Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PING G25 tfc189f shaft - Stiff vs. Tour Stiff Comparison?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pbr2121

pbr2121

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64965
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Has anyone had a chance to hit the G25 wood range with both the stiff and tour stiff versions of the stock shaft offering?  Thanks for any info you can share. Particularly interested in shaft preference in relation to swing speed and tempo.

PING G20 Driver w/ Aldila VS Proto
PING Rapture DI
PING Anser Irons 3-P w/ Nippon Modus 3
PING Gorge wedges; 52, 56, 60
Sydney w/ Two Thumbs Grip!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 bandrz

bandrz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167841
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

not G25 but I have a G20 with a TFC X-Flex cut down to 45.5"    My driver clubhead speed was 109 on average during my fitting and my swing is short and quick.  For what it is worth, the X flex felt about the same as my previous stiff flex shaft which was a graffoly pro launch red.  The tour versions launched way too low for me.  I'm not sure about the clubhead weight of the 25 vs the 20 but the G20 head coupled with the relatively light TFC shaft is what let me to choose an X flex.  None of my other clubs are X and i've never been fitted into one in the past.  Lastly, the combo works great for me.  higher launch, straight, low spin bombs.  G20's not going anywhere any time soon.

now the G25 3 wood?......mmmmmmmm

#3 sharkiesj

sharkiesj

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6582
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Maybe I'm way way off here but I was lead to believe that the Tour Stiff shaft launches the ball a 1/2 to 1 degree lower than the normal Ping stock stiff. Thus one can kinda dial in a better fitting on a LM with loft and shaft specs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors