Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2013 PGA Show: Hottest Shafts from Demo Day

31 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

• Marshals
  • 4,348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
GolfWRX Likes : 1784

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Awesome guys, I'd be a kid in a candy store around all those tents. Any more info on the green and silver Aldila shaft?
Cobra Bio Cell Pro 8.5* GD DI-7x
TEE CB5 15* Fuji Rombax P95
Cobra Bio Cell 17.5* Fuji Speeder TS 9.8
TEE CB ProH 3i, Callaway X-Prototypes
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, Ping Eye2 LW
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
WITB Link

#3 Imp

Imp

Fueled

• 3,456 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 737

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

So many options. So little time!! Well done!
RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

#4 Golfer_1993

Golfer_1993

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104759
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

The green and gray shaft of Aldila looks really great! Any more info on this guys?

#5 miket_81

miket_81

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49796
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

WOW Great stuff! What's the word on the Black KBS with the colored labels?

TD TM Stage 2 with DI6S
Adams XDT TI 15 DI7S
Adams Fast 10 HyFW 18 Matrix Code 8
Adams XTD TI 24 DI95s
Adams CB3,CC1,MB2 combo White KBS tour
Tour Rife abaco
WITB Link

#6 JGalls

JGalls

Major Winner

• 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2519
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

What's this Oban?

Love the simple graphics.

e709b5e4e3b9ce1bccadacc18b7ca518.jpg

Edited by JGalls, 24 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

Searching for a new driver... Callaway BB Pro 16* Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20*, X Utility 24* Callaway Apex Pro 5-P, KBSTourV Callaway MD2 50s, 54s, 60u Odyssey Tour Black Series i Long Neck #1

#7 Super Tuna

Super Tuna

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126606
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Radix S?
Nunchuk iron shaft eh. That could be interesting!

Someone want to badger Fujikura and UST for me? I'm curious what the bend profile on the EXS and the Recoil 600's are.

#8 Dave Feldman

Dave Feldman

TM Hoarder

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124710
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Great pics. Thank you.   What's the deal with GD?  Are they coming back to the US?  Love the fubuki shafts.

#9 gatewaygolfer

gatewaygolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88627
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Super Tuna, on 24 January 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

Radix S?
Nunchuk iron shaft eh. That could be interesting!

Someone want to badger Fujikura and UST for me? I'm curious what the bend profile on the EXS and the Recoil 600's are.

Nunchuk iron shaft was scary straight...really impressed with it.

New white kiyoshi..meh....purple and devo still the best.

New BB (forget the series name) was really nice. Similar to Bb but firmer tip, flatter flight towards the end.

In the end i was shocked how good the nunchuk iron shaft was. Scary straight, smooth feel and just blown away by the consistency of an iron graphite shaft (hit steel fiber too).

Tried a C-taper X vs. Tour X....got 2mph more speed with Tour.

#10 tbowles411

tbowles411

Amy Boulden - LET Rookie of the Year

• 19,624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2253

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

JGalls, on 24 January 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

What's this Oban?

e709b5e4e3b9ce1bccadacc18b7ca518.jpg
It's a graphite iron shaft.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 emster3534

emster3534

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182292
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Is there any reason why the new MRC shafts, specifically the new Diamana, don't have the trademark x5ct stamped on the shafts?

#12 JB lefty

JB lefty

JB

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119043
  • Ebay ID:cashdupjb
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

I am think a large number of companies are getting more and more graphics on their shafts to the point that they are becoming a distraction.  IMO less is better. The PX black shaft is subtle but still has a sense of design to it.
Optiforce 440 Matrix Black 7M3 X flex
X2Hot 5 wood with stock shaft (cannon)
Apex Pro 4-AW KBS Tour V X flex SS1
Callaway Jaws Wedges 56,60
One spot available any ideas?
Odyssey DF550 blade putter/ Pro v 1 ball

#13 jokerusn

jokerusn

Mr. J

• 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Golfer_1993, on 24 January 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

The green and gray shaft of Aldila looks really great! Any more info on this guys?

+1.  What's the "Tour" shaft's profile?
290 / 3Deep / RBZ Tour / Idea Pro
07 X Forged / Scratch / Odyssey

#14 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

That Motore Speeder .3TS is a bad motha! It's gonna find a home in my G25 for sure...BB
Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#15 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Man those Oban shafts are sweet!  One of each please!!

#16 junior22

junior22

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176984
  • Ebay ID:jrgruber45
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

emster3534, on 25 January 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Is there any reason why the new MRC shafts, specifically the new Diamana, don't have the trademark x5ct stamped on the shafts?

Yes, because x5ct refers to the weight of a shaft in carats (weight measurement for diamonds, 5 carats in a gram, ex 63g x5ct means 63 x 5 carats = 315 carats which equals 63 grams.  The only reason they do this is because Mitsubishi-rayons logo is the three diamonds, no other reason.  This x5ct was previously only seen on true aftermarket shafts or what you all love to refer to as "real deal" because the oem aftermarket shafts from mrd identify other qualities in the shaft other than just weight with markings like 'g 35 t' followed by the weight and flex which means the shaft is a .350OD.  Now back to the question at hand...the reason the "trademark" x5ct" is not seen on the new RETAIL shafts is because ALL of Mitsubishi-rayons RETAIL shafts (meaning straight from the Mitsubishi factory or through taylormade, titleist, callaway, etc) will be the same.  This is to avoid people feeling like they've been cheated out of quality because the shaft isn't "real deal" as we've all heard in the past.  The make up of the shafts, comparatively, will be no different than they were before and on a side note, the previous oem aftermarkets were tweaked slightly to better match the playing characteristics of the clubhead for the RETAIL market, they were not lacking in quality or any lesser than the ones you bought straight from the factory. (Do you really think a company like Mitsubishi-rayon (or any company for that matter) would put their product out in the retail market (it's broadest market) that was of a lesser quality than their company standards?) the answer is no so for everyone that felt cheated out of a shaft because their spin rate or launch was a touch higher or lower than they expected, they were designed that way in the past.  But worry not because Mitsubishi caught on and that's the reason they aren't going to put any markings whatsoever on shafts that differ market to market to avoid us consumers complaining over quality and performance lapses...that's my rant for the day but I hope I answered your question at least a little bit lol.

#17 devlin3000

devlin3000

Devlin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26417
  • Ebay ID:devlin3000
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

junior22, on 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yes, because x5ct refers to the weight of a shaft in carats (weight measurement for diamonds, 5 carats in a gram, ex 63g x5ct means 63 x 5 carats = 315 carats which equals 63 grams.  The only reason they do this is because Mitsubishi-rayons logo is the three diamonds, no other reason.  This x5ct was previously only seen on true aftermarket shafts or what you all love to refer to as "real deal" because the oem aftermarket shafts from mrd identify other qualities in the shaft other than just weight with markings like 'g 35 t' followed by the weight and flex which means the shaft is a .350OD.  Now back to the question at hand...the reason the "trademark" x5ct" is not seen on the new RETAIL shafts is because ALL of Mitsubishi-rayons RETAIL shafts (meaning straight from the Mitsubishi factory or through taylormade, titleist, callaway, etc) will be the same.  This is to avoid people feeling like they've been cheated out of quality because the shaft isn't "real deal" as we've all heard in the past.  The make up of the shafts, comparatively, will be no different than they were before and on a side note, the previous oem aftermarkets were tweaked slightly to better match the playing characteristics of the clubhead for the RETAIL market, they were not lacking in quality or any lesser than the ones you bought straight from the factory. (Do you really think a company like Mitsubishi-rayon (or any company for that matter) would put their product out in the retail market (it's broadest market) that was of a lesser quality than their company standards?) the answer is no so for everyone that felt cheated out of a shaft because their spin rate or launch was a touch higher or lower than they expected, they were designed that way in the past.  But worry not because Mitsubishi caught on and that's the reason they aren't going to put any markings whatsoever on shafts that differ market to market to avoid us consumers complaining over quality and performance lapses...that's my rant for the day but I hope I answered your question at least a little bit lol.

You rant sir!
rant away...indeed!
Good on you for getting it out there, you feel better now? lol

thanks for the info as well.
devlin

#18 JCool

JCool

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198474
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

junior22, on 25 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Since aftermarket Diamana shafts retail for $360, I suspect that there will still be significant differences between "real deal" and stock OEM shafts, even with the same markings.  I don't think they wised up to putting identical shafts in the OEM clubs.  I think they just wised up to the fact that consumers didn't like knowing that fact, as they could see that "designed exclusively for Titleist" or whatever written on the shaft, and they knew it wasn't the "real deal".
It's just that now they won't know that it isn't the real deal, since the paint job will be the same.
Kind of tough to make a good profit if you are retailing a club for $399, so selling it to the Golf Galaxy or wherever for less, and having a superexpensive shaft in it.

#19 deck

deck

Off The Deck

• 3,643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123347
  • Handicap:8.7
  • Ebay ID:deck607
GolfWRX Likes : 972

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I will have one of each please. Especially the graphite iron shafts. Bad elbows and all that.
BB Alpha Tour ATX Green S 65
Big Bertha 15 Fubuki Z
X2Hot 22 ATX Green S
Apex 5-7, Apex Pro's 8-P C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
Jailbird 34'

#20 Super Tuna

Super Tuna

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

JCool, on 26 January 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Since aftermarket Diamana shafts retail for $360, I suspect that there will still be significant differences between "real deal" and stock OEM shafts, even with the same markings.  I don't think they wised up to putting identical shafts in the OEM clubs.  I think they just wised up to the fact that consumers didn't like knowing that fact, as they could see that "designed exclusively for Titleist" or whatever written on the shaft, and they knew it wasn't the "real deal".
It's just that now they won't know that it isn't the real deal, since the paint job will be the same.
Kind of tough to make a good profit if you are retailing a club for $399, so selling it to the Golf Galaxy or wherever for less, and having a superexpensive shaft in it.

Not as hard as you think. When OEM's place such a large order they get a steep discount on those shafts. Ala the one that costs us $360 down the lane, they pay $20 or less for, with a big emphasis on or less.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 HoMStYLz

HoMStYLz

2013 B4B Verizon Tampa Bay Pro/Am Professional Champion

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103
  • Location:Ft. Myers & Tampa, FL (winter) Cape Cod, MA (summer)
  • Handicap:+3.2
  • Ebay ID:Motivation to me, is those who told me what I could not be.
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Talked with Jeff at Aldila for a good hour or so, couldn't be a nicer guy. The new shafts coming out green/grey will be similar to an NV profile with RIP technology but with a much stiffer tip, the way he explained it was it is a XS shaft with the tip stiffness equal to a XX shaft, there is also a blue/grey one that will be a VS profile with a slightly softer tip with more of a mid kick. Just got a green NV profile shaft to try with the super stiff tip which I can't wait to try. Shaft has that rubber type coating like the Matrix Code shafts... I was also able to pick up a Accra Prototype shaft that I know nothing about except it seems to be the right combo in my RFE. Shaft is all black with that rubber feel coating with Accra Prototype written on it, by the tip it just says TourZ/M5. From the info I was able to get it is a new Accra TourZ shaft that will be coming out at some point this year, supposed to have a stiffer tip & a different balance point? No club, all I know is its a great feeling Accra shaft. Jeff from Aldia also said that since the merger with MRC Aldila has been running like it always has & doesn't expect anything to change. We also had an interesting talk when I mentioned I still had a few Cinnamon shafts & how much I liked it, I was told that it cost a boat load for the graphite to make that shaft which is the reason they were able to get the torque so low while still keeping the weight fairly light. Was also told the Phenom NL shafts will also be released to the public this year as well.
Callaway BB Alpha Pro 8.5ATX Green 85TX
Callaway X Hot Pro 15ATX Blue 95TX
Adams Idea Super 9031 20 x200
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW K grind DGTI x100
Vokey TVD 5155DGTI x100 59 DG Spinner
Byron Morgan Hom Bomb Proto 385g 3x BLK
WITB Link

#22 swanry30

swanry30

VaporWRX

• 3,752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 438

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

This would be my favorite part of the show without a doubt!

Edited by swanry30, 27 January 2013 - 02:44 AM.

Nike CT 2.0 10.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 15* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
Nike MOD 30 - SS Flatso Ultra 1.1
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10
WITB Link

#23 jnradioactive

jnradioactive

JNRadio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44297
GolfWRX Likes : 714

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Love the colors on that Fuel

#24 mickeytbones

mickeytbones

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50764
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

What is that gold and black Harrison?
It is not even on their website.
Looks pretty trick.

#25 ladahl

ladahl

Major Winner

• 4,816 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostJGalls, on 24 January 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

What's this Oban?

Attachment e709b5e4e3b9ce1bccadacc18b7ca518.jpg

I think this is their iron shaft

815 Alpha 10.5* Oban Isawa 65 05
TM RBZ 3HL Oban Revenge 85 04
BB #3 VTS Silver S Apex UT 24* X100 SS
Callaway Apex 5-A TT DG TI X100 SS
Odyssey Japan White Damascus Xi #9
MD2 Tour Grind 54 & 58 TT DG TI S400
WITB Link

#26 EngGolf

EngGolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128764
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

That new Fujikura Fuel shaft is calling my name!  I installed a Fujikura Motore F1 65 in my 10.5 R11 and it has been the best investment I've made.  It brought my spin rate and launch angle down versus the stock blur shaft and has given me 20 more yards, most of those coming from additional roll distance.  However, the Motore F1 does tend to feel a bit harsh at times.  The Fuel appears to have similar launch/spin characteristics as the Motore F1 but with more feel, which sounds perfect to me!

#27 Imp

Imp

Fueled

• 3,456 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 737

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostHoMStYLz, on 27 January 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

Talked with Jeff at Aldila for a good hour or so, couldn't be a nicer guy. The new shafts coming out green/grey will be similar to an NV profile with RIP technology but with a much stiffer tip, the way he explained it was it is a XS shaft with the tip stiffness equal to a XX shaft, there is also a blue/grey one that will be a VS profile with a slightly softer tip with more of a mid kick. Just got a green NV profile shaft to try with the super stiff tip which I can't wait to try.

Are you talking about this one?

Posted Image

Because the new RIP NV is up on the Aldila site, and it's not ^^^^ that one.

Or, are you saying the above pictured shaft will be similar to the RIP NV but with an even stiffer tip?

Thanks!

--kC

Edited by Imp, 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

#28 hector.ortiz352

hector.ortiz352

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 226465
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Some great looking shafts...

Question: Does anybody know how if the new Fujikura Motore Speeder shafts are anything like the ones that were on the TM R9? I know they made changes and adjustments to improve but is the feel still the same. I really enjoyed the stiff flex shaft I had on my R9, and am thinking about putting these shafts on my RAZR FIT and X HOT (3 WOOD)... Suggestions welcomed...

Attached Thumbnails

• 2B5_A_SHAFT1.jpg

#29 Super Tuna

Super Tuna

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

The feel is fairly different mate. The ones in the R9 were from the F1 line, which feel stouter then the Speeder line across the board, at least from my experience.

#30 pearls24

pearls24

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13130
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

What is the difference between the White/Orange Fuel and the Black/Orange Fuel?  Is it just a paint job or is the white/orange the Tour Spec version?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors