Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golfsmith components

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 craniac76

craniac76

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151203
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Is Golfsmith releasing new iron heads this year?  I'm interested to see the new Python irons.  

Checked their website and found nothing new this year.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 OldGolfer87

OldGolfer87

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27887
GolfWRX Likes : 139

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

If you look on the golfsmith website and click on 2013 catalog  you can find the head offerings for this year , the 2 things that stood out to me was a white putter head and a iron head called a 695 OS , i think it is a forged head but i did not read it closely , any way the other heads in the 2013 catalog looked the same as last year  and Golfsmith does not have nearly as many new component heads as in past years , i thought that Golftowne based in Canada owns Golfsmith now and was phasing out the component heads  , i know i have read here about golftowne buying golfsmith but i am not sure about the components

#3 craniac76

craniac76

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151203
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostRetiredMedic029, on 10 February 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

If you look on the golfsmith website and click on 2013 catalog  you can find the head offerings for this year , the 2 things that stood out to me was a white putter head and a iron head called a 695 OS , i think it is a forged head but i did not read it closely , any way the other heads in the 2013 catalog looked the same as last year  and Golfsmith does not have nearly as many new component heads as in past years , i thought that Golftowne based in Canada owns Golfsmith now and was phasing out the component heads  , i know i have read here about golftowne buying golfsmith but i am not sure about the components

I checked out their catalog.  There is nothing new this year except the 695OS iron.  That's too bad, I like their Python line...

#4 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 749

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Golfsmith has been phasing out components for a long time now.  Long before Golftown bought them out.

Golfsmith started as a component business, but when the original owner sold out the new management moved into retail clubs to increase their product offerings and profits.  Apparently there isn't much profit in components these days.  Kind of sad.

#5 swbyps

swbyps

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54354
  • Ebay ID:bkammons
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Several years ago I use to play the Golfsmith G40+. To this day I believe those irons felt as good as any ive ever hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors