spoke of was the golf team hitting bare footed. His convo and the idea for a Golf shoe like this were two completely different things and not very focused on getting done as quickly until Tiger came into the picture! You need to read carefully instead of just glance at what I am saying!

Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

#66 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217583
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostSnoopy, on 28 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Well, let start by saying , this is not absolute , but I would pretty much believe it.

I work at a country club in Michigan.
I am the evening manager at said club
The Golf Operations manager is with Nike, and has been for quite sometime. We always get every limited run Nike golf thing available. I believe there still are some left overs from all the majors editions from 2012 in the shop now.
I asked him about the new TW's, because like most of you buy or wait?

He said in June, a new version will come out. But it is just more of a modified version of the current shoe. With the main changes being a mod done to the sole , and in more colors. Very similar to the lunar controls. And then most likely in the fall a shoe line based of the TW Free concept , but without the TW branding.
He went on to say that the TW13 is still in production because of its popularity. He expects a price drop of maybe 15-20% of what it is at now. He also went on to say that Nike will reduce the amount of shoe models it carries going forward. They want to be looked at as a "pro" club and apparel producer. Then only selling the pro gear and marketing it as you using the exact same stuff as the Nike golf staff does.  Very clever.

So believe me or not, this is all true

Ok so exactly what is said here is what I was saying all along in other posts for the most part....the TW 13's are still selling like hotcakes! There is no TW 14 coming in june, and minor changes and color adds are not a new shoe that will be a TW 14 Label. Then in Fall....most likely mid fall like i said, you will see a new shoe....now your theory of it being not a branded TW is different then the sources I have spoke with. So you have pretty much said the same thing I have been trying to say, The authorized dealer I spoke with who met with his Nike rep though I must say are a way bigger Nike account then a country club, no offense, they are carrying 600-900k dollars worth of inventory at all times! I do not know of any country club carrying that or even having the capability to do so! Your facts though are very similar to the Nike rep that told my authorized dealer I get equipment from, as well as the People I know in Nike. If only I could say names some arguing with me would be quick to not say a peep! Simple though .....TW 13's....selling still very very well, adding colors or changing an insole would be the smartest thing to do before ever changing the shoe as many have requested different colors to drop in the TW 13! I will say this though to someone who made a comment, there are some people that are members on here that are not your average people and you may think someone is just talking, but I have already met some people that are on here as members, and you would never guess how plugged into the TOUR world they are and the inside world of stuff most normal people have no clue about! I could tell you about a new Taylor Made putter that is Forged milled faced based off of a Japanese Ghost putter that will be released in the next 3 months or so and what it will retail for but it is nothing compared to the forged process the Japanese version is and not made the same! A lot of people on here are pretty connected from my findings is you find the right people....they are not going to put a sign up stating that though!

Edited by Str8Shot, 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM.

Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

#67 jashton88

jashton88

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208031
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

Lots of sources in this thread.
My source tells me they will be out sometime in 2013. The name of my crazy reliable source is Maya Pinion. :swoon:
Whats in my B.A.G?
WITB Link

#68 2zlinks

2zlinks

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10091
  • Joined: 01/18/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostStr8Shot, on 28 February 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

View PostSnoopy, on 28 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Well, let start by saying , this is not absolute , but I would pretty much believe it.

I work at a country club in Michigan.
I am the evening manager at said club
The Golf Operations manager is with Nike, and has been for quite sometime. We always get every limited run Nike golf thing available. I believe there still are some left overs from all the majors editions from 2012 in the shop now.
I asked him about the new TW's, because like most of you buy or wait?

He said in June, a new version will come out. But it is just more of a modified version of the current shoe. With the main changes being a mod done to the sole , and in more colors. Very similar to the lunar controls. And then most likely in the fall a shoe line based of the TW Free concept , but without the TW branding.
He went on to say that the TW13 is still in production because of its popularity. He expects a price drop of maybe 15-20% of what it is at now. He also went on to say that Nike will reduce the amount of shoe models it carries going forward. They want to be looked at as a "pro" club and apparel producer. Then only selling the pro gear and marketing it as you using the exact same stuff as the Nike golf staff does.  Very clever.

So believe me or not, this is all true

Ok so exactly what is said here is what I was saying all along in other posts for the most part....the TW 13's are still selling like hotcakes! There is no TW 14 coming in june, and minor changes and color adds are not a new shoe that will be a TW 14 Label. Then in Fall....most likely mid fall like i said, you will see a new shoe....now your theory of it being not a branded TW is different then the sources I have spoke with. So you have pretty much said the same thing I have been trying to say, The authorized dealer I spoke with who met with his Nike rep though I must say are a way bigger Nike account then a country club, no offense, they are carrying 600-900k dollars worth of inventory at all times! I do not know of any country club carrying that or even having the capability to do so! Your facts though are very similar to the Nike rep that told my authorized dealer I get equipment from, as well as the People I know in Nike. If only I could say names some arguing with me would be quick to not say a peep! Simple though .....TW 13's....selling still very very well, adding colors or changing an insole would be the smartest thing to do before ever changing the shoe as many have requested different colors to drop in the TW 13! I will say this though to someone who made a comment, there are some people that are members on here that are not your average people and you may think someone is just talking, but I have already met some people that are on here as members, and you would never guess how plugged into the TOUR world they are and the inside world of stuff most normal people have no clue about! I could tell you about a new Taylor Made putter that is Forged milled faced based off of a Japanese Ghost putter that will be released in the next 3 months or so and what it will retail for but it is nothing compared to the forged process the Japanese version is and not made the same! A lot of people on here are pretty connected from my findings is you find the right people....they are not going to put a sign up stating that though!

Almost every sentence ended in an exclamation point. Keep working on it and I'm confident you can get to 100%.

#69 LTaylor59

LTaylor59

    Future Pro

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207941
  • Joined: 10/20/2012
  • Location:Evansville IN
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 21 February 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

From what I have seen these look a lot better than the current line.

In my eyes that is a VERY simple task

View PostJonBon, on 21 February 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I guess I am from the old school but I can't stand the look of the "performance/athletic" shoe with pants.  This is coming from someone in their mid to late twenties as well.

as a 20 something myself i agree and support this statement. Forget about banning anchored putters, they need to ban golf shoes that look like cross trainers from 95

#70 macca1965

macca1965

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 158791
  • Joined: 01/30/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostStr8Shot, on 28 February 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

View PostSnoopy, on 28 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Well, let start by saying , this is not absolute , but I would pretty much believe it.

I work at a country club in Michigan.
I am the evening manager at said club
The Golf Operations manager is with Nike, and has been for quite sometime. We always get every limited run Nike golf thing available. I believe there still are some left overs from all the majors editions from 2012 in the shop now.
I asked him about the new TW's, because like most of you buy or wait?

He said in June, a new version will come out. But it is just more of a modified version of the current shoe. With the main changes being a mod done to the sole , and in more colors. Very similar to the lunar controls. And then most likely in the fall a shoe line based of the TW Free concept , but without the TW branding.
He went on to say that the TW13 is still in production because of its popularity. He expects a price drop of maybe 15-20% of what it is at now. He also went on to say that Nike will reduce the amount of shoe models it carries going forward. They want to be looked at as a "pro" club and apparel producer. Then only selling the pro gear and marketing it as you using the exact same stuff as the Nike golf staff does.  Very clever.

So believe me or not, this is all true

Ok so exactly what is said here is what I was saying all along in other posts for the most part....the TW 13's are still selling like hotcakes! There is no TW 14 coming in june, and minor changes and color adds are not a new shoe that will be a TW 14 Label. Then in Fall....most likely mid fall like i said, you will see a new shoe....now your theory of it being not a branded TW is different then the sources I have spoke with. So you have pretty much said the same thing I have been trying to say, The authorized dealer I spoke with who met with his Nike rep though I must say are a way bigger Nike account then a country club, no offense, they are carrying 600-900k dollars worth of inventory at all times! I do not know of any country club carrying that or even having the capability to do so! Your facts though are very similar to the Nike rep that told my authorized dealer I get equipment from, as well as the People I know in Nike. If only I could say names some arguing with me would be quick to not say a peep! Simple though .....TW 13's....selling still very very well, adding colors or changing an insole would be the smartest thing to do before ever changing the shoe as many have requested different colors to drop in the TW 13! I will say this though to someone who made a comment, there are some people that are members on here that are not your average people and you may think someone is just talking, but I have already met some people that are on here as members, and you would never guess how plugged into the TOUR world they are and the inside world of stuff most normal people have no clue about! I could tell you about a new Taylor Made putter that is Forged milled faced based off of a Japanese Ghost putter that will be released in the next 3 months or so and what it will retail for but it is nothing compared to the forged process the Japanese version is and not made the same! A lot of people on here are pretty connected from my findings is you find the right people....they are not going to put a sign up stating that though!


Why is this so important to you? To share with everyone that you "have a source" at Nike? To be the first to divulge info? If I was your "source" at Nike, I would be a bit upset that you were taking conversations that we are having and posting them here. There is probably a reason that your source isn't the one logging on and posting him/herself.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#71 CCUgolfer23

CCUgolfer23

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185402
  • Joined: 06/10/2012
  • Location:Myrtle Beach
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostLTaylor59, on 28 February 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 21 February 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

From what I have seen these look a lot better than the current line.

In my eyes that is a VERY simple task

View PostJonBon, on 21 February 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I guess I am from the old school but I can't stand the look of the "performance/athletic" shoe with pants.  This is coming from someone in their mid to late twenties as well.

as a 20 something myself i agree and support this statement. Forget about banning anchored putters, they need to ban golf shoes that look like cross trainers from 95

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................No
Titleist 910 d3 oban devotion 6 04 flex
Titleist 910 15* motore speeder vc 7.1
Titleist 910 19* pink bimatrix xstiff
Titleist 704 5 iron/6-pw 670 mb KBS tour
Ping gorge 51, tour s 55/59
Scotty cameron Red X
WITB Link

#72 mallrat

mallrat

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostStr8Shot, on 28 February 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Cool you are right and I'm wrong.

But I'll go back to being on campus 3-4 days a week and talk to my friends, relatives and clients who work at Nike and you can talk to your retailer who talked to the Rep.

I don't know everything Nike, but I do know a good bit. Unless you are Tobie, Tinker, Sasha, Vin or Tiger you don't know about those conversations and neither do I. There is a lot I don't ask and will never ask because it's none of my business. the way I see it is if they wanted everyone to know this they would put it out there.

By the way, you realize you contradicted yourself  when you said they had been developing the Free's for 8 years, but Tobie talked to Vin in 2001. That's only 3 years before the Free's launched.

Don't mean for this to come off as arguing just having a spirited discussion.

Actually, the people I know at Nike and one in particular are not just your everyday people, and nobody will know what is said in a private convo with anyone period! I did not contradict myself though because Vin came to Nike with this in 2001 and explained how his track team had trained...the 8 years I spoke of was the golf team hitting bare footed. His convo and the idea for a Golf shoe like this were two completely different things and not very focused on getting done as quickly until Tiger came into the picture! You need to read carefully instead of just glance at what I am saying!

Glad you know a "not your average guy", but you're not the only one.

Once again, I'm stating what I know as public knowledge. I would never put anything out that was from a private conversation. Also, I have never asked about this and never will, not my business.

If your "not an average guy" has anything to do with the Kitchen then this would not be a good conversation to be having on your part

#73 CCUgolfer23

CCUgolfer23

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185402
  • Joined: 06/10/2012
  • Location:Myrtle Beach
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postmallrat, on 28 February 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostStr8Shot, on 28 February 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Cool you are right and I'm wrong.

But I'll go back to being on campus 3-4 days a week and talk to my friends, relatives and clients who work at Nike and you can talk to your retailer who talked to the Rep.

I don't know everything Nike, but I do know a good bit. Unless you are Tobie, Tinker, Sasha, Vin or Tiger you don't know about those conversations and neither do I. There is a lot I don't ask and will never ask because it's none of my business. the way I see it is if they wanted everyone to know this they would put it out there.

By the way, you realize you contradicted yourself  when you said they had been developing the Free's for 8 years, but Tobie talked to Vin in 2001. That's only 3 years before the Free's launched.

Don't mean for this to come off as arguing just having a spirited discussion.

Actually, the people I know at Nike and one in particular are not just your everyday people, and nobody will know what is said in a private convo with anyone period! I did not contradict myself though because Vin came to Nike with this in 2001 and explained how his track team had trained...the 8 years I spoke of was the golf team hitting bare footed. His convo and the idea for a Golf shoe like this were two completely different things and not very focused on getting done as quickly until Tiger came into the picture! You need to read carefully instead of just glance at what I am saying!

Glad you know a "not your average guy", but you're not the only one.

Once again, I'm stating what I know as public knowledge. I would never put anything out that was from a private conversation. Also, I have never asked about this and never will, not my business.

If your "not an average guy" has anything to do with the Kitchen then this would not be a good conversation to be having on your part

Why are you guys turning this into a pissing match? Is it really THAT big of a deal as to when the shoe is coming out? Just know eventually it will be released. And of course everyone on this site has a "source" so this really isn't realiable.
Titleist 910 d3 oban devotion 6 04 flex
Titleist 910 15* motore speeder vc 7.1
Titleist 910 19* pink bimatrix xstiff
Titleist 704 5 iron/6-pw 670 mb KBS tour
Ping gorge 51, tour s 55/59
Scotty cameron Red X
WITB Link

#74 mallrat

mallrat

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Sorry for getting this off track.

Originally my point was that I thought we wouldn't see one for awhile. It seemed as though the TW13 was released off schedule. Weren't the TW's released in late Summer or something with the new line of LC's released in Jan. or Feb?

I imagine, or based strictly on a guess, with no inside knowledge that going forward the TW14 would be released with the rest of the line.

#75 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 699

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

Lots of sources in this thread.

A friend of mine calls them the 'source brothers' and they like to talk but never have a name.

By far the best statement in this thread is the guy that said Tiger didn't get to see the prototypes and only wore the final version. There were threads every week with different prototype versions Tiger was wearing, all with pictures that Greg snapped at the range of each particular tournament. I remember at least 6 different versions of the Free Golf shoe that Tiger tried. Not sure how that guy missed those threads. Welcome to Golf WRX.


#76 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 1,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
  • Joined: 06/11/2012
  • Location:San Diego, Calfornia
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

The TW13 golf shoes that Tiger wears is slightly different from the retail TW13's. It is hard to tell if these are the new TW14 shoes are just a different TW13 "Tiger Version"

RYAN
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Website: http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

#77 thatboygaule

thatboygaule

    IG- RichardGaule

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139920
  • Joined: 09/25/2011
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 317

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

i don't think that they are 14s
Titleist 913D2(A1) w/ Diamana Blue S+
Titleist 913F(A4) w/ Diamana Blue S+
Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW w/ NS PRO 105T
Titleist SM4 52* 58* w/ NS PRO 105T
Odyssey #7
WITB Link

#78 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217583
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostCCUgolfer23, on 28 February 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

View Postmallrat, on 28 February 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

View PostStr8Shot, on 28 February 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

View Postmallrat, on 26 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Cool you are right and I'm wrong.

But I'll go back to being on campus 3-4 days a week and talk to my friends, relatives and clients who work at Nike and you can talk to your retailer who talked to the Rep.

I don't know everything Nike, but I do know a good bit. Unless you are Tobie, Tinker, Sasha, Vin or Tiger you don't know about those conversations and neither do I. There is a lot I don't ask and will never ask because it's none of my business. the way I see it is if they wanted everyone to know this they would put it out there.

By the way, you realize you contradicted yourself  when you said they had been developing the Free's for 8 years, but Tobie talked to Vin in 2001. That's only 3 years before the Free's launched.

Don't mean for this to come off as arguing just having a spirited discussion.

Actually, the people I know at Nike and one in particular are not just your everyday people, and nobody will know what is said in a private convo with anyone period! I did not contradict myself though because Vin came to Nike with this in 2001 and explained how his track team had trained...the 8 years I spoke of was the golf team hitting bare footed. His convo and the idea for a Golf shoe like this were two completely different things and not very focused on getting done as quickly until Tiger came into the picture! You need to read carefully instead of just glance at what I am saying!

Glad you know a "not your average guy", but you're not the only one.

Once again, I'm stating what I know as public knowledge. I would never put anything out that was from a private conversation. Also, I have never asked about this and never will, not my business.

If your "not an average guy" has anything to do with the Kitchen then this would not be a good conversation to be having on your part

Why are you guys turning this into a pissing match? Is it really THAT big of a deal as to when the shoe is coming out? Just know eventually it will be released. And of course everyone on this site has a "source" so this really isn't realiable.

My original attention was to correct wrong information that may hold off others from getting a TW 13 shoe. I do not work for Nike and I would never say a sources name. I could care less what the other guy MallRat thinks of me and my sources but I am very well educated on this from multiple sources I have stated some just being Major retailers that have asked for me, for my own personal wanting to know. " Is there a TW 14 coming soon" Nike Rep's answer was flat out NO! Meaning in a month or 2 or even 3. I did not intend to take it this far with going back and forth but you must understand it is flustering when someone does not know what they are talking about and makes it into what the convo has become over it.

I simply was correcting information, my Nike source would never get mad at me as I already talked with them over this and they laughed that another person would think they would be mad at me. I never said anything but my own opinion on things such as, release dates, etc... I never posted photos or anything that could get anyone in trouble so my source has absolutely no problem with what I have said. I have spent 3 hours on the phone with people I do not even know in Beaverton, Oregon about this shoe to give my review and opinion on how amazing of a shoe they made and had a wonderful conversation about it and took my own time out to give feedback which is much appreciated by anyone, not just me. I will not bite my tongue though when I am trying to give accurate information to people and they proceed to give out wrong information. I did not grow up that way and it has got me very far in life by not being pushed around and sitting not speaking my feelings.
Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

#79 mallrat

mallrat

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Sorry to all if i turned this into a measuring contest. Never said I had a bad opinion of you, I just believe something different to be true. A lot of knowledge can be gained from reasonable discourse between people with differing opinions. You don't believe I know what I'm talking about, which is fine, never said I don't believe you, I just have different information.

What I do think is funny though, is that we are basically arguing to the same point. You don't think one will be released soon and neither do I.

IMO, I think the next release will be on the same timeline as they release the rest of the line. Unless they want to release the shoe midseason to keep interest which isn't a bad marketing strategy.

#80 irwinfletcher77

irwinfletcher77

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119660
  • Joined: 12/31/2010
  • Handicap:9.7
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

All I have heard confirmed so far is the Masters shoe wil be a Free with Masters color scheme. Have seen no pictures was just told by my rep that that would be the limited shoe this year as I normally get the limited Lunars from him every year.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#81 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2862

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Masters

image.jpg

#82 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217583
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Postmallrat, on 01 March 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Sorry to all if i turned this into a measuring contest. Never said I had a bad opinion of you, I just believe something different to be true. A lot of knowledge can be gained from reasonable discourse between people with differing opinions. You don't believe I know what I'm talking about, which is fine, never said I don't believe you, I just have different information.

What I do think is funny though, is that we are basically arguing to the same point. You don't think one will be released soon and neither do I.

IMO, I think the next release will be on the same timeline as they release the rest of the line. Unless they want to release the shoe midseason to keep interest which isn't a bad marketing strategy.

It's all good....no hard feelings, and nothing against you, i have heard Titleist reps from NJersey have different info then ones from Florida through Shop owners I know so it is possible different information was given out. I just like to think the person(s) informing me are correct.
Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

#83 Str8Shot

Str8Shot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217583
  • Joined: 12/25/2012
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 02 March 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Masters

Attachment image.jpg

Yea these are the TW 13 Master Editions and were at a VIP NIKE Covert release and this shoe was on display also that info and this pic was taken from ngnation.  This is still obviously the TW13. I do not know what to make of it honestly....I mean just another shoe to go with select limited outfits....it would be cool if they had some type of masters 2013 stamping on the tongue or something of that nature. I have heard there will be select LE accounts and people who will get these. Nothing I would really chase down though. I would love to see an all Red TW13 with a white or Black swoosh. I would find that sick. Solid all red with one other color for the Swoosh and writing on the shoe.  Other colors will just match other outfits, but I love the white's.....they go with everything and I feel look a little cooler and not as cheesy as the blacks, because of the material it is made of not being seen in great detail and muted out by the white! I would buy them I guess if I got them at my normal price for these which is a good price but I wouldnt spend any more on them with that being said.

Also has anyone ever noticed, I have from going through like 15 pair at a time that some shoes are not proper on the inside (outside) or outside of the shoe? How they should have that wave to them...the 2 raised above the shoe wave that is suppose to fold outwards when walking or even just sitting there but some actually have the opposite? Where it is like an indentation instead and if you walk in them they cut into your feet? I noticed this from having and stocking up on a few whites....talked with Nike about it....noticed all the Wide versions had it....not the blacks though. Carls Golfland actually contacted Nike over it from my understanding when I brought it up to them when I could not obtain a size during a part of the past season for someone else and the had a sale for the same price I get them for and they looked at all their white ones and I think may have sent them back.

Edited by Str8Shot, 03 March 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

#84 TW19

TW19

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 226329
  • Joined: 02/02/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostBig Ben, on 22 February 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Please make the 14's out of a material that breaths! My dogs swim in the 13's on a hot day...BB

I think the current ones are great because of how waterproof they are.

#85 dclayton

dclayton

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52288
  • Joined: 03/26/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Anyone else think these run small ?


#86 Mustng5

Mustng5

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84916
  • Joined: 06/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...tach_id=1604239

#87 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1235

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostMustng5, on 26 March 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:


Definitely a bit more stylish then the current offerings.

#88 Lesmond

Lesmond

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183986
  • Joined: 06/01/2012
  • Location:South San Francisco, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 1025

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 26 March 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

View PostMustng5, on 26 March 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:


Definitely a bit more stylish then the current offerings.

are they really the TW '14s? I like the 2013 model more.
Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 10.5*
Nike VR Pro FWY Limited Edition 15*
Nike Covert 2.0 FWY Performance 19*
913H 21*, Nike MMPROTO 28 of 40, 4-PW
Nike VR Pro 51*, 57* Tour Issue Wedges
'14 Scotty Cameron Newport 2

#89 pogioge4

pogioge4

    Pogioge4

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6045
  • Joined: 09/15/2005
  • Location:Chicago Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

There exists a new TW 14 thread!  Hahaha!  Well now!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors