Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rescoring & repainting fiber inserts.

persimmon restoration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Donall

Donall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225571
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hi Guys, some help needed. I'm currently attempting to restore some Fred Smith Flagmaster persimmon woods, however I am in need of some assistance with the clean up and repair of the fiber inserts that are affixed to same.Although I have read the article on restoring clubs by Dave Woods and have followed same as best I can, the article appears to omit the process for cleaning/painting and restoring the actual insert and the scoring lines. All help appreciated. PS With regard to brass sole plates on persimmon woods, could people advise what grit on files should a person use so as to obtain the best results.

Thanks,
Dan.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Bella Woods

Bella Woods

Bella Woods

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99799
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Donall:

Pick up a copy of Ralph Maltby's book entitled "Golf Club Design, Fitting, Alteration
& Repair (The Principles & Procedures), it has everything you need in it.

Have fun!

Edited by Bella Woods, 07 February 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#3 teevons

teevons

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68116
  • Ebay ID:persimmblade
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Persimmonpal a WRX member has put up lots of different posts on refinishing if you want to search him here on wrx

#4 Donall

Donall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225571
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thanks lads, i'll give both of the above a try. I've just decided to try my hand at some restoration to pass the time over the winter.The wife says I would be better off practicing my putting!!

Also tagged with persimmon, restoration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors