Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

A Shaft Like the GD Tour AD 40?

Tour AD 40 AD40

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dplasters

dplasters

How little they know about what they imagine they can design

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101355
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

So long story short, I like my 5w (TEE XCG-5).  It has the stock Tour AD 40 Regular flex shaft tipped 1-1/2" in it.  I have the matching XCG-5 3w, but it has the stock Fujikura shaft.  I've been hunting for a pulled Tour AD 40 but have had zero luck so far.

Any thoughts on what a similar shaft to the Tour AD 40 would be?  I haven't been able to find any shaft profile information on it so I got nothing to go on really.  Obviously I'm looking for a very lightweight FW shaft and I'm a budget conscious kind of guy.  I've contacted TEE but they are closed for the weekend so I don't know what they can or can't do.

Any ideas?  The only thing on my list right now is the AXE Tour SL...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 212

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I just put the AXE Tour SL Reg shafts in my TEE XRail and Trilogys and my XGC-3 4W.  The XGC-3 had the stock Motore and it was just too skookum for me to use. (Still up in the air if it will knock out my Trilogy 3 wood for at least part of the time.)

Only have just started practicing with them, but  a smooth transition for me so far.  If you have tipped you AD 40 so much, I would recommend calling GolfWorks and ask whether  a reg or stiff for you in the Xcaliber might be best, especiallay if you plan on overtipping  a reg. I spoke to them twice, both times i got a rep that actually played the shaft.

Edited by myspinonit, 26 January 2013 - 10:53 AM.

Ping G25 10.5* Stock TFC 189D
Ping G25 16.5* Stock TFC 189F
G20 20* 23* 27* Harrison Impulse TR90
Miura Reg PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
Vokey 51/07 55/10 60/07 Steelifiber i80
Versa #7 CS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors