Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Possibly the worst day ever.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Shaank0

Shaank0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88406
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

This
Posted Image

Posted Image

turned into this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I now know why people keep their clubs in the trunk.
Lost thousands in clubs, shafts, grips
and even more thousands in club assembly tools.

saddest part is the house is screwed up to mostly from smoke damage. going to have to be gutted.

Still not sure what caused the fire

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
GolfWRX Likes : 775

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Oh my god, I am so sorry......

I have never seen anything like this in my life. Will insurance cover the car and golf equipment?

Edited by Arizonalefty59, 05 February 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#3 KBNYY

KBNYY

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125635
  • Ebay ID:KBNYY0225
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

So sorry to hear! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

#4 teeitlow

teeitlow

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108646
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

That's bad bro...electrical??? If so get a licensed electrician to check the whole house.
-D

#5 Shaank0

Shaank0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostKBNYY, on 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

So sorry to hear! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

View PostArizonalefty59, on 05 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Oh my god, I am so sorry......

I have never seen anything like this in my life. Will insurance cover the car and golf equipment?

Thanks, this is actually my parents house. So they have a year of hard times ahead of them, which really stinks because we just got the interior pretty much remodeled, new doors, carpet, trim, windows etc.. not to mention aluminum siding, and a new roof. While the external stuff is ok besides the garage portion. The interior is destroyed from the smoke.

But here is marketing for Nike,

Flame resistant Swooshes? although I never brought it on the course, I sure loved the VR staff bag.
Posted Image

#6 Shaank0

Shaank0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

View Postteeitlow, on 05 February 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

That's bad bro...electrical??? If so get a licensed electrician to check the whole house.
-D

I am not sure what the cause is, the investigator was out, didn't give us a definitive answer on what caused it. But I am pretty sure he determined electrical wasn't it.

That was my fathers mustang in there, 2005 gt, thing was mint, only had 5k miles on it.

#7 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2501

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Dude.

I honestly don't really know what to say.  So cliched but I'm glad no one was hurt.

So Sorry about the sticks, the GT and the sweet garage set up and of course the house.  :cry:
RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#8 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• 6,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1818

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Man that does suck my friend...tell me your insured.. right?

Look at it like this...you can build an even better golf sanctuary!  

I know that's not much support, but its the best I have for ya.

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

#9 teeitlow

teeitlow

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108646
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

That sucks, man. I had a tube of construction grade adhesive pop off in my shop a few years ago, not sure if it was a cig or an ember from the shop stove. One of the trucks had run over the end of it.
I was in there when it happened, but didn't realize there was a fire until it lit a work bench...scary s***.
-D

#10 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Man, that is terrible.

Sorry to hear it.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 kekoa

kekoa

Hall of Fame

• 6,129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 434

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hey Shaanko.  Sorry to see this man.  Keep your head up and let us know if you need anything.

#12 Shaank0

Shaank0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostKadin 25, on 05 February 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Man that does suck my friend...tell me your insured.. right?

Look at it like this...you can build an even better golf sanctuary!  

I know that's not much support, but its the best I have for ya.

I hope, I dont know how its going to work out as all the steel shafts are unrecognizable, The graphite ones are just plain gone, and I haven't found a lot of the heads.  

I feel bad for my dad he just got his clubs back from getting fit AP2, with PX pxi's and was striping the ball. I found some wedge heads, a ap2 head, and one of his driver heads on the ground. So hopefully we can claim all that was lost without  having the receipts and such. I wouldn't think that the heads of the clubs would of melted or anything, I could be wrong though. Its just a mess.

#13 sharkiesj

sharkiesj

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6582
GolfWRX Likes : 229

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Wow. Just absolutely brutal. My god I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss. That is sickening... It's gonna take awhile but I sincerely hope all the best for you and the family .

#14 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

Powered by the old school

• 4,374 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 652

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Ugh...that is brutal...really hoping they have insurance

#15 nfinch10

nfinch10

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118668
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

I know it's hard to see now, but one day you'll look back and just be really glad no one was hurt.  It's brutal that you lost all the gear/car/equipment, but material things can be replaced, people can't.  My little brother's apt burned down last year and they lost all their gear as well (3 college golfers).  It sucked for sure, but they realized how lucky they were when the firefighter told them that my brother's roomate probably would have died from smoke inhailation had he not been sleeping on a futon on the floor.  Best of luck to you and your family with the recovery, let us know if we can help with anything.

#16 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Agreed, coming from someone who lost a friend in college to a fire, be glad is was just material things.  Insurance will take care of the rest, just give your parents any help they need.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

#17 jegg

jegg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19023
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Oh my... That's terrible! Good nobody was hurt though.
Kinda know how you feel as my buddy just lost his entire house in NY cause of Sandy. I hope you have more luck with insurance than the people in NY/NJ area are!

Best wishes getting everything replaced

#18 J13

J13

@jminis13

• 9,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 1492

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

That is a bad day for sure.  Glad no one was injured.
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#19 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

#CallaWRX2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
GolfWRX Likes : 619

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Oh man what a bummer. I hope things turn up on the bright side for all of you.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9.0
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Wedge: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Chrome 60
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

#20 faberj12

faberj12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76664
  • Handicap:2.1
  • Ebay ID:faberj12
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Maybe those original pictures in your first post may help in the claiming of some of the stuff that burned up or melted completely.  It shows clearly the two bags there full of clubs so maybe if you've found the burnt bags there can be some sort of claim made based on that.  I hope all turns out well and thankfully nobody was hurt.  I'm sure I can speak for everyone on here when I say we're all sending good vibes your way.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 Shaank0

Shaank0

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. It is a blessing no one got hurt. The parents are still in shock, luckily I am free to help them out for a week or two. The next few days we will see what is going to happen. a couple contractors and a company that decides what gets saved/cleaned, and what gets replaced/thrown out. occurs tomorrow. I am sure its going to be a headache for the most part.

Like I said my Dad and I are more worried about the golf equipment as there were multiple sets of irons, drivers, putters. shafts etc.. High end stuff. That we dont have reciepts for because we built the clubs our selves along with ordering a lot of stuff from BST and such.

The house is going to have to be gutted to the studs, treated for smoke damage, and everything else. While this could be looked at as a remodel in some peoples eyes which might take the sting out of the whole process thats going to take place, we were almost done remodeling the entire house both interior and exterior.  So that is kind of depressing to them. Both are in shock. The past few days I have just been trying to keep them on task with canceling services that wont be needed until the house is livable again, Along with an extra set of ears dealing with the agents, and contractors making sure the right questions are asked and the information being told is not missed.

Thanks again for all your thoughts.

#22 dmalli

dmalli

Puma Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Glad no one was hurt. Sorry for all that was lost. Hope everything comes back together well.

#23 diabolo

diabolo

Pilam oculis capta

• 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99939
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Wow! very sorry that you guys are dealing with this, S.

As others have said, at least nobody got hurt and although a lengthy and tedious process, insurance will take care of most of the stuff.

Edited by diabolo, 07 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Ping G30 10.5 Motore Speeder VC 6.2 TS
TEE XCG7B 3/15 Matrix 7M3.1 Black Tie S
TEE XCG7B 3/19 Matrix 7M3.1 Black Tie S
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-Pw KBS Tour S
Bettinardi BB5 34" Tour Issue
Scor 50/54/58 DG Spinner

#24 BuckeyePaul01

BuckeyePaul01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193212
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Look on the bright side........................................at least the car wasn't a 70' cuda...................(something cool)

#25 leoh923

leoh923

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71328
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostBuckeyePaul01, on 07 February 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Look on the bright side........................................at least the car wasn't a 70' cuda...................(something cool)

Really?? The guy and his parents lose everything, and the car they lost wasn't cool enough?? I hope you were making a lame attempt at humor, otherwise this is wrong in a bunch of different ways....

#26 JBirdUt

JBirdUt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180076
  • Ebay ID:J.r.1968
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Sorry for everyone's loss.  Hopefully, something positive can come from this.

#27 Olson12

Olson12

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Handicap:2.9
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostShaank0, on 06 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. It is a blessing no one got hurt. The parents are still in shock, luckily I am free to help them out for a week or two. The next few days we will see what is going to happen. a couple contractors and a company that decides what gets saved/cleaned, and what gets replaced/thrown out. occurs tomorrow. I am sure its going to be a headache for the most part.

Like I said my Dad and I are more worried about the golf equipment as there were multiple sets of irons, drivers, putters. shafts etc.. High end stuff. That we dont have reciepts for because we built the clubs our selves along with ordering a lot of stuff from BST and such.

The house is going to have to be gutted to the studs, treated for smoke damage, and everything else. While this could be looked at as a remodel in some peoples eyes which might take the sting out of the whole process thats going to take place, we were almost done remodeling the entire house both interior and exterior.  So that is kind of depressing to them. Both are in shock. The past few days I have just been trying to keep them on task with canceling services that wont be needed until the house is livable again, Along with an extra set of ears dealing with the agents, and contractors making sure the right questions are asked and the information being told is not missed.

Thanks again for all your thoughts.

If you bought the items through PayPal you should be able to track down at least some of the purchases.  Also if you have any pictures of you two playing golf together, your WITB etc that all should help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors