Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Takeaway thoughts

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119644
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

Trying to work on getting my right arm in a much stronger position at the top, at the moment i'm losing the plane through a lack of consistent placement at the top...and when videoing down the line I can not see the club which when I see video examples you rarely see this unless its John Daly...:) So I beleive this is due to how i'm getting to this point.

Any thoughts for me to share?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 A.G.Blade

A.G.Blade

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113847
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

im a little confused by your description; thare are many good positions at the top. you should post a video

#3 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I don't like posting swings really.....

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=6QDbtn8pQDg

Don't laugh this was the only vid I've got in 240fps and it was uploaded for a joke...notice the head falling off! Those dam cobra clubs are still going!

I want more stability at the top to control the arms at the top so when coming down i cani get more in/out.

Opinion welcome

#4 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119650
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Stupid question... where is that filmed Daniel?

#5 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostHappyGolf, on 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Possibly NOT a stupid question after all..... you're a member at the same course as me!!!!! :pimp:

I just logged in and now I know your address and mobile number  LOLOLOLOL :victory:

I thought it looked familiar!

I'll be there tomorrow I expect,... if it's open.

#6 carrera

carrera

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I can post this in the "Website Help" section, but I can't access the YouTube video above from my laptop...takes me to a YouTube mobile page.  Is it just me?   Has happened on occasion with other YouTube links.

#7 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostHappyGolf, on 29 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostHappyGolf, on 29 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Possibly NOT a stupid question after all..... you're a member at the same course as me!!!!! :pimp:

I just logged in and now I know your address and mobile number  LOLOLOLOL :victory:

I thought it looked familiar!

I'll be there tomorrow I expect,... if it's open.

You should know me...my names on the board in the clubhouse....twice :)

#8 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

View Postcarrera, on 29 January 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

I can post this in the "Website Help" section, but I can't access the YouTube video above from my laptop...takes me to a YouTube mobile page.  Is it just me?   Has happened on occasion with other YouTube links.

Ah this was due to me copying the link from a mobile device :(

#9 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

The problem in your takeaway in not so much in  your takeaway ,per se,but in your lack of shallowing going back and your our  of position right elbow.This two leads to a steep postion by the end of transition

#10 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I thought I was too shallow going back...i.e. the club wrapped round the body more.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostDaniel Eason, on 30 January 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I thought I was too shallow going back...i.e. the club wrapped round the body more.
Interestingly in the swing starting at 3:13 you are very steep  by the end of transition,but in the  swing starting at 4:53  you are  not and have gotten the club way behind the body
To help correct both of these try keeping the triangle of your arms/shaft completely intact until at least 7:30 of your backswing or preferably even longer.This means that if the butt of the club is pointing between your left shoulder and your head at setup, it should continue to do so  at 7:30

#12 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostDaniel Eason, on 30 January 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

You should know me...my names on the board in the clubhouse....twice :)

Off your h/cap they had better be for stableford comps!!! :)

Didn't go today,... didn't wake up until 2pm :pimp:

#13 alwaysatrueswinger

alwaysatrueswinger

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 154925
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Theres a lot of good movements in the practice swings, but when you actually make your swing your takeoff is so far in front of you that you feel you have to compensate and then you get to inside and almost loses the club behind you. In the rehearsing parts i expect a rather typical, upright, two plane swing and then when you finally (at last :) ) make a real swing at the ball...well you surprise me. When youre left arm is horisontal in the backswing have the shaft pointing at the right shoulder. And then just make a free swing from there and try to get the shaft coming up at the left shoulder after impact (you show me you can in the rehearsing parts in the video. Just do a punchy motion. Think thumbs up - swing down - and then thumbs up again. Good Luck!

#14 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postalwaysatrueswinger, on 30 January 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Theres a lot of good movements in the practice swings, but when you actually make your swing your takeoff is so far in front of you that you feel you have to compensate and then you get to inside and almost loses the club behind you. In the rehearsing parts i expect a rather typical, upright, two plane swing and then when you finally (at last :) ) make a real swing at the ball...well you surprise me. When youre left arm is horisontal in the backswing have the shaft pointing at the right shoulder. And then just make a free swing from there and try to get the shaft coming up at the left shoulder after impact (you show me you can in the rehearsing parts in the video. Just do a punchy motion. Think thumbs up - swing down - and then thumbs up again. Good Luck!

Not sure I understand what you mean on having the shaft point at the right shoulder...what part of it?

View Postrussc, on 30 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Interestingly in the swing starting at 3:13 you are very steep  by the end of transition,but in the  swing starting at 4:53  you are  not and have gotten the club way behind the body
To help correct both of these try keeping the triangle of your arms/shaft completely intact until at least 7:30 of your backswing or preferably even longer.This means that if the butt of the club is pointing between your left shoulder and your head at setup, it should continue to do so  at 7:30

Yes know this feeling but I tend to reverse pivot too much...views on this?

Annoying as I love my practice swing who is a 4 hcp :)

#15 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Looks like you just tuck the right elbow too much and allow it to get behind your right ribs, causing/allowing you to over swing. Not much happening weight-wise in transition either. Practice swings look nice :)

#16 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostHappyGolf, on 30 January 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Looks like you just tuck the right elbow too much and allow it to get behind your right ribs, causing/allowing you to over swing. Not much happening weight-wise in transition either. Practice swings look nice :)

Thanks but I don't take tips from competition :) btw I've sent you a message.

#17 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostDaniel Eason, on 30 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Not sure I understand what you mean on having the shaft point at the right shoulder...what part of it?

Reverse pivots often are related to setting up with too vertical a spine and a lateral sway going back
Another factor in your swing is that you may be creating runoff going back.This means that your arms and hands are continuing to move after your shoulder turn has stopped

#18 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostDaniel Eason, on 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Thanks but I don't take tips from competition :) btw I've sent you a message.

Ha!!.... and I've replied..... and if I considered you to be 'competition' I'd be telling you that you'd swing better if you stood on your hands!! :pimp:

#19 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Gee thanks

#20 JPGolf FL

JPGolf FL

Once won a charity scramble.....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 192708
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sounds like a match is in order!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

View Postthesponge, on 31 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Sounds like a match is in order!

Ha! That's probably why I dragged myself to the practice ground today :)

I hit 20 balls and left frozen like an ice cube!!!... don't know why I put myself through it sometimes,... soggy shoes, wet clothes, freezing hands and bored talking to myself saying "Don't go home just yet, don't go home just yet, don't go home.........." :stink:

Lasted about 15 minutes :(

LOLOL

#22 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I wouldn't go tomorrow mate you'll be adding soaked onto that list with our forecast!

#23 alwaysatrueswinger

alwaysatrueswinger

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 154925
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostDaniel Eason, on 30 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I mean you should keep your shaft more in front of you. In the position where your left arm is horizontal, I would like youre club shaft in line with your left shoulder or we could say that the butt of your shaft is pointing at the ball. Doesnt have to be hundra procent on the ball but maybe not more than 4-5
inches inside the ball or outside of the ball. Then you are in a good position to finish a good back swing. Someone wrote that your arms cant keep going because the shoulders have stopped to turn. Thats just stupid. It can be good for some, who like to stay very compact, or in a wedge shot. I agree though with the poster who said that your right elbow gets tucked in. Its the same point I am trying to make, but I try to help you a little more by giving you a position to try to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors