Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Albatross/Double Eagle Thread

61 replies to this topic

#61 yorkshiregolf

yorkshiregolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20539
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

At 17 I once played the worst 7 holes I possibly could. I was 5 over par and really fired. 17th par 3 hit it to about 3inches for tap in birdie. 18th par 5, hit driver and a three wood (old flextwist shaft Taylor made burner) into the wind and nailed it at the flag. Walked up and ball was looking close-when I got to the green I was resting on the front of the cup. Like half a turn and it would have dropped for an albatross.

Finished back 9 level par for a 74!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 yorkshiregolf

yorkshiregolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20539
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostTy_Webb, on 19 March 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

View PostWRXClarky, on 19 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Par 5 6th hole at my old home course. Hit a 4 Hybrid from 205, landed on the front and rolled at least 40 feet into the cup. Beauty of it was that I was in my club match play comp and was getting a stroke on the hole from my opponent. I was 3 down after 5, not off to a great start. So, then scored the 2 net 1. :) I put it down on the card as a 1 on a par 5 with a big asterik beside it. Match went to 18th hole where he hit it OB to lose the match. He never stopped talking about having to give me strokes after I holed the albatross. Sold the club to my regular playing partner the next day as I knew all the luck was gone in that club.

Awesome! But I would love to be giving a shot to a guy who gets an albatross. That's a waste of a shot! If his implication was that he would have got a half if he weren't giving the shot, then he's crazy.

Side note - there's a plaque at my course on one of the par threes saying that two guys playing against each other both got a hole in one. The story goes that the first guy owed the second guy a shot on the hole, so he ended up losing it. That's fairly harsh.

Ha! I played a county league match in fourball medal format. Best score from each pair to count for 18 holes. First hole at the club we were playing was a par 3 at 140 yards. Group in front of us teed off; first guy stiffs it, his partner holes it, next guy middle of green, last guy holes it! Their scores were 1,1,2,3!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors