Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Got a new bag today...so my first WITB... couple more pics

C-130 G15 G20 Iomic Scotty Cameron Titleist RBZ

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Styles_7

Styles_7

Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197686
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

This is my first WITB post as I'm pretty new to the site.  I just got my new bag to kick the 2013 season off. I had an Ogio Chamber bag and recently sold it and picked up the new Sun Mountain C-130 in Lime/Pine/Black.  Kinda into the green this year I think.

So here is my bag set up:
Ping G20 Driver 9.5
RBZ Hybrid 3 19*
Taylormade rescue 5 23.5*
Ping G15 Irons 4-U
Adams 56*
Cleveland 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5
Titleist Pro V1 and 1x balls
Iomic Sticky 2.3 and 1.8 Grips (No1 grip on the RBZ, gonna switch it out soon)
Nikon Octane range finder

I have some Masda Golf Slick Fit grips on the way from japan that I'm going to test out on the RBZ and the Hybrid.  If I like them better than the Iomc I'm gonna switch them all out. I have seen some old posts about the Masda grips but not much. Ill put up some pics and review when I get them.

I love my gear for this year. The only thing else I'm going to change out is my beat up Cleve 60* and the Adams 56*. One was a prize and the other a hand me down. I've ordered some Vokey 56* and 60* to replace them.

DSCN3404.JPG

Grip up
DSCN3405.JPG

DSCN3411.JPG

DSCN3425.JPG

DSCN3427.JPG

DSCN3435.JPG

DSCN3437.JPG

DSCN3439.JPG

DSCN3420.JPG

DSCN3418.JPG

I just got 6 dozen Pro V1's from the 2012 Players Championship practice, for the price of 2 doz......
DSCN3413.JPG

I work from home so this is my office practice spec
DSCN3415.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN3408.JPG
  • DSCN3424.JPG

Edited by Styles_7, 25 January 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 russad

russad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218411
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

your new bag looks sharp!

#3 GIR LOL

GIR LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125155
  • Ebay ID:bbay055
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

How do you like the grip on your rbz fairway. How does it compare to say a tour velvet?

#4 Styles_7

Styles_7

Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostGIR LOL, on 25 January 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

How do you like the grip on your rbz fairway. How does it compare to say a tour velvet?

I liked the feel of the No1 grip out of the box. It is the 48 Series from No1 and I had a 50 Series on my driver.
There is a pretty good right up on golfwrx (ill find it later) about the No1 Grip from someone who has had the Iomic as well.

I didnt like the 50 series as it was too "squishy".  The grooves are a little deeper than the 48. But even the 48 feels a little "squishy". I think I like the smoother feel of the Iomcs a little better.  The No1 is a very sticky feeling grip but I cant give you a comparison to the tour velvet as I have not used them. I'm going to do an update when I get the Masda, should be a week or so.

Also you can see in this pic that the No1 is starting to wear at the point where my left thumb sits under my right palm.
DSCN3422.JPG

#5 jrshields3

jrshields3

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93979
  • Ebay ID:jrshields3
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Great bag. Seems like you like to change the feel in your grips depending on the club you're using.

TM SLDR 11* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 85 stiff
TM SLDR 15* Oban Revenge 85 stiff
Adams DHy 18* Aldila RIP Alpha 105x
Mizuno MP 68 4-PW w/ KBS C Taper x stiff
Putter- Scotty Monterey35 "
Titleist Vokey SM4; 50, 54 & 58

#6 dominic713

dominic713

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71989
  • Ebay ID:dt_steinke
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Nice bag. I really like your hat collection as well.

#7 Styles_7

Styles_7

Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View Postjrshields3, on 25 January 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Great bag. Seems like you like to change the feel in your grips depending on the club you're using.

I'm kind of a gadget/accessory nerd. So last year when I stopped playing adult (old man) baseball and wanted to focus on golf as my outdoor competitive hobby.  I hadn't really touched my golf set up in years as I only played a hand full of times per year before then. I played my old old Ping clubs that I had bought used more than 10 years ago. The I tried a combo set of Adams MB2 and A12 pro that were given to me but my skill didn't match those very well.  I had gripped them with Iomic at the time and then when I switched to the G15's I continued with the Iomics.  While searching around in my nerdness, I came across the No1's and only tried them on my woods.  They are good but I like the smooth feel of the Iomic. Now I'm going to try the Masda Slick Fit.  Based on that I will either switch to them on all clubs or stay with and add Iomics to the rest of my clubs so they all match.

View Postdominic713, on 26 January 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Thanks. I'm adding a few more hats to it here soon.

#8 Mountaineer

Mountaineer

APP-UH-LA-CHUN

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203205
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to catch the hats. I like them as well! The Ping hat is calling me :lol:
Titleist 905R 9.5*
Titleist 906f2 15*
Titleist 585h 21*
Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

#9 Styles_7

Styles_7

Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostMountaineer, on 28 January 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to catch the hats. I like them as well! The Ping hat is calling me :lol:

UA did a good job with that hat. The material is pretty sick. I think I'm going to get a couple other colors in it.  I don't normally like the "flex type fit" hats as even the large size seems small. I wear a 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 and the Ping fits and feels great.

#10 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Wow that's a crazy colorway, I really like it.  I picked up a c130 last year and love it.  That white and green hat is sweet too, where'd you get that?  Agree completely the no1 is a little squishy, I have one on a hybrid.  All my grips wear in that spot the most, even the multi compounds.  I have the same problem with hats too, until recently the l/Xl flex fits were always too small.  I'm hoping more of my buddies stop the adult baseball and softball to focus on golf too, I play both but might stick to just golf this year as I enjoy it more.  Getting weird so ill stop with the similarities, must be my brother from another mother.

Edited by swizbeatz, 29 January 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Troyefl

Troyefl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130015
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Nice lookin bag!

#12 ava08

ava08

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73885
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Nice Stix

#13 Styles_7

Styles_7

Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Postswizbeatz, on 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Wow that's a crazy colorway, I really like it.  I picked up a c130 last year and love it.  That white and green hat is sweet too, where'd you get that?  Agree completely the no1 is a little squishy, I have one on a hybrid.  All my grips wear in that spot the most, even the multi compounds.  I have the same problem with hats too, until recently the l/Xl flex fits were always too small.  I'm hoping more of my buddies stop the adult baseball and softball to focus on golf too, I play both but might stick to just golf this year as I enjoy it more.  Getting weird so ill stop with the similarities, must be my brother from another mother.

Thanks, and and prob as to add to the weirdness as I'm an ///M3 owner myself...lol. Ill PM you the user on ebay i get my hats from as I'm not sure I would violate some kind of rule by posting it.

#14 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostStyles_7, on 29 January 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

View Postswizbeatz, on 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Thanks, and and prob as to add to the weirdness as I'm an ///M3 owner myself...lol. Ill PM you the user on ebay i get my hats from as I'm not sure I would violate some kind of rule by posting it.

No way, thats sweet!  Nice cars, take a lot of $$$ to keep running unfortunately.  I could have kept going too, I also work from home and have the same bookcase in black with my clubs leaning against them right now, crazy!  Thanks for the PM, that guy has a TON of stuff.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

Also tagged with C-130, G15, G20, Iomic, Scotty Cameron, Titleist, RBZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors