Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

You must NOT leave Orlando without Playing....

rickyross achamp

66 replies to this topic

#1 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143083
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Disney Osprey Ridge!

Played there today with Achamp and RickyRoss, and I tell you, this is truly an amazing track with some very challenging holes that require your best drives and some holes that allow you to put your woods/hybrids to work from the teebox. There are a lot of elevated greens and teeboxes, which is probably my favorite part of the course, it makes you think about every shot. When you're playing with two WRX'ers it makes it even better!!! Even better, the course is absolutely gorgeous, fairways and greens are immaculate with the greens rolling FAST. I've played this course before and I never really got a chance to appreciate it as much as I did today. I invite anyone that wants to play to hit me up, I am a cast member, so I get a really nice rate, ask Achamp and Rickyross, and Stebed and Scottvw. It was awesome getting to know some WRX'ers and play with some GREAT guys.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jnier75

jnier75

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147231
  • Handicap:10.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Better take him up on the offer quick, four seasons is taking it 'private' by the end of the year.
The Bayou Club, Largo, FL
Lots of TMade clubs and an old SC putter

#3 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Wow, didn't even know that! This is definitely going to be my summer course.

#4 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 8,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15339
  • Handicap:4.4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Played OR a couple years ago while down attending the PGA Show and loved it. A nice design, an abundance of nature, no highways or housing visible while playing, and a solid test of golf all make for an extremely fun and enjoyable round with almost none of the typical Florida, resort-y, housing development feel to it.

On that trip I played Southern Dunes, Falcons Fire, Grande Pines and Osprey Ridge. The others aren't even in the same class as OR. Damn shame that it might go private cause any golfer playing in the Orlando area should try and get on that track.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

: PING i25 9.5@10 + Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 S : PING Anser 3W 14.5@14 + Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.2 S : PING i25 5W 18 + Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.2 S :

: PING S55 3i-PW Red Dot + Z-Z65 Cushin : Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12F & 58.11K : Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 34"/350g + Nippon NS PRO XXIP-D2 & Pistolini :

#5 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Definitely doesn't feel like you're at WDW does it?

#6 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 8,012 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostFLGOLFJUNKIE, on 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Definitely doesn't feel like you're at WDW does it?

One of the best aspects of the course! ;)

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

: PING i25 9.5@10 + Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 S : PING Anser 3W 14.5@14 + Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.2 S : PING i25 5W 18 + Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.2 S :

: PING S55 3i-PW Red Dot + Z-Z65 Cushin : Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12F & 58.11K : Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 34"/350g + Nippon NS PRO XXIP-D2 & Pistolini :

#7 Ghost_Orchid

Ghost_Orchid

Golf Junkie

• 1,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37491
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'm heading to Orlando in a couple of weeks, Osprey Ridge is on my list.  So if Panther Lakes and Crooked Cat and I'm currently trying to decide it TPC Sawgrass is worth it.  Planning of at least 2 more courses.

#8 sabram

sabram

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

I've played Osprey several times. it and the no longer existing Eagle Pines were my favorite WDW courses.

Jniier - Where did you hear that four seasons is" taking it private"? I asked the pro at WDW's Palm/Magnolia about that last month and he had not heard that. There are  rumors that they may demolish some or all of Osprey (as they did with Eagle) and build a new course at the Four Seasons, but that it would have public play the way other hotel courses do (e.g. the nearby Grand Cypress and Waldorf Astoria.) I would be shocked if a hotel course on the WDW premises would be private and not allow public play, although I'm sure it will be expensive.

Posted Image
Disney Osprey Ridge #9 - Pond down right hand side by tewiespix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Disney Osprey Ridge #3 193 yard par 3 by tewiespix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Disney Osprey Ridge #14 from tee by tewiespix, on Flickr

More Orlando  Pix here: http://www.flickr.co...57631972135446/

Posted Image
Osprey Ridge #17 par 3 - 216 yds from tips by tewiespix, on Flickr
In the back left corner you can see where there is construction for the new hotel. I think that was part of Eagle Pines.

#9 sabram

sabram

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

View Postdrpino, on 26 January 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Played OR a couple years ago ... an abundance of nature...

You're not kidding. I've seen a larger variety of woildlife there than any Florida course... wide variety of birds (from hawks to turkeys), lots of deer, gators and even this guy...

Posted Image
Osprey Ridge - Armadillo by tewiespix, on Flickr

Edited by sabram, 26 January 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#10 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

Major Winner

• 3,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3924
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Will definitely take you up on your Cast Member rates offer - always nice to play with another actor! I'll be down there March-April in what must surely be the Anti-Disney - Titus Andronicus at Orlando Shakespeare. Haven't ever played any of the Disney courses but last time I was in town had a terrific time at The New Course at Grand Cypress (North-South was great too) with another WRXer. Maybe we can work up a mini-WRX outing somewhere.

Taylormade 300 Tour Holy Grail/6Q3
Cally XHP 15/Altus
Cally XHP 18/23/ Saga/Altus hb
5-GW RBT/Program 95/130
Scratch D/D 54/Program 130
Bettinardi QB3

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

The 18th hole is now demolished and actually is where the 4Seasons hotel is getting built. The 17th par 3 (which is now 18th but not sure if it's temporary or not) is going to have an amazing view of the resort. You can hear some of the construction as of now, but only on certain holes and it isn't a distraction at all. PM me with info when you plan on coming and I can set it up. Awalkspoiled not sure what you mean, but maybe you don't know that every Disney employee is actually a cast member, even down to the parking lot attendants and cooks. I'm most definitely not an actor, I just serve food!! LOL! But we can still golf right?

#12 sabram

sabram

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostFLGOLFJUNKIE, on 26 January 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

...every Disney employee is actually a cast member, even down to the parking lot attendants and cooks... I just serve food!! LOL!

Sorry to go off topic, but WDW has an amazing corporate culture. I hope Disney treats you right. I can tell you that 99.99% of the cast members (Yes, even down to the parking lot attendants and food servers) treat the customers right and that is what keeps us coming back! So, thank you.

Edited by sabram, 26 January 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#13 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

WDW is truly an amazing company. Some people save for 6-7 years just to come and enjoy a good time, and every employee knows this. This is why we must treat EVERYONE like it's their first time there, and treat them as if they're part of our "show".

#14 Ricky Ross

Ricky Ross

The Boss

• 733 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149835
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hey flgolfjunkie i must say I had a blast. Osprey was a wonderful course and I could play it all summer long. Had fun on the toy story ride at disney also, ill get you next time bahahahaha!!!!' You have an open ended invitation any time you make it out to Oklahoma.

#15 jnier75

jnier75

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147231
  • Handicap:10.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postsabram, on 26 January 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

I've played Osprey several times. it and the no longer existing Eagle Pines were my favorite WDW courses.

Jniier - Where did you hear that four seasons is" taking it private"? I asked the pro at WDW's Palm/Magnolia about that last month and he had not heard that. There are  rumors that they may demolish some or all of Osprey (as they did with Eagle) and build a new course at the Four Seasons, but that it would have public play the way other hotel courses do (e.g. the nearby Grand Cypress and Waldorf Astoria.) I would be shocked if a hotel course on the WDW premises would be private and not allow public play, although I'm sure it will be expensive

I played today and asked the starter, turn over of ownership to four seasons is set for august. I used private in quotes as that was the nomenclature that has been used in the articles I've read, from Disney internal docs and local press. The gist is that four seasons guests and residents of golden oak, the new residential community that can be seen on #7, will have priority tee times. Current speculation is that tee times will be sold to public when available but I haven't heard anything official. My statement was more of a commentary to hurry and take junkie's offer to play at the good guy rate.

The new info that I learned today is that the new first hole is temporary but I couldn't get any more info about that. This info supports your thoughts that the course will be altered.

The Bayou Club, Largo, FL
Lots of TMade clubs and an old SC putter

#16 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I have no doubt it will happen. Those houses off 6-7 are RIDICULOUS aren't they? Wonder who's gonna live there.

#17 Philfil

Philfil

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183262
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postdrpino, on 26 January 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Played OR a couple years ago while down attending the PGA Show and loved it. A nice design, an abundance of nature, no highways or housing visible while playing, and a solid test of golf all make for an extremely fun and enjoyable round with almost none of the typical Florida, resort-y, housing development feel to it.

On that trip I played Southern Dunes, Falcons Fire, Grande Pines and Osprey Ridge. The others aren't even in the same class as OR. Damn shame that it might go private cause any golfer playing in the Orlando area should try and get on that track.

When you say Southern Dunes is isn't even in the "same class as OR", I hope you mean that Southern Dunes blows OR out of the water, because it truly does.

#18 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

No Phil. He meant the opposite. But I've never played Southern Dunes so I can't comment.

#19 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 8,012 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostPhilfil, on 27 January 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

When you say Southern Dunes is isn't even in the "same class as OR", I hope you mean that Southern Dunes blows OR out of the water, because it truly does.

SD was nice (greens were excellent) but I much preferred OR.  SD has the housing development feel which I don't particularly care for.  Just my opinion!

#20 Troyefl

Troyefl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130015
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I played Magnolia late last year. Will have to check out Osprey before the "Private" transition.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 Fetch07

Fetch07

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89730
  • Ebay ID:fetch07
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ill' be Playing Shingles, the legends and both at OCN.  Anyone is free to join, ill be a single for most rounds. Will hit up Osprey in April as this trip is all booked.

Shingle Creek Golf Club
Thursday Feb 21, 2013
7:56 am
The Legends @ Orange Lake Resort
Friday Feb 22, 2013
7:24 am
Orange County National - Crooked Cat
Monday Feb 25, 2013
7:30 am
Orange County National - Panther Lake
Tuesday Feb 26, 2013
7:57 am

#22 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Legends @ OL is a great course too. I'll see if I can join ya.

#23 Philfil

Philfil

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183262
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostFLGOLFJUNKIE, on 28 January 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

No Phil. He meant the opposite. But I've never played Southern Dunes so I can't comment.

Yeah I can put it together.  However those courses are not in the same class at all.  Nice "new" transition on OR with the first hole to second hole.  Ruined the course 100%, especially with 18 being demolished...  
Southern Dunes has the set up of being one of the best/hardest courses in the Orlando area, hands down.

#24 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Glad you could put it together.

I agree with the transition from "1" to 2, not much they could do on their end though, they couldn't build a brand new hole.

#25 TitleistJunky80

TitleistJunky80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138789
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

@FLGOLFJUNKIE I live in Sebring and I play golf every Thursday. Do you ever get a chance to get out on Thurdays? I have a connection at Reunion and can get a tee-time for a decent rate on ocassion. Hit me up if you wanna play sometime, Lakeland is not that far away.

BTW, As a former cast member and my father being a current 30+ year cast member, I can say that even though they are a great company to work for, it used to be so much better. It's so corporate now things have gone south considerably. As a kid, I remember the cast member christmas party used to be so awesome.

#26 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Junky I can usually plan to get out during the week. Whenever you want to play let me know. Can you pm me your info if you wanna play next Thurs?

Stinks Disney has become so corporate, unfortunately a LOT of companies have become that way. I used to work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car and when they became Enterprise Holdings with the merger with National and Alamo I got out of there as soon as I could. I'm much better off now ;)

#27 TitleistJunky80

TitleistJunky80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Looking forward to playing Osprey this Thursday, thanks to flgolfjunkie for the invite!

#28 TitleistJunky80

TitleistJunky80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Played today with FLGOLFJUNKIE and he was right great course and a great time! Greens were fast and true, fairways were tight and all around it was a great course.

#29 Ghost_Orchid

Ghost_Orchid

Golf Junkie

• 1,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37491
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I can't wait, gonna play there next Wed or Thrs.  Prob Wed since it looks like rain on Thrs.

#30 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Kris! Heck of a good time, INVITE IS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN US AGAIN!!!!!!!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors