Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Just bought my first Scotty

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 k_smitty74

k_smitty74

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184786
  • Ebay ID:k_smitty74
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys,

I just bought my first Scotty cameron putter. (Futura) I know I know, many of you think they're incredibly ugly, but I've been in love since it came out. Picked it up on eBay for $75, from the pics it looked to be in really good shape. I'm kind of wondering though about sending it back to the factory to have it worked on...have any of you done this before? How much does it cost. Is it worth the money? What about doing some custom paint fill?

Thanks for any input guys!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Bottlenosedolphin

Bottlenosedolphin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187622
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

im pretty sure the cameron shop wont work on any aluminum putters.  If you want to get it reworked you may have to choose a 3rd party service.

#3 schuyler

schuyler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118929
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Depends what you want to have done. If you want to get it refinished, it takes about 2 months and a little over a $100 I believe. Other work takes much less time but is very expensive if you have them do it, compared to other places doing the work. If you go on the website you can see the prices for all the different things you can have done. Is it worth it? Depends. If you just want new paintfill, then no. If you just wanted to get it refinished I would go to a place like bos, it's cheaper and if you pay an extra $30 you can have it back in 2 weeks. If you want it to be blinged out with exclusive SC headcovers, grips, And Scotty Cameron stamps, then the only place to have it done is Scotty Cameron custom shop, as a they have a lot of very cool exclusive custom options that only they offer. If you do the custom shop route, you can really increase the value of the putter. If you just want paintfill, then just do it yourself. It is SUUUUPER easy. There is probably a million DIY threads on here.

Btw, congrats on popping your Cameron cherry. Won't be long before you start choosing sides in the oh so ugly "Team Scotty vs Team Betti vs *insert putter brand here*" type threads/wars.

#4 pgagreg1

pgagreg1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123073
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

a putter that has won on the PGA tour
sometimes ugly is good

#5 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,884 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 1312

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Congrats on your first Cameron putter. I have 3 Futuras that I will never sell. GREAT putters!

I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE
========================================

#6 jnradioactive

jnradioactive

JNRadio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44297
GolfWRX Likes : 714

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Maybe the custom shop can work it into a Newport...

#7 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
  • Handicap:7ish
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I've gamed a Futura a couple years ago for a little bit, and I found it to be a nice flat stick.  (lumpy stick?)  It's odd looking, but not more so than TM's collection of odd stuff, and even stoic Ping has the nome and that other thing with the red aluminum piece.  Roll what you want to.  

As for paint fill, it might be worth looking into doing it yourself.  It's not terribly difficult, and far cheaper than sending it in.  The only time that a paint fill isn't  kind of expensive at the custom shop is if you're planning on grabbing a new grip and headcover in the process.  Paint fill, grip and headcover for $100 isn't awful, whereas just the paintfill for what, $50 or so seems excessive.
Blue Biocell, Aldila NV
Jetspeed 3 wood
Mizzy JPX800 pros, x100 shafts
Mizzy JPX 54/58
Futura X

#8 k_smitty74

k_smitty74

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys! Got it in the mail today, and the putter is in great condition, the seller said 8/10 and I'd say he's right on with that....now here's where I'm at. I'm looking to buy a set of Cobra Amp irons in the near future so I was looking to do some work on the Scotty in the meantime. It's got a brand new Ping grip on it, although I was thinking going with an iomic or a super stroke, this ping is in brand new condition and I actually really like the feel...

So my question is: where can I find weights for it? (New or used scotty or aftermarket) I've looked online and can't find much as everything I can find is for the studio line. ....and can someone post a link to a site or a thread here on a how to paint fill, where to get the paint etc? Also the headcover has seen better days, so im thinking about a new headcover, and pivot tool, but possibly getting a pivot tool to match the paint fill. Any eBay sellers, or websites specialize in that kind of stuff?

#9 sobo

sobo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63508
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Congrats on your Scotty.  Now get out and use it, don't baby the thing!

#10 trapp120

trapp120

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 226119
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

sight unseen, never rolled it...man, glw that.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 502 to Right

502 to Right

Badds

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23773
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1681

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

You are now elite.
Driver through LW: mostly Cleveland
Putter: Anser 2 style made by Titleist

#12 k_smitty74

k_smitty74

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Posttrapp120, on 01 February 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

sight unseen, never rolled it...man, glw that.

It came off eBay, so I wouldn't say sight unseen. And I've rolled plenty of them before, had just not owned one.

#13 tocino

tocino

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Congrats! I too popped my Scotty cherry 2 weeks ago when I picked up a kombi!

I kinda want a kombi s version now just to compare the steel vs aluminum heads
Titleist 910D2 10.5* Motorspeeder 757 S
Titleist 910F 15* Matrix Radix HD7 XS
Titleist 910H 21* Ahina 90HB S
Titleist 710 AP1/AP2 4-PW S300
Vokey SM4 50*12, 54*11, SM5 58*M S200
SC Studio Select Kombi-S, SS 3.0 Grip

#14 gmangolf

gmangolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postk_smitty74, on 31 January 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Thanks for all the advice guys! Got it in the mail today, and the putter is in great condition, the seller said 8/10 and I'd say he's right on with that....now here's where I'm at. I'm looking to buy a set of Cobra Amp irons in the near future so I was looking to do some work on the Scotty in the meantime. It's got a brand new Ping grip on it, although I was thinking going with an iomic or a super stroke, this ping is in brand new condition and I actually really like the feel...

So my question is: where can I find weights for it? (New or used scotty or aftermarket) I've looked online and can't find much as everything I can find is for the studio line. ....and can someone post a link to a site or a thread here on a how to paint fill, where to get the paint etc? Also the headcover has seen better days, so im thinking about a new headcover, and pivot tool, but possibly getting a pivot tool to match the paint fill. Any eBay sellers, or websites specialize in that kind of stuff?

eBay for the weight. Don't know if they'll still be selling them but I bought a red weight w/ sightline and my name engraved from eBay many years ago. Wish I still had the putter to go with!

#15 k_smitty74

k_smitty74

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I haven't been able to find the weight on eBay, unless I'm looking in the wrong place I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors