Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Fat guy lost all distance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Par-A-Medic

Par-A-Medic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179188
  • Ebay ID:swvafiremedic
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I have lost all my distance. Can't break my wrists to get to a full swing any help, anything else wrong here? HELP!!!

Edited by Par-A-Medic, 29 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 kschneid

kschneid

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221193
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

There are a few issues that I could point out to you. First of all, you take the club back way too far inside and it is actually restricting your backswing. You need to get the butt end of the club pointing down towards your toes more. When your left arm is parallel to the ground, the butt of your club is pointing out towards the ball, which is not a good position. If you get it pointing towards your toes, that will automatically help with your wrist issues. You will have a wrist hinge and a longer backswing. Just another thing that I can see is that you are rolling your clubface wide open in your backswing. This might be, in part, due to the fact that you take it back so far inside, but, it is something to work on none the less. Just try getting that butt of the club pointing towards your toes and you should see some better results. Hope this makes sense.

#3 Par-A-Medic

Par-A-Medic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

It does make sense, this is a fall back swing, havent played 6 -7 rounds since november and no swings for a few weeks ( i am nursing a broken foot). I guess i need to rep my orange whip to death, it causes me to wrist c0ck, any other ideas for drill, to get this "ingrained" i dont wanna fight this for years lol

#4 OldGolfer87

OldGolfer87

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27887
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I was in the same boat as you , before gastric bypass i weighed around 140 kilo's and using wedge with 48* i hit it 130-135 and after getting to about 85 kg i could hit the same club only 120 and now add injuries and age i need a 44 degree wedge now to get that distance  , and i tried many different thoughts to get distance back with not much success ,   if it makes you feel any different the PGA player Carl Petterson had his swing go absolutely haywire after his weight loss , so much so that he gained the weight back

#5 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

This is going to sound really out there, but I believe you need to get the club on a steeper plane on the backstroke, and you need to get the club back a little further and higher. There is something in my studies called "the magic of the right forearm." Nobody shows the simplicity of what I'm getting at than Martin Chuck in one of my favorite golf swing clips. Hopefully Martin will see this and jump in if I am off base. I hope this helps, and if not, you are certain to get some good feedback from others. Good luck!

I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#6 Par-A-Medic

Par-A-Medic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

whats funny about martins video popping up is i recently got a tsp and i can hit it 7-8/10 times..... but his advise is golden and the tsp is the real deal. I feel like part of this may have come also from trying to hit 3/4 iron shots most of the time. It is very rare for me to hit a full iron shot, and definitley not a wedge but to do these kind of control, shots i dont take it back as far and usually inside a ton..... i just scheduled some lessons with my cousin at cambell u, but its goingto be a month or so.

#7 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Good luck man! I'm a big guy too, and fighting the same issues. Using my right side to get the club back is a lot easier for me than trying to push it with my left...
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors