Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 4 votes

Scotty Cameron - Table Rock Golf Photos

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 Rounder

Rounder

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm having trouble finding the ugly putter in this thread.  I have no opinion on the "investment," but there is some amazing craftsmanship and art there.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 195bowler

195bowler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 213813

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

These are nice and all, but I'm more of an OTR Cameron fan.  A Newport 2 (Anser-style) or a mid-mallet like a Red X or GoLo suit me.  I wish Cameron's mallets had a bit more toe hang though.  I like the Ping Nome concept where you can have the same style head but toe hang to your preference.

#63 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 1948

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postkevcarter, on 25 January 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostThrillhouse, on 25 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostWoodridge, on 25 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Thanks GolfWRX! I look forward to this thread every year. The habitual, canned, hateful posts can't even ruin this one for me. :-)

In particular, the putters with the darker finish, and contrasting silver inserts really have my attention. It looks like the inserts were milled seperately from the face which adds even more contrast. LOVE IT!!!

So, all critical comments of any type are considered hateful?

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't say they aren't nice, and I didnt say I wouldn't ever spend $3000 on a circle T to use it.

All I said is I can't see any long term value in them as an investment. It's weird how so many people jump on any critical comment and label you a "hater". The funny thing is I'm actually a Scotty Cameron fan and a small time collector.

LOL

Why in the world would you think I was talking about you? Nothing wrong with your opinions. Look at the other goofy posts in the thread that are bashing for the sake of bashing. That's what I was talking about. It's one thing to offer opinions, another to just make rude comments..,

Sorry Kev, your post just got muddled in there when I was trying to make a point about things others have said.

I should have deleted your part, my bad.

#64 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 25 January 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 25 January 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostThrillhouse, on 25 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostWoodridge, on 25 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 25 January 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Thanks GolfWRX! I look forward to this thread every year. The habitual, canned, hateful posts can't even ruin this one for me. :-)

In particular, the putters with the darker finish, and contrasting silver inserts really have my attention. It looks like the inserts were milled seperately from the face which adds even more contrast. LOVE IT!!!

So, all critical comments of any type are considered hateful?

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't say they aren't nice, and I didnt say I wouldn't ever spend $3000 on a circle T to use it.

All I said is I can't see any long term value in them as an investment. It's weird how so many people jump on any critical comment and label you a "hater". The funny thing is I'm actually a Scotty Cameron fan and a small time collector.

LOL

Why in the world would you think I was talking about you? Nothing wrong with your opinions. Look at the other goofy posts in the thread that are bashing for the sake of bashing. That's what I was talking about. It's one thing to offer opinions, another to just make rude comments..,

Sorry Kev, your post just got muddled in there when I was trying to make a point about things others have said.

I should have deleted your part, my bad.

No problemo. I really enjoy your posts, and I'm glad we're cool!!!

Cheers
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#65 Bob57

Bob57

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103973
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

In years past they were a tremendous source of GSS putters.  I guess Cameron isn't making that many for them anymore.  Other than the gaudy looking putters the prices aren't nearly what they were getting for GSS models.  As many have said before you may not like the prices but the value doesn't go down and that goes double for the GSS putters.  I had two GSS Tiger (same except for Tiger Woods on weight pads) style putters that I bought from there in 2005 for about $5,800 each.  One I sold last year for $12,000.  Kept the other.  However nothing beat the ROI for the exact copy of Tiger's putter I got from a Titleist VIP for $8,000.  Sold that one for high 5 figures in Asia 3 years later....

Edited by Bob57, 25 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#66 pmr-13

pmr-13

ohmaha

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41725
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

thanks jim as always u never let us down.....great pics

#67 mkc

mkc

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94694
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

That Wilson Arnold Palmer takes the cake, someone said it, pure class.

As for spending 16Gs on a putter.... Not to game, unless of course if you're uber rich (of course there are no non-uber rich people saving up all their money to game a 14 THOUSAND dollar putter, at least I hope not... Actually, there's probably some ultra obsessive golfwrx'er who might, he might even be reading this right now... ANYWAYS), but even then I like to think if it was me I'd buy it and use it for a round or two and auction it off for charity. There's a whole lot of more useful ways to spend your money. I can sorta understand some super rich person collecting them. Coming down every year and picking up a couple and growing a siiiick collection, which could be seen as an investment, and plus it would look sick in your golf room.. Because if you're that rich, you obviously have a wicked golf room, and a ridiculous scotty collection lining the walls would be pretty awesome. But still, that much on a putter.... I dunno... pretty crazy.
Titleist 909D3 9.5 Aldila Voodoo S
Titleist 909F3 15 Aldila Voodo S
Tilteist 909H 21 Aldila Voodo S
4-6 Mizuno MP-57, 7-PW MP-32 PX 5.5
Cleveland 588 DSG Gun Metal 52/56/60
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #8

#68 JasonFL

JasonFL

Ball go BOOM!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205251
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

View Postacy32281, on 25 January 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

View PostPalooza, on 24 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

feel sorry for the people who spend money on these over priced goods.

You shouldn't. These NEVER decrease in value. These putters are a great investment. Most are worth $1,000 more on eBay as soon as you buy them. Plus, if you have money for a $14,000 putter, you're rich. Don't feel sorry for them.
+1

#69 pmurph#3

pmurph#3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179550

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

The Concept 2 looks great, hopefully Scotty releases a Newport similar to it!

#70 YogiTKE

YogiTKE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76988
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Never decrease in value? Ya. Ok.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 gshlaven62

gshlaven62

Rookie

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47500

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

1 Lefty in the whole place.  Sigh.

#72 nitram

nitram

Take Dead Aim

• 3,157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Handicap:+1.2
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

"Her mind is Tiffany twisted".
RazrHawkTourProto 8.5 Matrix Ozik TP7HD
Exotics CB2 15 Matrix Ozik TP7HD
Exotics CB5 2H/17 Matrix Ozik Altus HM3
Bridgestone J40 CB 3-P DGTI X100
Fourteen MT28TS SpecRT 53/10 58/14 S400
Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)

#73 weeicemon

weeicemon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 668
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Where are the Napas??  I love the Wilson Arnold Palmer and the Napa is as close as it gets to the original.

#74 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 10,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1749

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

View Postgolf_junkie27, on 25 January 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

This one is my favorite.  Love the dark finish and very simple.  Was never interested in spending X amount of dollars on a putter until I rolled one of these.

Posted Image

That is simple and nice. The dancing Cameron in the cavity sure looks good.

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#75 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 10,519 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostBob57, on 25 January 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

In years past they were a tremendous source of GSS putters. I guess Cameron isn't making that many for them anymore. Other than the gaudy looking putters the prices aren't nearly what they were getting for GSS models. As many have said before you may not like the prices but the value doesn't go down and that goes double for the GSS putters. I had two GSS Tiger (same except for Tiger Woods on weight pads) style putters that I bought from there in 2005 for about $5,800 each. One I sold last year for $12,000. Kept the other. However nothing beat the ROI for the exact copy of Tiger's putter I got from a Titleist VIP for $8,000. Sold that one for high 5 figures in Asia 3 years later....

I talked to Rand last month and he said they were struggling to get enough GSS material. I didnt go into it with him but I wonder if it is timing or just simply supply. I also heard he might do a few next year.

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#76 sergizmo

sergizmo

Major Winner

• 2,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1545
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

The 009's at the end are nicely done, my favorite being the black finish with yellow paintfill. The most expensive putters are absolute Frankenstein monsters however. Just weld something extra on, twist the neck or bend it a bunch of times, stamp random crap all over and call it a day. That BBC could have been a really nice putter without the long, twisted, chromed neck. It doesn't go with the head at all.

I don't think the bottom is going to fall out of this, at least not for a while. Tiger has switched to the Method and people are still paying big bucks for these. That was supposed to be the tipping point and not much has really changed. Cameron is just so firmly entrenched as the putter maker (rightly or wrongly, doesn't matter) that it will not just go away overnight. It's not just North America, Japan is a huge market for him. Will it possibly contract a bit over the years? Yes. But it will still be the most collectable and expensive putter brand out there.

As for if this is or isn't "art". Pollack, Warhol and Picasso were all hugly successful artists. In my opinion (and of many others) they made junk. But that doesn't matter in the end. They made stuff that people were willing to buy. Same with Cameron. Is it "fair"? No. In my opinion, Machine makes the best new school putter and Mills makes the best old school and they don't make near what Cameron does. But it is what it is. No point in getting all upset over it.

#77 nochct1

nochct1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57177
  • Ebay ID:dlcloser
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Serious question, is there a big difference between the putters except for the stampings and finish? It seems like he can make two newports that start the same, but then stamp them differently and put a darker finish on it and mark it up $5k?

Wouldn't it be easier to by a basic Cameron and send it back to the custom shop?

I ask because it seems like the description of each putter is usually "tour rat" "circle t" "dancing cameron" "xyz finish."

Is there actually a big difference or are people really paying for some stamping?

#78 mrhacker

mrhacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116767

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Photos are great as always. Call me crazy, I do, but the twisted handle models are very hot. Not I my price range but I like em!! :jester:

#79 CPSOX

CPSOX

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4622
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postmarkjinc, on 25 January 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Oh and btw, for those that say these people are "rich" and it doesn't matter To them, if i was "rich" blah blah blah... I make this kind of piss-away money but I invest it much differently. It's not what you make, it's what you keep.

Lol....aren't you special.

#80 pr1mo990

pr1mo990

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147761
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

are there any pics of the new GoLo 5 (i think that's what it's called) that Scotty had at the show?  It has the knucklehead, a redish sole and red headcover w/ a silver finish.  I saw an interview with him on GC's PGA show and he said he made 1000 of them and i was looking for some pics

Covert 2.0 Tour - Speeder 661
Covert Perf 15 - KK Silver
Covert Perf 19 - KK Silver
VR_S Forged 4-PW - PXi
Vokey SM5 50F, TVD 56K, 60K Hi-Rev
Byron Morgan DH89

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#81 be_right

be_right

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63573

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I've seen the whole collection at Table Rock in person...it's truly amazing.  There are some seriously unique and high dollar putters there.  There's also, or at least used to be, a plaque which states Scotty lost alot of $$$ on one of the holes. I wish I knew the story, but I've only seen the plaque....

#82 Dave Feldman

Dave Feldman

TM Hoarder

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124710
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Great pics.  Thank you.  Love those 009's.

#83 JC's

JC's

JC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168155
  • Ebay ID:Clement2949

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for the pictures. I am new to WRX and a little confused on the SC putter bashing? I have used SC putters for a long time and the last few years started gaming the Circle T version.If I ever want to sell one to try a different style I can sell it within 24 hours and 9 out of 10 times I break even or make a buck or two.  
Is this a case of sour grapes?? One person said he wouldn't take one if it was giving to him. ?? Very confused..

#84 Zach Heusser

Zach Heusser

#insideTMAG

• Marshals
  • 3,595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77
  • Handicap:pro

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Great booth with tons of buzz as always!  I really like that SCM 009....
Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course
Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2014
Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012
Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University
My WITB

http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/

#85 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• 10,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostJC, on 27 January 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

Thanks for the pictures. I am new to WRX and a little confused on the SC putter bashing? I have used SC putters for a long time and the last few years started gaming the Circle T version.If I ever want to sell one to try a different style I can sell it within 24 hours and 9 out of 10 times I break even or make a buck or two.  
Is this a case of sour grapes?? One person said he wouldn't take one if it was giving to him. ?? Very confused..

Putter wars. Pretty silly, isn't it?

I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#86 ryanoldroyd

ryanoldroyd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218665
  • Ebay ID:r.oldroyd
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

The Super Rat is Sweet!  I just want to see the putter covers!

#87 Pure745

Pure745

#OvenWRX

• 5,565 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:Vnty
GolfWRX Likes : 1094

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Out of all the putter pictures I have seen from this years PGA show, the Scotty's at the Table Rock booth are hands down the coolest.  Thank you for the pictures!  :scotty: :drinks:
SLDR 460 10.5˚ - Aldila Rogue 70TX
SLDR 15˚ - Aldila Tour Green 75 TX
Fourteen Kuchar Proto Driving 2-Iron
Fourteen FH1000 PC/Blade Combo Set 3-9
WITB Link
Nike Method Rory Proto/SC 009 Tour 350g
Fourteen RM Tour Hand Grind (48/54/58)

#88 jrshields3

jrshields3

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93979
  • Ebay ID:jrshields3
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Great pics! I always look forward to seeing the custom SC putters from Table Rock. Thanks!!!

TM SLDR 11* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 85 stiff
Call X Hot Pro motore spdr VC 9.2 x
Adams DHy 18* Aldila RIP Alpha 105x
Titleist 712 CB/MB combo TT Tour Issue
Putter- Scotty Monterey35 "
Fourteen RM12 50*/ 08, 54*/12, 58*/10

#89 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 10,519 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Always a big draw. Got to give Jim props to. One of us. An OG for gear. How many small shows for how many years pre internet was jim running around.

Selling clubs outside of the Master gate were John Daly does now. Cameron fan or not he does a lot for the game for me. I used to visit him every year when he showed up at this small crappy Novi Golf Show in Michigan. Bunch of second hand extra inventory there. But Jim always had something VERY VERY special. 90% of his booth was retail misc..... but then he had collectables. Old rare Pings and special ices. I used to bee-line to his booth.

Now look at him. Congratulations!

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#90 chiphunt

chiphunt

• 147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147307
  • Ebay ID:chiphunt1
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

We've been brainwashed into thinking it's nothing to spend 5-10k on a diamond ring and some here think it's crazy to spend that much on a putter that will more than likely hold its value. Whatever.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors