Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Can anyone explain why Tiger can hit irons so well and driver so bad?


184 replies to this topic

#1 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't understand this at all. He's been really impressive with irons and driver is just awful. What gives? any ideas? Please don't tell me it's equipment.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 QMany

QMany

    Flush Sprayer

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113894
  • Joined: 08/30/2010
  • Location:Kansas City
  • Handicap:2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 999

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wasn't he leading in driving distance and fifth in driving accuracy?
SLDR (10.5) Elements Chrome F4T
Stage 2 Tour (14.5) VS Proto 80
Stage 2 Tour (17.5) Black Tie Hm3 95
To be determined ...
TP MB-MC (4-PW) KBS Tour
TP (54 and 60) KBS Tour

#3 jay65

jay65

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Personally I would like to see him with a heavier shaft in his Driver.

#4 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

The swing pattern he is using is too steep and his arms don't have enough room.

I criticized his swing on my blog and got lots of haters after the results this week.

You can hit the driver 50-100 yards off line at Torrey Pines and still shoot low.  Tiger judges himself on majors and he won't win majors with this swing because driver will not hold up under major pressure.

Edited by MonteScheinblum, 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM.

Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
.
.
I am Gavrilo Princip

#5 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

    Powered by the old school

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 565

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I don't know that his driver has been awful...wasn't he at (near) the top in total driving over rnds 1 and 2???


#6 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119650
  • Joined: 12/31/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm not enjoying seeing him try to hit fades from a square stance... too easy to sneak the face closed and pull 'em, would rather see him 20 degrees open (lined up down the left side).

#7 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostHappyGolf, on 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I'm not enjoying seeing him try to hit fades from a square stance... too easy to sneak the face closed and pull 'em, would rather see him 20 degrees open (lined up down the left side).

Good call.  Especially he way he is swinging.
Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
.
.
I am Gavrilo Princip

#8 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

In terms of the stats on his driving, I don't buy it for 2 reasons. 1, he is amazing with stinger irons and 3 woods. Hits them a mile, doesn't miss them as much, so it inflates his stats. and 2, generally really good drivers don't miss it off the map and on both sides so often. Not even using Hogan as a benchmark, but I think Jack was much last likely to spray his driver than tiger, and tiger is probably a better iron player. But by can't drive it, I mean with his driver, not with 3 iron or 3 wood which he can mash.

View Posttopekareal, on 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I don't know that his driver has been awful...wasn't he at (near) the top in total driving over rnds 1 and 2???


#9 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

    Powered by the old school

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 565

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostHappyGolf, on 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I'm not enjoying seeing him try to hit fades from a square stance... too easy to sneak the face closed and pull 'em, would rather see him 20 degrees open (lined up down the left side).

Good call.  Especially he way he is swinging.

I don't know enough about the swing to answer my own question, so I'll toss it out there...Maybe Monte has some good insight....if his swing is ill-suited to drive it straight consistently, what does he need to do to fix it?

#10 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 1,143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
  • Joined: 06/11/2012
  • Location:San Diego, Calfornia
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

You really realize how good Tiger is when his not playing his best and leading the field by 6 strokes. I am really enjoying seeing him leading tournaments again.

RYAN

Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Website: http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

The swing pattern he is using is too steep and his arms don't have enough room.

I criticized his swing on my blog and got lots of haters after the results this week.

You can hit the driver 50-100 yards off line at Torrey Pines and still shoot low.  Tiger judges himself on majors and he won't win majors with this swing because driver will not hold up under major pressure.
Monte, could you do a video on Tiger and why the pattern has so many issues with the driver? I'd love to see it. I'm sure we could all learn from it. I'll check out your blog too, I didn't realize you had one.

#12 tylerdurden

tylerdurden

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132912
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostFairwayGolfUSA.com, on 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

You really realize how good Tiger is when his not playing his best and leading the field by 6 strokes. I am really enjoying seeing him leading tournaments again.

RYAN
DITTO, I'm a huge Tiger fan, I just wish he could hit the big stick consistently strait because he'd be a world beater and I'd love to see Brandel's reaction and Wayne D make a told-you-so video lol.

#13 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 1628

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Posttylerdurden, on 28 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

The swing pattern he is using is too steep and his arms don't have enough room.

I criticized his swing on my blog and got lots of haters after the results this week.

You can hit the driver 50-100 yards off line at Torrey Pines and still shoot low.  Tiger judges himself on majors and he won't win majors with this swing because driver will not hold up under major pressure.
Monte, could you do a video on Tiger and why the pattern has so many issues with the driver? I'd love to see it. I'm sure we could all learn from it. I'll check out your blog too, I didn't realize you had one.

Will cost you 5K and hook him up with a hot model. Only being fair.
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#14 HappyGolf

HappyGolf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119650
  • Joined: 12/31/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

This is the way to do it... aimed at the left bunker and sliding it off of it.....



#15 ej002

ej002

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27552
  • Joined: 04/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

He was hitting his driver really well days one and two and round three. Not many stingers or 3 woods at all.  He looked good, also his misses were minimal.  I am not sure how you get terrible from that.  As of about mid-way through the 3rd, he was 1st in overall distance and 5th in accuracy.   I think he  would take that any day.   It seems like when he sets up to hit a draw, he loses his rythem and messes him up for a few holes.  Stick with the fade and leave it alone.


#16 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Posttopekareal, on 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostHappyGolf, on 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I'm not enjoying seeing him try to hit fades from a square stance... too easy to sneak the face closed and pull 'em, would rather see him 20 degrees open (lined up down the left side).

Good call.  Especially he way he is swinging.

I don't know enough about the swing to answer my own question, so I'll toss it out there...Maybe Monte has some good insight....if his swing is ill-suited to drive it straight consistently, what does he need to do to fix it?

I have said this for a few years.  He has always had the driver face coming in open to the path, the path often to far in to out and that's because his left arm is under rotated.  When he stalls and flips, it's left, when he continues through you get that sword twirling block off the planet.

Now his angle of attack is steeper, so rotating the left arm would steepen the shaft and maybe make things worse.  That being the case, he needs way more secondary tilt at impact to make room for his arms and allow him to rotate that left arm from the top.

All of this would minimize the affect of how much he squats in transition, which I also say is too much.  His head would probably drop to the same position if he tilted more than squatting, but his arms would double the amount of room they have.

So it's not about his head level that the talking heads complain about...it's how he is getting o hat level.
Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
.
.
I am Gavrilo Princip

#17 naj959

naj959

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66497
  • Joined: 09/26/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Posttylerdurden, on 28 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

The swing pattern he is using is too steep and his arms don't have enough room.

I criticized his swing on my blog and got lots of haters after the results this week.

You can hit the driver 50-100 yards off line at Torrey Pines and still shoot low.  Tiger judges himself on majors and he won't win majors with this swing because driver will not hold up under major pressure.
Monte, could you do a video on Tiger and why the pattern has so many issues with the driver? I'd love to see it. I'm sure we could all learn from it. I'll check out your blog too, I didn't realize you had one.
+1 I'm a Tiger fan but I don't know how anyone could call him a great driver of the ball and keep a straight face. Seems like when the pressure is on the driver gets very unpredictable. A video on why things get bad with the big stick would be very informative.

#18 chirotennis

chirotennis

    The man with the Iron Thumbs

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189796
  • Joined: 07/01/2012
  • Location:Red Raider land, TX!
  • Handicap:~15
  • Ebay ID:chirotennis
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...
A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB Link

#19 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

    Powered by the old school

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 565

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Posttopekareal, on 28 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostHappyGolf, on 28 January 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

I'm not enjoying seeing him try to hit fades from a square stance... too easy to sneak the face closed and pull 'em, would rather see him 20 degrees open (lined up down the left side).

Good call.  Especially he way he is swinging.

I don't know enough about the swing to answer my own question, so I'll toss it out there...Maybe Monte has some good insight....if his swing is ill-suited to drive it straight consistently, what does he need to do to fix it?

I have said this for a few years.  He has always had the driver face coming in open to the path, the path often to far in to out and that's because his left arm is under rotated.  When he stalls and flips, it's left, when he continues through you get that sword twirling block off the planet.

Now his angle of attack is steeper, so rotating the left arm would steepen the shaft and maybe make things worse.  That being the case, he needs way more secondary tilt at impact to make room for his arms and allow him to rotate that left arm from the top.

All of this would minimize the affect of how much he squats in transition, which I also say is too much.  His head would probably drop to the same position if he tilted more than squatting, but his arms would double the amount of room they have.

So it's not about his head level that the talking heads complain about...it's how he is getting o hat level.

Perfect. Thanks !

#20 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postchirotennis, on 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...

All the more evidence he is too steep.

Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
.
.
I am Gavrilo Princip

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Reif

Reif

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87715
  • Joined: 07/07/2009
  • Location:San Diego
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postchirotennis, on 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...

All the more evidence he is too steep.

Steeper makes/allows you to hit it further?

#22 russc

russc

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
  • Joined: 08/27/2010
  • Location:northern New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostReif, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postchirotennis, on 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...

All the more evidence he is too steep.

Steeper makes/allows you to hit it further?
Generally the more shallow your approach the faster that you can rotate and generally the faster that you can rotate ,the faster you can swing..A golfer who is steeper has to have more lateral motion in their downswing or else  when they rotate they will not be on an  inside approach to the ball.

#23 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostReif, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postchirotennis, on 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...

All the more evidence he is too steep.

Steeper makes/allows you to hit it further?

It can, but in a bad way.  Less loft at impact.

10 years ago I had more speed than Tiger at the Titleist center.  I can still hit north of 130 mph on a Trackman and no one had over 129 on tour last year.  I cannot hit a 5 iron 245 without steepening the club AoA to a severe angle.  Heck, I can't hit it 225 without doing that.

Edited by MonteScheinblum, 28 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
.
.
I am Gavrilo Princip

#24 swingdoc80

swingdoc80

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90739
  • Joined: 08/04/2009
  • Location:Middle England
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostReif, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postchirotennis, on 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...

All the more evidence he is too steep.

Steeper makes/allows you to hit it further?

It can, but in a bad way.  Less loft at impact.

10 years ago I had more speed than Tiger at the Titleist center.  I can still hit north of 130 mph on a Trackman and no one had over 129 on tour last year.  I cannot hit a 5 iron 245 without steepening the club AoA to a severe angle.  Heck, I can't hit it 225 without doing that.

Maybe your just getting old monte.  Anybody any ideas what tigers aoa is with driver ?

#25 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

    The Mad Bomber

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
  • Joined: 09/12/2009
  • Location:Southern California
GolfWRX Likes : 2010

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

View Postswingdoc80, on 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostReif, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostMonteScheinblum, on 28 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postchirotennis, on 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just crazy to see that ball fly, with all of his struggles I almost forgot what it looked like to see Tiger strike the ball like this...  244 yd 5i, unbelievable...  And to see that bunker shot, makes me sick...

All the more evidence he is too steep.

Steeper makes/allows you to hit it further?

It can, but in a bad way.  Less loft at impact.

10 years ago I had more speed than Tiger at the Titleist center.  I can still hit north of 130 mph on a Trackman and no one had over 129 on tour last year.  I cannot hit a 5 iron 245 without steepening the club AoA to a severe angle.  Heck, I can't hit it 225 without doing that.

Maybe your just getting old monte.  Anybody any ideas what tigers aoa is with driver ?

You are definitely right about that.

I would like to know that too.

Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
.
.
I am Gavrilo Princip

#26 Pinsplitter59

Pinsplitter59

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132387
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Looks like a good call Monty
Attached File  tiger-norman-downswing.jpg   61.77K   21 downloads
Is the cause this silly over the top-hit left thing he always practicing?

#27 swbyps

swbyps

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54354
  • Joined: 04/23/2008
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Ebay ID:bkammons
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I dont know but hes not alone in his struggles. I do know this...."why can I hit my irons well but cant hit my driver" is just about as common a question as "how can I fix my slice".

#28 swbyps

swbyps

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54354
  • Joined: 04/23/2008
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Ebay ID:bkammons
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostPinsplitter59, on 28 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Looks like a good call Monty
Attachment tiger-norman-downswing.jpg
Is the cause this silly over the top-hit left thing he always practicing?

Not that I know what im talking about but it looks like his right hip is too high. Shouldnt it be lower when hes at this position?

#29 360_CS

360_CS

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83083
  • Joined: 05/16/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 202

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

So steepen you mean arm plane and shaft plane? His hands look well higher at the top now then when he was with Hank.

#30 Ghost_Orchid

Ghost_Orchid

    Golf Junkie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37491
  • Joined: 08/16/2007
  • Location:Upstate NY
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

You guys are getting too technical on the swing, to simplify, I think he swing too darn hard.  It seems whenever he takes a big rip, sometimes it goes straight and sometimes it goes all over the place.

Forget swinging steep, coming too far from inside, hitting fade with square stance...blah blah, just hit it at 80%.  He doesn't need to swing so darn hard.

And that my friends, is my simple way of looking at it.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors