Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PGA store Demo sales!

nike vrs fubuki pga superstore

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chirotennis

chirotennis

The man with the Iron Thumbs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189796
  • Handicap:~15
  • Ebay ID:chirotennis
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Was making my bimonthly trip up to the PGA store today, and lo and behold, I walk in to see rows of tables with clubs stacked on them with big 75% off signs above them...

This time of year is like Christmas to me!  As a thrifty golfer I have no problem playing last years model with shop wear only on it, especially if I don't have to pay retail...

I have been looking to make the transition to a hybrid and have been looking for a couple months, and after about 50 shots in the sim, I pulled the trigger on a $45 Nike 3H VRS with fubuki stiff shaft, this thing looks brand new...  Cool thing was not 20 feet away was the display of nike drivers, fw, and hybrids and they had the exact same club for $195!  I know you may not be fans of nike, but I love the way they fit my game...

Just had to share my excitement!  Can't wait to get it out on the course...

A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Tarheelnation3

Tarheelnation3

Golfer's Delight

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126682
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I did testing on this line of woods last year.  I STILL have the hybrid and 3 wood in my bag. I know a lot of people refuse to look into Nike, but these were great IMO!  Great pick up. Enjoy!

#3 MiniJ83

MiniJ83

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152899
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postchirotennis, on 27 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Was making my bimonthly trip up to the PGA store today, and lo and behold, I walk in to see rows of tables with clubs stacked on them with big 75% off signs above them...

This time of year is like Christmas to me!  As a thrifty golfer I have no problem playing last years model with shop wear only on it, especially if I don't have to pay retail...

I have been looking to make the transition to a hybrid and have been looking for a couple months, and after about 50 shots in the sim, I pulled the trigger on a $45 Nike 3H VRS with fubuki stiff shaft, this thing looks brand new...  Cool thing was not 20 feet away was the display of nike drivers, fw, and hybrids and they had the exact same club for $195!  I know you may not be fans of nike, but I love the way they fit my game...

Just had to share my excitement!  Can't wait to get it out on the course...

If you happen to find another of the same, I need that same club! Lol

#4 chirotennis

chirotennis

The man with the Iron Thumbs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189796
  • Handicap:~15
  • Ebay ID:chirotennis
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostTarheelnation3, on 27 January 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

I did testing on this line of woods last year.  I STILL have the hybrid and 3 wood in my bag. I know a lot of people refuse to look into Nike, but these were great IMO!  Great pick up. Enjoy!
They had several matching 3w's just a little bit more in price, but I can't make myself get rid of the Vr Pro 4w with the PX 6.0!
A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB Link

#5 Stinger82

Stinger82

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82167
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 216

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I did the testing for the vrs line as well and they are great, the hybrid was real nice. I still have the driver but swapped a gd ad di shaft in it and its amazing now! The hybrid and 3 wood were finally beat out by the adams xtd line late last year but they were really good. Too bad people don't give Nike a chance

Nike VRS 9.5* w/ GD Tour AD DI
Adams XTD super fairway 14.5 w/ ??
Adams Super Hybrid 17* w/ Oban Revenge
Titleist AP2 4-PW w/ dgs300
Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*
Taylormade Ghost Spider 34"

#6 hayzooos

hayzooos

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51734
  • Handicap:5-7
GolfWRX Likes : 514

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

No joke man, PGA SS is having massive sales on demo clubs. It's unreal. Anyone around one should go take a look. If you can find a few with x-flex shafts, you can score great deals on clubs that are barely even hit. Might take some work to get the massive DEMO stickers off them, but well worth it when you can get a brand new (basically) club for about 1/3 of what they go for new.

I have one right across the street from my office, and it would've been a field day if I didn't just get brand new clubs.

Edited by hayzooos, 30 January 2013 - 06:09 PM.

G25 9.5* Ahina 70
XHP 15* Fuji Speeder VC 8.1
Diablo Edge Tour 18* AXE Fwy
Anser 20* PL Red Hybrid
XHP 4-PW C-Taper
MD2 52/58C; Odyssey Blk TD #1W
WITB Link

#7 ddamron

ddamron

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184586
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Damn, Wish I lived closer than 5 hours to one....

#8 ddebart2

ddebart2

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106798
  • Ebay ID:ddebart2
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I walked into mine the day of the sale at lunch.  All of the RH R11S drivers had already been sold.  There were none left!  Had do have been at least 20 of them all sold before noon.  Still waiting for them to put the RBZs out.  R11s was at $99 so I would image the RBZs will be around $79.
SLDR 430 10.5 Motore Speeder 757 X
SLDR 3HL ATX Blue 75TX
X2 Hot Pro 18* Hybrid Matrix Altus X
Mizuno MP-H4 3, MP-54 4-PW DG TI X100
Vokey SM5 50F/56S/60K DG TI X100
Bettinardi BB1 400g CB Matrix Proto

#9 chiguy

chiguy

CALLAWRX2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125729
GolfWRX Likes : 187

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Sounds good to me. I'm gonna have to stop in more frequently. Thanks for the tip.
I mean, I like golf balls
but not that much.

#10 mshills

mshills

Consistently inconsistent.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I was excited to see this at the Roswell, GA Superstore near my office, but was ultimately disappointed.  Most of the demo clubs I saw were is pretty bad shape.  Disappointing, but given some of the serious hacking I see in the simulators there, probably not so surprising.

They did have a huge selection of the Cleveland Classic drivers, however, and a surprisingly large number in LH for Atlanta area southpaws.

Driver: Srixon Z-Star, Miyazaki Dromos
3w:  TEE CB2, Motore F1
2i + 3i:  Ping Eye 2 SS
4i - SW:  Ping ISI BeCu
LW:  Ping Eye 2 BeCu
Putter:  Dave Curry Big Oak Havana

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with nike, vrs, fubuki, pga superstore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors