Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swing / Trackman questions (thanks Monte)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mallrat

mallrat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

So in a effort to eliminate a reverse pivot my swing has flattened out. To get a term from Monte it feels like my hands are deep now instead of high. Is this necessarily a bad thing and how can I change it?

The basis for this is my numbers on a Trackman. My path is generally 2 to 4 degrees in to out and I still do a good job of hitting down on the ball. However, my vertical swing plane stays around 57 (8 & 9 iron) to 52 (4 & 5 iron).

This has all come from a few people (BIG THANKS Monte) pointing out a reverse pivot along with my instructor noticing I wasn't keeping my hips flat in my turn. After working on this for about 2 months I had my best ball striking round in about 6 months but my instructor would still like my swing plane to be a little more vertical. When I would get the numbers around where (59 - 60 for a 9 iron) he liked it felt like my arms were disconnecting but I was still hitting it well.

Can anyone provide me with some feedback?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 PutterKilledTheDream

PutterKilledTheDream

" it's definitely your spin loft bro..."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204131
GolfWRX Likes : 427

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

What are your misses? Just keep in mind that your swing plane along with attack angle influence your path. A shallower swing plane with a significant downward angle of attack will create an inside to out path. Your swing plane is a bit hard to change as it is unique to your indvidual swing, body build, arm length, ect. Just curious why your instructor wants a more upright swing? If you are fighting hooks, than another option with your numbers would be to shift your swing direction to the left a bit. With a slightly open body and stance you can still hit down on the ball and your true path will get closer to being down the line vs. inside out. It would also be helpful to know what your face to path relationship numbers looks like as well.

#3 mallrat

mallrat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122361
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Before my miss was a pull draw or a ball that would draw to much.

So to understand, I was hitting some beautiful shots that were dead in the center of the clubface swinging left but my numbers were a good bit inside out. The direction was around 5-6 degrees inside out with a 4 - 5 degree open face. They were perfect high baby draws. But I've always had a naturally closed clubface and am trying to correct that.

The latter you pointed out is where he was trying to get me to go. Swinging more left and taking my hands back higher to get my numbers closer to zero. I've always had to line up 5 -10 yards right of target and he's trying to get me away from that.

My tendencies have always been for the ball to draw more than I'd like or a pull draw.

#4 cogo22

cogo22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185816
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

if your FtP relationship was always within 1-2 degrees why would you change that? When you are getting these numbers are you making sure that you are aimed correctly or is part of that that you are lined up to the right of where you should be w/ TM? Just some food for thought. It is NOT always ideal to try and zero everything out...just make sure you know why you're doing something before you do it because it 'sounds good'. Make sure you know where the ball is hitting the face firstly and then make sure you have a consistent starting line of the ball...go from there.

#5 PutterKilledTheDream

PutterKilledTheDream

" it's definitely your spin loft bro..."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204131
GolfWRX Likes : 427

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Agree with Cogo...it doesn't always make sense to try to get a zero'd out path if it's not repeatable to you. I can't imagine if you were truly 'swinging left' or the base of your swing is left of your target line than your path wouldn't be in the +5-6* range. Your face to path relationship suggests that you'd hit a straight push because the alignments are pretty close to square at impact. With a driver those numbers would create a perfect push draw scenario, but with a iron however you'd get a pretty straight ball flight. You could potentially be impacting the ball slightly toward the toe however, even marginally, and getting a bit of gear effect causing the draw. With the numbers your reporting, if you are hitting the clubface squarely, you'll never have to worry about over drawing the ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors