Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

SWANRY30 WITB - 2014 FINALIZED?

swanry30 witb fujikura ctaper golf pride tour spec nike the oven bridgestone project x

460 replies to this topic

#451 enis750

enis750

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105306
  • Ebay ID:enis750
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Swan do you have that driver that was built for you at the Kingdom still?
maybe a dumb question too, but if you were fit for that driver and it was built for you to your specs on the van, why change?
or do you feel the tech in the CT 2.0 has given your game the advantage over the RBZ?

Titleist 909D3 9.5 VTS
Callaway XHP (15F & 20H) Accra / VTS
Titleist 712 AP2 (5-PW) DGS300
Vokey SM5 (52f, 56s, 60k) DGS400
Odyssey Versa 7 35" / Pro V1x

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#452 QMany

QMany

Flush Sprayer

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113894
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1066

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Swing changes in the past two years, I presume.
Stage 2 Tour (9.5) NV 75
Stage 2 Tour (14.5) VS Proto 80
Stage 2 Tour (17.5) Black Tie Hm3 95
TEE CB ProH (20.5) KBS Tour
TP MB-MC (4-PW) KBS Tour
TP (54 and 60) KBS Tour

#453 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• 3,649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

View Postenis750, on 07 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Swan do you have that driver that was built for you at the Kingdom still?
maybe a dumb question too, but if you were fit for that driver and it was built for you to your specs on the van, why change?
or do you feel the tech in the CT 2.0 has given your game the advantage over the RBZ?

Oh yeah!  The RBZ tour is not going anywhere :). That being said the fitting at The Oven was superior to any fitting you could dream of having.  The Covert Tour fits me better in ball flight and spin - however the OTR Covert 2.0 Tour blows away my Oven fit head :).

Technology has come a long way, my swing has evolved and the Nike equipment is an incredible fit for me.

Edited by swanry30, 07 March 2014 - 05:48 PM.

Nike CT 2.0 10.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 15* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
Nike MOD 30 - SS Flatso Ultra 1.1
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10
WITB Link

#454 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• 3,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostJ.W., on 07 March 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

View Postswanry30, on 07 March 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

View Postzwhitworth, on 06 March 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

Is that guy in the RBZ build video the guy who's handwriting is on every tour issue spec sticker?  Every one of them seems to have the same handwriting ;)

Seriously, it would appear that every head was inspected and recorded by one guy...  That guy isn't Wade - but his/her handwriting is unmistakable.

Pretty sure those are done at their vendor... not a TMAG employee.  I heard that when I was on the TMAG tour van last summer-- also he makes mention in that video that they measure them for them and they're coming out pretty true to loft.  That was how I interpreted it anyway.

You are correct :). It was upon their request that the vendor/manufacturing facility labeled heads to the tour department for easier builds.
WITB Link

#455 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• 3,649 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I hit a handful of balls over the river (my backyard) yesterday with the  PX LZ 7.0 - positive results :).  I want to get out on the course or on Trackman depending on the weather tomorrow before I report back "officially".  The one thing I can verify for sure is it produces a strong ball flight.

WITB Link

#456 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• 3,649 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

I had the opportunity to test the PX LZ 7.0 60g on Trackman yesterday with some fun yet inconclusive results.  I love the way the shaft looks installed in the Covert 2.0 Tour head.  I will take some pictures and add it to this post later today - but the blue writing paired with the black and red is very attractive.  Statically, the shaft feels light in comparison to my gamer - the 7.2TS - which is an obvious as it is at least 10g lighter.  The balance point also feels different in the PX LZ to a .2TS in the same weight category.  This will take a little bit to get use to as I have played the TS for over a year - but something that could be done with some course time.  Like many of the True Temper graphite shafts - the shaft feels extremely stable on the back swing and downswing, which provides a sense of confidence.  The opposite "feeling" in my experience would be the Kiyoshi White, tremendous feel and a unibend pattern on both sides of the swing - that for certain golfers creates confusion and a lack of trust in they don't know where the shaft is during the swing.  The PX LZ has a very unique "kick" at impact, something that I would describe as a smooth snap.  The words load zone had me initially thinking that I would really feel the shaft load and build during the swing - but due to the unique profile of the shaft you don't feel it load until....crack the ball is gone.  The flight of the PX LZ was very strong and flat with very low spin, yet maintained a nice overall height.  With the Covert 2.0 Tour I was getting spin that varied from 2300 (high) - 1590 (low)rpms (with Nike range balls) depending on how high on the face the ball was hit.  The higher on the face the lower the spin.  Cross-hair hits produced a perfect flight and was delivered with a powerful crack.  Distance was on par to what I see with the TS, if anything a couple of yards average more in carry distance.  Some people might consider playing this shaft a half flex soft with a low spinning head like the Covert 2.0 Tour, SLDR 460/430, BBA - in efforts to gain feel without losing performance.

The one thing that stands out across the board with True Temper is they understand how to make a lightweight shaft perform like a heavy shaft without sacrificing dispersion.

More to come as these are some of my initial thoughts...  When I have enough time with the shaft I plan on producing a bullet point post on the shaft highlights.

The duplicate entry and other information on this shaft can be found at the link below!

http://www.golfwrx.c...60#entry8842327
WITB Link

#457 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• 3,649 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

I was able to take the first step in confirming my Trackman results earlier this week by playing nine holes at the Oregon coast.  The PX LZ continued to impress me with how stable and accurate it was.  Playing at the coast you can expect a lot of wind, rain, sun, etc. in random patterns/waves - so having a shaft perform with the consistency that I experienced added some confidence in the technology and the lighter static weight that I was concerned about.  How many times have we had a great range/Trackman session with a lighter shaft and taken it to the course only to find it "gone wild"?  I was also impressed with the feel and acoustics at impact.  Powerful...  The ball flight proved to be slightly higher than I experienced on Trackman, but still maintained the bullet flat high trajectory.  On the range the shaft wanted to go straight, then straighter, but I found that I could move it slightly in both directions (only a more controlled movement than expected).  Needless to say, this shaft has made it to the next stage and will see 18 holes on Sunday followed by a full writeup/review.
WITB Link

#458 swanry30

swanry30

Lights Out

• 3,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

For those of you interested in the feedback process of the True Temper / GolfWRX testing program - here is a portion of my comments back to TT.

The PX LZ is a very unique shaft…  Adding to some of the comments I gave in the Northern Trust Open thread - this shaft provides a unique blend of distance, accuracy and feel.  For the past four or five years I have been looking for a shaft that is lighter than the 70g+ driver shafts that I typically play to keep the ball in play.  The heavier shaft allows me to know where the club is during the swing and can provide a helpful "swing in tempo" reminder.  When you combine a heavier shaft with a stiff tip or butt section many times you lose the feel or kick value of the shaft during the load/impact zone.  In the past when I have decreased the static weight of the shaft with the stiff butt/tip profile it would be extremely stiff and had very little load into the ball.  Putting it another way the heavier static weight of a 70g+ shaft made the stiff butt/tip profile playable because the extra weight provided a sense of shaft awareness in the swing.  When you transitioned to a softer butt profile shaft in a 60-80g weight I came across the problem of losing the shaft due to the flex point being too close to the handle.  Statically you could feel the mass, but you would lose it again in transition under your hands.  My preference has been sticking to a butt/tip stiff shaft in the 70g+ range as a compromise to the to extremes.  The PX LZ profile blends the stiff tip and butt section with a more active mid section which creates a shaft that you can play in a lighter static weight, feel the shaft through the swing and produce a strong accurate flight.  For me the biggest surprise of this shaft was impact, as you are almost fooled into thinking this shaft is all about stability until crack it explodes off the face and the shaft unloads.  This is unique because some shafts can push you into force loading/unloading the shaft into the ball as opposed to allowing the shaft to unload through impact.  I am thoroughly impressed with this shaft and plan on taking it to the next stage by fine tuning the SW and putting it into meaningful play.
WITB Link

#459 VTHokiefan

VTHokiefan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332159
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Nice stick bud!!  I am in a little bit of a crossroads, I am looking at the new 714 CB or the AP2 irons.  I hit the Ap2 the other day in round and they seemed very clinck-ish.  I took a CB out the other day and hit it with a KBS tour shaft and it felt good. Just trying to get some feed back from some one with the CB's

#460 Pure745

Pure745

Hall of Fame

• 5,909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:Vnty
GolfWRX Likes : 1646

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Was stoked to see this thread bumped.  Ryan, hope you've been well.. miss seeing your posts on here bud!  :drinks:

SLDR 460 9.5˚ - Aldila Rogue 70TX
Bio Cell+ Tour Issue - Rombax P95
Titleist 712U 2-3 - DG Tour X100
Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-9 - DG Tour X100
Vokey SM5 47˚, TVD 54M & 60M
Scotty Cameron 009, Nike Rory Prototype
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#461 AUDuffer

AUDuffer

Major Winner

• 2,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1609
  • Handicap:12.4
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

So what's the latest Ryan?  I see you're still showing the Motore, but I'm guessing you haven't posted recently based on Tai's comment.
Yonex i-EZONE TX 9* Project X LZ60 6.5
Yonex i-EZONE 14* Project X LZ70 6.5
KZG H370 Tour 22*/26* TourSPX VTS S
Yonex i-EZONE 5-PW TourSPX Recoil 95F4
Custom Bettinardi Sig 2
KZG TRS 50*/54*/58* TourSPX Recoil 110F4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors