Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

New to S Florida

courses to play?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dbloom136

dbloom136

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117351
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Just moved to the Ft. Lauderdale /Miami area, and looking for some good courses to play. I was in Las Vegas and was used to paying around $50-60 for a deecent course. I play around a 16-17 hcp. i dont mind driving but north Miami and south broward is more the area i am living right now.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Mkodzis

Mkodzis

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121032
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Welcome to the area. ALthough I have been out of the loop/golf for 8 months I have pretty much played 80% of the courses in the palm beach/broward area. One thing I would suggest is getting a SFPGA pass which is about $48. Great deals and gets you on some prvt courses during off season. I would highly recommend Jacaranda in Plantation. There are alot of courses but I am not aware of condition due to being out of the game for a while. Deer creek in Deerfield is nice but pricey. Inverrary isnt bad as well.

#3 Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133246
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostMkodzis, on 20 February 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Welcome to the area. ALthough I have been out of the loop/golf for 8 months I have pretty much played 80% of the courses in the palm beach/broward area. One thing I would suggest is getting a SFPGA pass which is about $48. Great deals and gets you on some prvt courses during off season. I would highly recommend Jacaranda in Plantation. There are alot of courses but I am not aware of condition due to being out of the game for a while. Deer creek in Deerfield is nice but pricey. Inverrary isnt bad as well.

The SFPGA pass is not bad (I have it as well), but there's not a whole lot in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area and most course have time restrictions.  I would recommend the Premier Card.  The link below is just showing the winter deal they have, but it should be updated soon for the summer deal.  Last year it was around $300 for the card and then you pay between $20 and $35 to play depending on the course and day.  It's usually the same courses that are listed on the winter deal and there are no time restrictions.  There are several nice courses to choose from.
http://www.pcmgolf.com/premier2012.php

Here's a link to the the participating course and the deal you get for the SFPGA Pass.
http://www.sfpgagolf...ing-facilities/

#4 dbloom136

dbloom136

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117351
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the info!