Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

New Iron Heads from Golfworks....Any Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nalajr

Nalajr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107463
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hey all,

Just saw the new iron heads on the Golfworks site and some of them look pretty good.  One that caught my eye is the DBM Forged.  I think they look like a nice iron.  They also have some others that I like such as the KE4 Forged and KE4 Tour.  Has anyone tried or have any experience with these?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the KE4's and the new DBM iron heads.  Would they be something you would try?

Check out the other new iron heads....

www.golfworks.com

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 floycota

floycota

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10896
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I saw those earlier.  I wish they were raw and would rust.  They look interesting though.

#3 Dillio187

Dillio187

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101379
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I play the KE4 U30 (no tour or forged for me, left handed) and I like them a lot.  forgiving, yet workable.  I have another set of irons that are a bit more forgiving, but they tend to go totally straight where the KE4's use your imagination a bit more.  Great sticks.

#4 Vintage1976

Vintage1976

A nod to the gods

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119640
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I played KE4's for a season or so. They were very, very forgiving. Decent feel. They are very well designed and hide a lot of moderately executed shots. I eventually ho'd on to other clubs.

I do like the look of the new DBM finish and the new muscle backs too. If I were in the market I would probably lean that direction, but I am a Maltby fan anyway.
ProD / RUL60
XCG / Wind90
BafflerRailH / NVS105
EX-1 / 950GH
Tricept / ProWhite
SS385

#5 Russ757

Russ757

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52489
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

those do look nice
might have to keep my eye on them when they go on closeout

Posted Image

Edited by Russ757, 24 January 2013 - 08:27 PM.

In a constant state of flux...
Adams Clamshell Kiyoshi Purple 8
Titleist 910h 17* and 21* Diamana D+ 92
Taylormade R7TPs  5-PW Nippon SPB
Kirk Currie KC II
588 RTX CB Raw 52*/56*/60* Nippon SPB
WITB Link

#6 Colej

Colej

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162677
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostNalajr, on 24 January 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Hey all,

Just saw the new iron heads on the Golfworks site and some of them look pretty good.  One that caught my eye is the DBM Forged.  I think they look like a nice iron.  They also have some others that I like such as the KE4 Forged and KE4 Tour.  Has anyone tried or have any experience with these?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the KE4's and the new DBM iron heads.  Would they be something you would try?

Check out the other new iron heads....

www.golfworks.com

Thanks for your time.

Nalajr

I have been experimenting with the KE4 Tour shafted with C Taper. So far the results look very promising. I like the feel and ball flight that this combination is giving me.

I haven't tried the KE4 forged but I have tried the KE4 U30. The U30 is very forgiving with a nice high ball flight.

The DBM will not be in stock until at least March-April.

#7 dmalli

dmalli

Puma Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

The DBMs look very similar to the TE Forged, which is what I play. They have the nice forged butter feel when striking, and they are very forgiving IMO. I was hesitant to purchase them because I liked the looks, but I liked the looks of others more. I ended getting them because of the consistant .100" offset which I absolutely love. Plus, once recieving them and mating them to my tour issue x100s, I think they look amazing to boot.

So from what I have skim read, they looks very comparable to the TE Forged, almost looks just like a refinish tbh. The bounce is a degree weaker and the lofts are a degree stronger, other than that I dont notice much difference. If the play anything remotely close to my TEs, you shouldnt be disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors