Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

swing thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coderman1

coderman1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 224603
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Forgive the bad video, its kind of hard to take video of myself with my phone...

I have been trying to work on my swing path lately. I hit the ball pretty decent with the driver but often times hit the double cross and slices off the heel. In looking at this video I can see why. It looks as though Im taking it outside and coming over the top. In fact you can see how far left the ball starts from where I am aiming.  Also, if you can pause it just before impact and immediately after you can see the club head going left the whole way. This mirrors what I am seeing with my divots on my irons. My divots are regularly left of target with a shape similar to this:

\            |              \
                               \           |               \
                                \                           \
                                  ----------------------

(the arrow represents ball direction and aim)

Is there something in my swing causing this or just alignment/takeaway issues?

Thanks in advance!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 whatsecret

whatsecret

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125536
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Your divots should point left as thats the natural direction of the swing path after low point.

When I used to slice it badly it was because my body was too closed to the target (ironically to try and stop slicing the ball). For me, the squarer I stand the more likely the face will naturally try to close which for me made me hold off and slice. For the same reasn, standing more open helps me lose the weight of the club easier and properly swing the handle, which helps control the face easier.

#3 coderman1

coderman1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

What I am more worried about are the double crosses, pulls and slices. I think you can see in the video that my feet are aimed way right (which I will correct) and the ball goes way left of that.

#4 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

The Mad Bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
GolfWRX Likes : 2624

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Your setup.  To straight up and down doesn't give your arms enough room.  More bend at waist/hips, less at the knees.
Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
I am Gavrilo Princip

#5 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119650
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Looks like your feet are pointing right whilst your shoulders are set up left (open). The ball also looks well forwards which is giving you a lot of time to close the face... not necessarily a bad thing as it'll stop you slicing but if you roll your hands a sniff then the ball is going left.

#6 coderman1

coderman1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Monte,

Any tips on knowing when my posture is right? Ive always wondered if i was too close too far or ball position is right too

#7 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

The Mad Bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
GolfWRX Likes : 2624

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Take a divot and address it.

Pulling the handle