Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shortening putter

Problems ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kmc

kmc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85048
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

I have a 34 inch Rife 2 bar tour mallet. I would like to cut it down
to 29/29.5 inches. Can someone please explain the pitfalls.There
are 2 sets of removable weights. I have no idea what the difference
between the 2 is.
Thanks KMC

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 dmalli

dmalli

Puma Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I cut my putter down to 28 inches and have seen no major issues or have had no problems whatsoever. Putting may be considered my strong suit by some tho.

When I cut my putter down to 28 I added an oversized Winn grip to add a little weight to the club in general, plus I like that style grip for a putter so it's a Winn Winn. (Sorry had to)

My putter does not have adjustable weights so you'll have an advantage with that if you want to increase the weight a little bit.

#3 jbrunone

jbrunone

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109380
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Sorry but im looking to do the same how do you cut a putter down? Do you actually just take the grip off, cut the putter to desired length, then regrip? I assume you need to add a heavy grip but

#4 dmalli

dmalli

Puma Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yeah I took the old grip off and cut it down. Then added a grip. I actually didn't put any tape under since the club doesnt undergo any major swing action and won't have any play in the grip. That way if I need to take it off I don't have to cut the grip. This is assuming you don't blow grips on in the first place.

#5 robert horneman

robert horneman

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108779
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

You may need to adjust the lie.

Also tagged with Problems ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic