Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike VR Pro Limited Driver


34 replies to this topic

#1 tdelam

tdelam

    Club Junkie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177540
  • Joined: 04/26/2012
  • Location:Sudbury, ON
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1048

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Given the covert is out now, I have a chance to buy a BRAND NEW Nike VR Pro Limited Driver with a Diamana Ahina 65g shaft for a super low price. I LOVE the 430cc smaller head on it! I play a r7 Quad which has a small 400cc head but I need a new driver. I really dislike the 460cc head, I had a bunch of new drivers but never kept them due to their large profile heads.

I can't actually hit it because I will be buying over the internet and my local store replaced the LTD's with Coverts and STR8 Fit VR's with the 460cc head.

I read a lot of good reviews but I always come to you guys for real community experience.

So... has anyone hit these? do you bag them? Any thoughts on this driver?

Cobra Pro Driver | Ping 4 Wood | Bridgestone J15 CB | SM5/SM6 | Scotty Cameron | Srixon Z Star

My opinions expressed are my own and are often silly.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 chuckaroo

chuckaroo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34778
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm interested in picking one of these up for fun also.  They look great.  Not much of a Nike guy but lots of great feedback elsewhere...mixed reviews on the stock shaft however...most negative.

2

#3 golfnut88

golfnut88

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75455
  • Joined: 02/17/2009
  • Location:Kansas
  • Handicap:+1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postchuckaroo, on 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm interested in picking one of these up for fun also.  They look great.  Not much of a Nike guy but lots of great feedback elsewhere...mixed reviews on the stock shaft however...most negative.

Gotta reply b/c I'm super biased towards these clubs.

The Vr pro limited is the real deal.  I actually like the stock Nike Diamana 'Ahina shaft but I order it custom in the XS.  The higher torque rating allows me to hit it higher and I like the improved feel.  For those that don't have a real aggresive transition, it feel pretty good.   I have the 10.5* cut down to 45" which (without lead tape) still leaves a D1-D1.5 SW.  It's a low spin head & eazy to work both ways.  I agree the stock stiff shaft is loose but the XS is great!

Great stick!  I bought a second one and will stick with this club over the adjustables.

Edited by golfnut88, 24 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

2016 Xr Pro
GBB 3 & 5 woods
TM TP MC irons
X3X 56 & 60
BHB1-C putter
Nike Rzn Black ball

3

#4 chuckaroo

chuckaroo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34778
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postgolfnut88, on 24 January 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

View Postchuckaroo, on 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm interested in picking one of these up for fun also.  They look great.  Not much of a Nike guy but lots of great feedback elsewhere...mixed reviews on the stock shaft however...most negative.

Gotta reply b/c I'm super biased towards these clubs.

The Vr pro limited is the real deal.  I actually like the stock Nike Diamana 'Ahina shaft but I order it custom in the XS.  The higher torque rating allows me to hit it higher and I like the improved feel.  For those that don't have a real aggresive transition, it feel pretty good.   I have the 10.5* cut down to 45" which (without lead tape) still leaves a D1-D1.5 SW.  It's a low spin head & eazy to work both ways.  I agree the stock stiff shaft is loose but the XS is great!

Great stick!  I bought a second one and will stick with this club over the adjustables.

Great feedback here.  Also reassuring to not see 14 nike clubs in your bag as it's tough to sort out objective opinions.  Thanks for contributing to the discussion.  I think I'll pick one up to play around with.

4

#5 golfnut88

golfnut88

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75455
  • Joined: 02/17/2009
  • Location:Kansas
  • Handicap:+1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postchuckaroo, on 24 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

View Postgolfnut88, on 24 January 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

View Postchuckaroo, on 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm interested in picking one of these up for fun also.  They look great.  Not much of a Nike guy but lots of great feedback elsewhere...mixed reviews on the stock shaft however...most negative.

Gotta reply b/c I'm super biased towards these clubs.

The Vr pro limited is the real deal.  I actually like the stock Nike Diamana 'Ahina shaft but I order it custom in the XS.  The higher torque rating allows me to hit it higher and I like the improved feel.  For those that don't have a real aggresive transition, it feel pretty good.   I have the 10.5* cut down to 45" which (without lead tape) still leaves a D1-D1.5 SW.  It's a low spin head & eazy to work both ways.  I agree the stock stiff shaft is loose but the XS is great!

Great stick!  I bought a second one and will stick with this club over the adjustables.

Great feedback here.  Also reassuring to not see 14 nike clubs in your bag as it's tough to sort out objective opinions.  Thanks for contributing to the discussion.  I think I'll pick one up to play around with.


Welcome!   Be careful or it will become your gamer, it's that good.  Hopefully others will chime in that like this club.

2016 Xr Pro
GBB 3 & 5 woods
TM TP MC irons
X3X 56 & 60
BHB1-C putter
Nike Rzn Black ball

5

#6 bryanwmilburn

bryanwmilburn

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194478
  • Joined: 07/24/2012
  • Location:Ranson
  • Ebay ID:bmilbu02
GolfWRX Likes : 310

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I bought one and put an XCalibur Tour stiff shaft in it and I'm in love. Flight, sound and feel are all amazing. I also had it repainted by Continental Golf and I literally don't think I'll change drivers until it breaks. Couldn't be happier. Give it a shot (as well as the 3 wood, that thing is my favorite 3 wood I've ever owned.)
Ping G30 LS 9 degree X flex
Taylormade Stage 2 3 wood Aldila NV Green 75
Mizuno MP H5 2 iron
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-PW Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM5 Chrome 50-54-58
Scotty Cameron x7m
Titleist Pro V1x

6

#7 tdelam

tdelam

    Club Junkie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177540
  • Joined: 04/26/2012
  • Location:Sudbury, ON
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1048

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

So far so good with the response :)

How about in terms of forgiveness? any suggestions regarding mis-hits?
Cobra Pro Driver | Ping 4 Wood | Bridgestone J15 CB | SM5/SM6 | Scotty Cameron | Srixon Z Star

My opinions expressed are my own and are often silly.

7

#8 Ajlepisto

Ajlepisto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177842
  • Joined: 04/28/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 317

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

It's a beast. I hit the covert and one of these side by side and got the same results, within a yard. The VR and the VR Pro limited are such great drivers it's almost unfair.

Can't wait to score one of these.

8

#9 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1943

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

One of the only Nike drivers I have failed to try.  Seems like I have missed out on a great thing!

9

#10 GolfMonster09

GolfMonster09

    PING Staff 2016

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141937
  • Joined: 10/10/2011
  • Location:Southern Half of 'Merica
GolfWRX Likes : 431

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I game the VR Ltd in 8.5 with a Pro Launch Red Axxis 65X tipped 1" and it's a beast for sure. I do game all Nike clubs, but mainly because the pricing from our rep is fantastic. Not a Nike homer, but all the clubs in my bag perform as well or better than clubs I've played in the past.

As for the Limited, it is absolutely a beast. Hottest face I've ever had the fortune of playing, forgiving on slightly off center hits but not so much way off the center. High and low on the face still go, just not so much left and right. Just my experience. If you have the chance to pick one up, I'd highly recommend it.

Mine may go on the BST once the Covert finds its way into my bag...

PING G 9º - Grafalloy Blue 65X
PING G Stretch 13º  - Tour 80X
PING G Crossover 21º - Tour 90X
PING S55 4-P CFS X Hard Step 1x - Cushin
PING WRX Glide 50º/54º/58º - CFS X - Cushin
PING TR 1966 Anser
Titleist ProV1X
http://www.gamegolf....r/GolfMonster09

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 Pure745

Pure745

    Almost that time again!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 5477

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Probably one of the best and most underrated drivers out.  I've been gaming mine for over a year after it averaged 3mph ball speed more than all other contenders in my driver shootout from last year. Looks great, sounds great, very hot face, and is multi-piece forged.  The 3 wood is good too :)
TM M1 460 9.5 Tour Issue - GD AD-GP7TX
TM M2 15 Tour Issue - GD AD-GP8TX
PXG 0311 - Accra 90iX
PXG 0311T 4-PW - DG Tour X100
PXG 0311 52, 56 - DG Tour S400
PXG 03x 60 - DG Tour S400
Scotty Cameron X7M Tour


Instagram

11

#12 chuckaroo

chuckaroo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34778
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostPure745, on 24 January 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Probably one of the best and most underrated drivers out.  I've been gaming mine for over a year after it averaged 3mph ball speed more than all other contenders in my driver shootout from last year. Looks great, sounds great, very hot face, and is multi-piece forged.  The 3 wood is good too :)

What shaft are you running pure?

12

#13 chuckaroo

chuckaroo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34778
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just got one new in plastic on eBay for 160 shipped. Thank you again, red wine.

13

#14 Pure745

Pure745

    Almost that time again!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 5477

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View Postchuckaroo, on 24 January 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

View PostPure745, on 24 January 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Probably one of the best and most underrated drivers out.  I've been gaming mine for over a year after it averaged 3mph ball speed more than all other contenders in my driver shootout from last year. Looks great, sounds great, very hot face, and is multi-piece forged.  The 3 wood is good too :)

What shaft are you running pure?

At first I had the Fubuki K 70x in the driver and 80x in the 3 wood.. went really well.  Just recently put the GD DI 6x in the driver and 7x in the 3 wood and it's even longer than it was before.  Just an overall awesome head.  I might stick with it this year if none of the 2013 stuff sticks.  Either way, I'm keeping them in the rotation.
TM M1 460 9.5 Tour Issue - GD AD-GP7TX
TM M2 15 Tour Issue - GD AD-GP8TX
PXG 0311 - Accra 90iX
PXG 0311T 4-PW - DG Tour X100
PXG 0311 52, 56 - DG Tour S400
PXG 03x 60 - DG Tour S400
Scotty Cameron X7M Tour


Instagram

14

#15 chuckaroo

chuckaroo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34778
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostPure745, on 24 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

View Postchuckaroo, on 24 January 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

View PostPure745, on 24 January 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Probably one of the best and most underrated drivers out.  I've been gaming mine for over a year after it averaged 3mph ball speed more than all other contenders in my driver shootout from last year. Looks great, sounds great, very hot face, and is multi-piece forged.  The 3 wood is good too :)

What shaft are you running pure?

At first I had the Fubuki K 70x in the driver and 80x in the 3 wood.. went really well.  Just recently put the GD DI 6x in the driver and 7x in the 3 wood and it's even longer than it was before.  Just an overall awesome head.  I might stick with it this year if none of the 2013 stuff sticks.  Either way, I'm keeping them in the rotation.

I've got a k60x in the closet...may be an interesting setup. Haven't hit a gd ad di yet.  Embarrassing to admit for a person with a club hoing problem worthy of an A&E intervention.


15

#16 Pure745

Pure745

    Almost that time again!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 5477

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

The DI in the VRLTD is pretty money.. I held off trying it for a while since I didn't want to use the "Tiger setup", but I guess there's a reason he uses it.. it works pretty well, and can be built really cheap!
TM M1 460 9.5 Tour Issue - GD AD-GP7TX
TM M2 15 Tour Issue - GD AD-GP8TX
PXG 0311 - Accra 90iX
PXG 0311T 4-PW - DG Tour X100
PXG 0311 52, 56 - DG Tour S400
PXG 03x 60 - DG Tour S400
Scotty Cameron X7M Tour


Instagram

16

#17 Beastmode Broker

Beastmode Broker

    Canadian AF

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105306
  • Joined: 03/24/2010
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap::)
GolfWRX Likes : 1315

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Man I really wanted to buy this driver.... But the feel of the XHot is hard to beat
Golf Town is selling them for $150 new and there is literally 100 of them in the store

I might hold out another week and buy one
Im sure they will drop them down to $99 or even $125 when the covert shows up
They were $125 over xmas

14 clubs in a Hoofer, that rotate when the ADD says so ...

TM R15 9.5 Kuro Kage TiNi 60
TM AB TP 16.5 Pro Force V2 76
Callaway XHP 20 VTS Silver 85
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW DGS300 AMT
Vokey SM6 52F/56S DGS400
Nike Engage TS 60 DGS400
Nike Method Matter B1-07 35"

17

#18 csiachos

csiachos

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8705
  • Joined: 12/13/2005
  • Location:Greenville, SC
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I love this driver, however, I think the Ve Tour looks better and is lower spin.

18

#19 Fozcycle

Fozcycle

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109223
  • Joined: 06/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I am looking at the 4 Fairway Wood.......with VooDoo shaft
Cobra Bio Cell Blue driver w/Paderson Kinetix Green IMRT shaft
Cobra Bio Cell 3W & 5W
Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid
Cobra  Bio Cell 4-SW w/Project X 5.0 graphite
Nike Method Drone Putter 33"
Bridgestone B330RX

19

#20 chuckaroo

chuckaroo

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34778
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostFozcycle, on 26 January 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I am looking at the 4 Fairway Wood.......with VooDoo shaft

I thought the vr ltd only came in 15 and 19 degree (ie 3 and 5 wood)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 MAllen

MAllen

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1198
  • Joined: 05/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

The limited does only come in a 15 and 19 degree.

21

#22 Fozcycle

Fozcycle

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109223
  • Joined: 06/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

It was not ltd......I let it pass. I want to hit the Ltd....Golfsmith has several
Cobra Bio Cell Blue driver w/Paderson Kinetix Green IMRT shaft
Cobra Bio Cell 3W & 5W
Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid
Cobra  Bio Cell 4-SW w/Project X 5.0 graphite
Nike Method Drone Putter 33"
Bridgestone B330RX

22

#23 tdelam

tdelam

    Club Junkie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177540
  • Joined: 04/26/2012
  • Location:Sudbury, ON
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1048

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I bought it and was delivered to my office today. I must say it looks real nice and feels good at address. Thanks for everyone who responded. I can't wait to go home and try it out. The suggested price sticker was left on it... $419?!?! that's crazy. I got it for $89 in wrapper still :) I get Coverts and STR8 Fits are really driving the prices down.
Cobra Pro Driver | Ping 4 Wood | Bridgestone J15 CB | SM5/SM6 | Scotty Cameron | Srixon Z Star

My opinions expressed are my own and are often silly.

23

#24 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
  • Handicap:+.6
GolfWRX Likes : 712

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Good to hear.  I game the vr pro and the limited is basically the same thing with a glued head and from the sounds of it a little hotter.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

24

#25 Beastmode Broker

Beastmode Broker

    Canadian AF

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105306
  • Joined: 03/24/2010
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap::)
GolfWRX Likes : 1315

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I just couldnt help myself w this driver
I tested it over the weekend (and multiple other times I tested it) up against my XHot (non pro), G20 w ADDI, Anser, RBZ Tour, Cleveland Classic, Razr Fit w AD DI & RAZR Fit X (w multiple shafts)

now everything but the G20 w AD DI gave me pretty good numbers i would be happy with
but 3 things stood out on the VR Ltd over everything else - ball speeds were ALWAYS faster, distance offline was the tightest & it was the cheapest!! haha!
For $150 BRAND NEW, how can I NOT game this driver this year?

So I returned my Xhot, picked up the VR Ltd AND the VR Ltd 3w too (3w was only $120 new)
and got back $75 to boot

I am having the driver tipped 1/2" to play just a tad stiffer and having my Diamana BB83 from the i20 3w installed in the VR Ltd 3w

newer isnt always better I guess

Edited by enis750, 29 January 2013 - 01:55 PM.

14 clubs in a Hoofer, that rotate when the ADD says so ...

TM R15 9.5 Kuro Kage TiNi 60
TM AB TP 16.5 Pro Force V2 76
Callaway XHP 20 VTS Silver 85
Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW DGS300 AMT
Vokey SM6 52F/56S DGS400
Nike Engage TS 60 DGS400
Nike Method Matter B1-07 35"

25

#26 Pingman222

Pingman222

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57263
  • Joined: 06/04/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postenis750, on 29 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I just couldnt help myself w this driver
I tested it over the weekend (and multiple other times I tested it) up against my XHot (non pro), G20 w ADDI, Anser, RBZ Tour, Cleveland Classic, Razr Fit w AD DI & RAZR Fit X (w multiple shafts)

now everything but the G20 w AD DI gave me pretty good numbers i would be happy with
but 3 things stood out on the VR Ltd over everything else - ball speeds were ALWAYS faster, distance offline was the tightest & it was the cheapest!! haha!
For $150 BRAND NEW, how can I NOT game this driver this year?

So I returned my Xhot, picked up the VR Ltd AND the VR Ltd 3w too (3w was only $120 new)
and got back $75 to boot

I am having the driver tipped 1/2" to play just a tad stiffer and having my Diamana BB83 from the i20 3w installed in the VR Ltd 3w

newer isnt always better I guess


good to hear...

my club still has a couple of these as demo's leftover from the season which are still pretty much brand new.  and i've got $200 in pro shop credit that i could use towards purchasing one.  i really wanted to wait for the covert though.  i'm just not sure how much better the LTD is (if at all) than the VR tour i'm gaming.  the VR tour has hit some bombs for me, only issue is that i'm not always spot on with it. i think i might try and cut it down to 45" and see if i can make a little better contact, might not even need a new driver.

26

#27 tdelam

tdelam

    Club Junkie

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177540
  • Joined: 04/26/2012
  • Location:Sudbury, ON
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1048

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postenis750, on 29 January 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I just couldnt help myself w this driver
I tested it over the weekend (and multiple other times I tested it) up against my XHot (non pro), G20 w ADDI, Anser, RBZ Tour, Cleveland Classic, Razr Fit w AD DI & RAZR Fit X (w multiple shafts)

now everything but the G20 w AD DI gave me pretty good numbers i would be happy with
but 3 things stood out on the VR Ltd over everything else - ball speeds were ALWAYS faster, distance offline was the tightest & it was the cheapest!! haha!
For $150 BRAND NEW, how can I NOT game this driver this year?

So I returned my Xhot, picked up the VR Ltd AND the VR Ltd 3w too (3w was only $120 new)
and got back $75 to boot

I am having the driver tipped 1/2" to play just a tad stiffer and having my Diamana BB83 from the i20 3w installed in the VR Ltd 3w

newer isnt always better I guess

I wish I could have tested it out! That was my issue and it's even more of an issue because I am left handed. I hate buying blind, especially drivers seeing as I haven't changed drivers since 2007. I have good faith in the responses here and the reviews online. I LOVE the look of the pear shape head, I cannot stand the 460cc heads on these new drivers, this one is nice and small! I can't wait to hit it.
Cobra Pro Driver | Ping 4 Wood | Bridgestone J15 CB | SM5/SM6 | Scotty Cameron | Srixon Z Star

My opinions expressed are my own and are often silly.

27

#28 zack175

zack175

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175426
  • Joined: 04/15/2012
  • Location:Baldwin, Ga
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

You better get nike stuff cheap while you can bc I would bet after they become a major player this year, their used stuff will be as expensive as the more popular OEMs

28

#29 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1943

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I may have to buy one of these while they are still around...

29

#30 jleeclt

jleeclt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18129
  • Joined: 08/20/2006
  • Location:Charlotte, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I've played a 909D2 10.5, VR Tour 9.5 and 10.5 before the LTD which i currenlty have in 10.5.  It is more forgiving than the VR Tour and like everyone says has a little more spin, which I need a bit of.
I played the LTD all last year with an ATTAS T2 7x and LOVED it until the shaft started to splinter on me at the tip.  Last few months I've been gripping the driver down almost 2 inches b/c i wanted a fairway finder.  It has been 270-285yrd magic and super predictable.  I just had the head reshafted with an old DI 7x but it's at 44" total length and this could be just as good.  Yes it's a super light swing weight but that's what i've been used to when gripping it down.
I'm still on the fence with the Covert tour after I demo'd one two weekends ago.  The looks can't be beat if you're a traditionalist but i think the compact head shape and deeper face of the Covert Tour is far sexier.  Haven't taken the performance out yet but i need to get over the 460 head before I tempt myself with that.  
If anyone has a chance to pick one of these up on the cheap, do it.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Fubuki alpha 7x
                Aeroburner TP 16.5 UST Chrome 7F4
                Nike 5w VR ltd Fuji motore 7
                Nike VRS Forged PXi 6.5 4i
                Titleist TMB 5i, AP2 716 6-9 PXi 6.5
                Vokey SM5 48, 52F, 56F, TVD 58K
                Bettinardi BB1 2015

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors