Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Looking to play in Phoenix Jan 28 - Feb 2

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PAAL

PAAL

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88917
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Just wondering if any Phoenix WRXer's would have room, or like to get together and play sometime this week.  I'll be down visiting family and would like to try to get out for a round or two.  Keep me in mind if anyone has room or would like to try and set something up.  Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Rohlio

Rohlio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69345
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

I could join you on the 2nd. THe rest of the week I would not be able to.

#3 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1613
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostPAAL, on 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

Just wondering if any Phoenix WRXer's would have room, or like to get together and play sometime this week.  I'll be down visiting family and would like to try to get out for a round or two.  Keep me in mind if anyone has room or would like to try and set something up.  Thanks
PAAL.
I can do 2/2 Sat. and have a tee time @ 8am Dobson Ranch?  Rohlio , how does that sound?

#4 Rohlio

Rohlio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

View Postjayzona, on 24 January 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

View PostPAAL, on 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

PAAL.
I can do 2/2 Sat. and have a tee time @ 8am Dobson Ranch?  Rohlio , how does that sound?

I'm in.

#5 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

PM sent to PAAL about tee time and playing on 2/2

Rohlio, so far no response from PAAL, I am planning on playing regardless, you?....I can most likely fill the spot or two unless you have someone in mind?

#6 PAAL

PAAL

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88917
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  The wife and I just got into town last night.  Let you guys know for sure when my sister-in-law gets home tonight.  Thanks again

#7 Rohlio

Rohlio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postjayzona, on 28 January 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Rohlio, so far no response from PAAL, I am planning on playing regardless, you?....I can most likely fill the spot or two unless you have someone in mind?

I will be there with True's on.

I can get on the horn to some people to play if you need it. Let me know by Thursday.

#8 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostRohlio, on 29 January 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postjayzona, on 28 January 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

I will be there with True's on.

I can get on the horn to some people to play if you need it. Let me know by Thursday.

PAAL just sent a pm and said he cannot make it. If you want to get one person I will get the other to fill out the foursome?
True shoes , do you have the big Red nose prop that goes with them...haha....could not help myself.sorry

#9 isaacbm

isaacbm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76094
  • Handicap:+2-3
GolfWRX Likes : 572

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Would love to join you guys Saturday morning.  Was looking to play early and then hit the FBR in the afternoon.   Still have room?

PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

#10 Matt_Attack

Matt_Attack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132345
  • Ebay ID:MMAtrixAZ
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

wives birthday = golf free weekend

:(

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Rohlio

Rohlio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postjayzona, on 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

PAAL just sent a pm and said he cannot make it. If you want to get one person I will get the other to fill out the foursome?
True shoes , do you have the big Red nose prop that goes with them...haha....could not help myself.sorry

Looks like Isaacbm is in for one of those spots. Why don't you go ahead and fill the other one. If not let me know via pm and I will ask around.

#12 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostRohlio, on 30 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

View Postjayzona, on 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Looks like Isaacbm is in for one of those spots. Why don't you go ahead and fill the other one. If not let me know via pm and I will ask around.

Just sent him a pm.....Isaacbm ( Dan) you are in for this sat. I will pick up a 4th. Thxs

#13 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 690

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

You guys better set a good pace, the DRGA men's club will be right on your tail!   I have the 8:45.   I'll say hey if I see you before you tee off.

#14 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Postteejaywhy, on 31 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

You guys better set a good pace, the DRGA men's club will be right on your tail!   I have the 8:45.   I'll say hey if I see you before you tee off.

That's funny ...I came home from wk sick yesterday and had a message from Brian the head pro telling me the online tee time service should have never issued me a tee time at 8:06. He wanted me to forfeit the tee time for the men's club. When I called him I told him my position and he reluctantly backed down and said to use it the men's club will go late and finish late. I felt like a heal but did not want to disappoint  the players. Well as of right now I  feel like sheet and may need to bow out anyway. Will wait and see how I feel tomorrow, hopefully it's a 48 hr bug.....sucks......Rohlio & isaacbm I will let you guys know tomorrow if I am well enough to play

#15 Olson12

Olson12

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Handicap:2.9
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postjayzona, on 31 January 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

That's funny ...I came home from wk sick yesterday and had a message from Brian the head pro telling me the online tee time service should have never issued me a tee time at 8:06. He wanted me to forfeit the tee time for the men's club. When I called him I told him my position and he reluctantly backed down and said to use it the men's club will go late and finish late. I felt like a heal but did not want to disappoint  the players. Well as of right now I  feel like sheet and may need to bow out anyway. Will wait and see how I feel tomorrow, hopefully it's a 48 hr bug.....sucks......Rohlio & isaacbm I will let you guys know tomorrow if I am well enough to play

I Hope you feel beeter Jay.  Let me know if you won't be able to make sunday so I can try and find replacement for you and your buddy.

#16 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostOlson12, on 31 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

I Hope you feel beeter Jay.  Let me know if you won't be able to make sunday so I can try and find replacement for you and your buddy.

Thanks...I would think David would play one way or the other, I will call him and verify than text you .

#17 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 690

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

That's funny ...I came home from wk sick yesterday and had a message from Brian the head pro telling me the online tee time service should have never issued me a tee time at 8:06. He wanted me to forfeit the tee time for the men's club.

I thought it was weird cause the pairings came out yesterday and I could have sworn the first tee time was earlier than 8.   Hey at least throw in for the skins !  ha ha.   Hope you feel better.

#18 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postteejaywhy, on 31 January 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

That's funny ...I came home from wk sick yesterday and had a message from Brian the head pro telling me the online tee time service should have never issued me a tee time at 8:06. He wanted me to forfeit the tee time for the men's club.

I thought it was weird cause the pairings came out yesterday and I could have sworn the first tee time was earlier than 8.   Hey at least throw in for the skins !  ha ha.   Hope you feel better.

I think that's what Brian said, his other conundrum was that the tee time system issued two early times before its light enough to hit and that's going to set the men's club with our tee time for a late finish.    Keep an eye out for the closest to the pin sheets on the par threes..haha

#19 isaacbm

isaacbm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Just got into town...

So are we still on for 806 or is it not going to work?

Hoping it's a go!

#20 kvnhlstd

kvnhlstd

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16735
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Too funny, had a lesson with Brian tonight and he was telling me that after the lesson he had to go back into his office and work out the tee sheet... I guess the online system is messing up the tee times bad.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Rohlio

Rohlio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

View Postisaacbm, on 31 January 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Just got into town...

Hoping it's a go!

If Jayzona is sick and the OP is not going to make it I would just assume cancel it. I have no real reason to drive out to Dobson Ranch for a tee time the pro doesn't want us to have anyway. We are all gonna see each other next weekend anyway.

#22 jayzona

jayzona

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostRohlio, on 01 February 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

View Postisaacbm, on 31 January 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Just got into town...

Hoping it's a go!

If Jayzona is sick and the OP is not going to make it I would just assume cancel it. I have no real reason to drive out to Dobson Ranch for a tee time the pro doesn't want us to have anyway. We are all gonna see each other next weekend anyway.

As the world turns for the DRGA  they will finish before dark....We all agreed to cancel the tee time..thanks for understanding guys....socks getting sick, can't remember the last time I missed 2 weekends in a row....c ya next weekend.

#23 isaacbm

isaacbm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

No problem, Going to play Wigwam gold again in the morning and then head to the Waste Management.

Played there today. Love that place.

Got paired with two drunken yahoos today who would scream:``You`re the f ing man bro!!!`` after every time I made a birdie.  I got to hear it a few times today so that was fun.  Thought the marshal was going to punt us but we just got a warning.   The one guy told the marshal :``tell this guy to stop making putts and we`ll stop screaming, duh!``

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors