Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike VR Pro Limited Driver

34 replies to this topic

#31 golfnut88

golfnut88

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75455
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postaznives3, on 29 January 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postenis750, on 29 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I just couldnt help myself w this driver
I tested it over the weekend (and multiple other times I tested it) up against my XHot (non pro), G20 w ADDI, Anser, RBZ Tour, Cleveland Classic, Razr Fit w AD DI & RAZR Fit X (w multiple shafts)

now everything but the G20 w AD DI gave me pretty good numbers i would be happy with
but 3 things stood out on the VR Ltd over everything else - ball speeds were ALWAYS faster, distance offline was the tightest & it was the cheapest!! haha!
For $150 BRAND NEW, how can I NOT game this driver this year?

So I returned my Xhot, picked up the VR Ltd AND the VR Ltd 3w too (3w was only $120 new)
and got back $75 to boot

I am having the driver tipped 1/2" to play just a tad stiffer and having my Diamana BB83 from the i20 3w installed in the VR Ltd 3w

newer isnt always better I guess

good to hear...

my club still has a couple of these as demo's leftover from the season which are still pretty much brand new.  and i've got $200 in pro shop credit that i could use towards purchasing one.  i really wanted to wait for the covert though. i'm just not sure how much better the LTD is (if at all) than the VR tour i'm gaming.  the VR tour has hit some bombs for me, only issue is that i'm not always spot on with it. i think i might try and cut it down to 45" and see if i can make a little better contact, might not even need a new driver.

IMO, much better.  The face seems to deliver consistent ball speeds over a wider area than the Vr Tour and I get just as much roll out with the LE.  The accuracy (consistency)  with the Vr pro LE is much, much better than the Vr Tour with what I've found and the LE is still very workable.  Just a great driver!

Edited by golfnut88, 29 January 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Pure745

Pure745

VaporWRX

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1978

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I tested it over the weekend (and multiple other times I tested it) up against my XHot (non pro), G20 w ADDI, Anser, RBZ Tour, Cleveland Classic, Razr Fit w AD DI & RAZR Fit X (w multiple shafts)

now everything but the G20 w AD DI gave me pretty good numbers i would be happy with
but 3 things stood out on the VR Ltd over everything else - ball speeds were ALWAYS faster, distance offline was the tightest & it was the cheapest!! haha!

So I returned my Xhot, picked up the VR Ltd AND the VR Ltd 3w too (3w was only $120 new)
and got back $75 to boot

I am having the driver tipped 1/2" to play just a tad stiffer and having my Diamana BB83 from the i20 3w installed in the VR Ltd 3w

That's what I'm talking about.  Great to hear man!  This is EXACTLY what happened to me last year.  I wanted to LOVE the new at the time RBZ Tour's which had almost as much hype on WRX as these new R1 love fest threads.  At the end of the day, the VR LTD outperformed it easily in the driver and pretty much spec for spec with the 3 wood which was really hyped up last year.  Add to that, the heads are black, pear shaped, forged, and no gimicky graphics and the rest is history.  

I have been saying this all year and sound like a broken record.. but it is what it is.  This year, it will be hard to kick them out, but if something beats them, I will be a happy man.  I will try most of the new offerings and may just end up with my same setup after the dust settles.

:smilie_nike: :drinks:
SLDR 460 9.5˚ - Aldila Rogue 70TX
Bio Cell+ Tour Issue - Rombax P95
Titleist 712U 2-3 - DG Tour X100
Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-9 - DG Tour X100
Vokey SM5 47˚, TVD 54M & 60M
Scotty Cameron 009, Nike Rory Prototype
WITB Link

#33 aznives3

aznives3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57263
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postgolfnut88, on 29 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

View Postaznives3, on 29 January 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

and got back $75 to boot

good to hear...

my club still has a couple of these as demo's leftover from the season which are still pretty much brand new.  and i've got $200 in pro shop credit that i could use towards purchasing one.  i really wanted to wait for the covert though. i'm just not sure how much better the LTD is (if at all) than the VR tour i'm gaming.  the VR tour has hit some bombs for me, only issue is that i'm not always spot on with it. i think i might try and cut it down to 45" and see if i can make a little better contact, might not even need a new driver.

IMO, much better.  The face seems to deliver consistent ball speeds over a wider area than the Vr Tour and I get just as much roll out with the LE.  The accuracy (consistency)  with the Vr pro LE is much, much better than the Vr Tour with what I've found and the LE is still very workable.  Just a great driver!

That's good to hear.  I love my vr tour but could definitely benefit from a few hundred more spin and also a lot more forgiveness.  I may try the covert performance with the silver KK shaft in 70G, if that doesn't work out I'll source myself a vr ltd

#34 Paranorml

Paranorml

chill bro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81317
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Agree with all of the above. Hit the covert tour but numbers were too similar to warrant change. Still waiting to hit the XHot Pro in lefty, sound of that driver in person is amazing. If it doesn't do anything for me numbers wise I'll be buying an additional Ltd and using the remaining cash for another nice shaft upgrade.
9.5* VR Pro Ltd
15* Titleist 910 fd
Callaway Razr MB 3-PW
Byron Morgan GSS DH89
VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

#35 Sidetracked

Sidetracked

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137827
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Yeah I would definitely buy these while you can. I've noticed on eBay lately that nike golf stuff is selling at an unusually high price. One set of used nike Vr pro combos for like 650? I bought brand new sets a few months ago for 400.

Always Under Construction
Raw Vokey Wedges 50, 55, 60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors