Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway X forged irons

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markp

markp

golfdude

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4696
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Wanted to see who has hit these irons and opinions?  I had the opportunity to try all the new callaway equipment yesterday even being as cold as it was here outside 34 degrees  a few of us were able to go to a heated driving range and try the new callaway clubs. For me I thought the Xhot pro's were going to be my iron choice but when all was said and done I fell in love with the new X forged with the stock PX pxi shaft I have not hit a forged iron that felt that good and easy to hit since my Hogan apex plus irons.
I am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I ordered the irons yesterday should have them in about 2 weeks can't wait for the season to start

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 markp

markp

golfdude

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Bumping my post anyone gaming these irons and have a few rounds on them?

#3 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21573
  • Handicap:3.2
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

I have not hit them outside, but I am in the same situation you were in.  The X-forged are just flat out sexy, and I honestly thought they were just about as easy to hit as the X-Hot Pro.  I am thinking it might have something to do with the PXi shaft, but I they feel and perform really well.  I was really surprised as well, because in terms of shape and size they are really that much difference either.  It is hard having so many good choices this year.
Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

#4 markp

markp

golfdude

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostPingDrv00, on 04 February 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I have not hit them outside, but I am in the same situation you were in.  The X-forged are just flat out sexy, and I honestly thought they were just about as easy to hit as the X-Hot Pro.  I am thinking it might have something to do with the PXi shaft, but I they feel and perform really well.  I was really surprised as well, because in terms of shape and size they are really that much difference either.  It is hard having so many good choices this year.
I agree with you I do belive that the PX shaft in them help with a little more active tip section vs the regular PX shaft.

#5 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21573
  • Handicap:3.2
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

What ever it is they sure are sexy, and really are a great feeling combo.  I really think there is no way to go wrong with either.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

#6 Jericho

Jericho

Puttin' for birdie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129498
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I hit them Thursday night and then again on Saturday.

Thursday- Demo day was on mats and walked away saying it was waaaay too much club however I hit the X-hot pro relatively well.

Saturday- Demo day was on grass. Walked away saying the x-hot pro is definitely head and shoulders more forgiving HOWEVER I am not nearly as intimidated at the x-forged as I originally thought. Hell I hit the x-forged in stiff, x-stiff and then the Razr MB all back to back and found them to feel the same. Off center hits means 20 yard pitch whereas the x-hot pros meant a 10-15 yard pitch.

They are definitely sexy.

I am your mid capper who plays great on the range but cannot mentally take it to the course, so on the range my ballstriking is pretty good. I will end this by saying that anyone who says that these clubs are the least bit forgiving is out of their minds. I hit every callaway iron this weekend and will say the x-forged is much closer to the muscle back than either of the x-hots.
Callaway Razr Fit 9.5 (AD DI 7S)
Callaway Razr Fit 15 (Diamana BB)
Callaway Razr X HL 21 (Diamana D+)
Callaway '13 X-Forged 4-PW (C-Taper)
Callaway Forged 52-56-60
SC Studio Select Newport 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors