Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swingbyte 2

57 replies to this topic

#31 Wedgefromhere

Wedgefromhere

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133246
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostPeteH, on 14 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Which competitor device are you referring to?  I thought all these on-the-club devices depended on where the clubface is pointing at address for their definition of the target line....I'm curious now, how else would they know where the target is?  That's what the new Swingbyte ITR feature addresses.

Precise alignment of the Swingbyte on the shaft is crucial but I find it easy to look down the shaft and align it with the club face grooves.  The new version is supposed to have an alignment aid that makes this easier still.  The main issue up to now has been maintaining the position of the device on the shaft during the swing...the new attachment design appears to address this, plus they say no weight has been added.

SkyPro

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 whatsecret

whatsecret

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125536
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Could someone tell me if it's possible to superimpose each of the 3d swing picture thingymajigs (the traces of the clubhead if you know what I mean) for each swing all on top of eachother?

Can the software do this? Or does it allow you to export each of the pictures as gifs or jpegs or whatever as I'm sure it would be doable using photoshop.

It would be so cool to see that for 10 or so swings (or more!) just out of interest!

#33 dbdors

dbdors

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139771
  • Ebay ID:dbdors
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostWedgefromhere, on 15 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Which competitor device are you referring to?  I thought all these on-the-club devices depended on where the clubface is pointing at address for their definition of the target line....I'm curious now, how else would they know where the target is?  That's what the new Swingbyte ITR feature addresses.

Precise alignment of the Swingbyte on the shaft is crucial but I find it easy to look down the shaft and align it with the club face grooves.  The new version is supposed to have an alignment aid that makes this easier still.  The main issue up to now has been maintaining the position of the device on the shaft during the swing...the new attachment design appears to address this, plus they say no weight has been added.

SkyPro

That alignment function is pretty cool.  Will be an interesting Spring when some of these new and improved devices come out.

Edited by dbdors, 15 February 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#34 sompin2do

sompin2do

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96225
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Both Skypro and Swingbyte 2 look pretty promising.  The video showing how Skypro is aligned to the club face looked pretty quick on an iron.  I guess it would just take some practice on the driver.

I like the video option with the Swingbyte 2 and would use my Galaxy S3 with the CamCaddy.

Android compatible will be the determining factor.

#35 The Adam

The Adam

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145901
  • Ebay ID:elisabethandadam
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostWedgefromhere, on 15 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

SkyPro

Pete is saying that the "target line" is based on the club face position at address on all of these devices, which is correct. The Sky Pro aligns the device to the club face but assumes the club face is always pointing directly at the target at address just like the other devices. I'm not saying the sky pro's alignment feature isn't an awesome feature but just trying to clarify the misunderstanding.

I currently have the 3bays GSA pro and it slips and slides all over the place when stuck in the butt end of the grip. I love the information it provides and the ability to make swings without having to hit anything indoors but it gets old re-positioning the device over and over. I'll be looking to trade it in for either the Sky Pro or the Swingbyte 2 when they're finally in stores. It will most likely come down to whether or not the Sky Pro is android compatible by the release date. They both look like very neat devices.

Edited by The Adam, 05 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#36 ScratchNot

ScratchNot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129877
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Has anyone received the SwingByte 2 yet? I pre-ordered mine a month ago and they sent an email about 10 days ago saying that the shipments were going out but haven't received any communications from them.

#37 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 725

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostScratchNot, on 08 May 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Has anyone received the SwingByte 2 yet? I pre-ordered mine a month ago and they sent an email about 10 days ago saying that the shipments were going out but haven't received any communications from them.

The people that pre-ordered it at the PGA Merchandise Show get the first batch. After that it's done by when the order was placed, obviously. This is the blog they update at the various stages. They wrote orders will start shipping this week.

I pre-ordered it about a week back. I can't wait to give it a whirl and post my thoughts about it.

#38 Frankensteins Monster

Frankensteins Monster

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214901
GolfWRX Likes : 725

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

View Postsung1018, on 29 January 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

First of all, i like the ui of swing byte. It seems best out of the swing analyzer. Second, I believe you can used the swing byte with putter as well. GSA pro, you have to buy another attachment for putters. Golfsense does not support the putter. Swing smart just to expensive and not available for android. Not an apple fan. One thing i look forward to is the putter analyzer. Swing is important too but putting is something ppl forget about. I want an analyzer can do full swing and putting swing. With these improvement of the UI and new hardware, which I think looks much better, thisis my to get list for 2013. I am a big techie and love such gadgets. I be looking forward to the swing byte 2.

That is what sold me. I was initially looking at the 3Bays because of how it attaches to the club but there's two different ones. One for full swing and the other for putting. The PING Putter app doen't cut it.

#39 sompin2do

sompin2do

Major Winner

• 1,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96225
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

I got an email April 26 that my order placed March 10 should be shipping mid May.  Looking forward to checking it out.

#40 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hope mid may holds true this time :/

Titleist 913 D3 (Speeder 757)
Adams Tight Lies (Speeder 7.2 TS)
Callaway XTour 18* (Stock)
Bridgestone J40 CB 3-PW (Aerotech SF)
Mack Daddy 2 - 52* & 60*

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 trumb1mj1

trumb1mj1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184080
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Anyone get their SB 2 yet?  I'm curious to hear some reviews.

#42 dbdors

dbdors

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

I got my email yesterday saying that it was shipping in the next day or two and that my credit card was being charged.  So hopefully I'll have it next week sometime.

#43 coderman1

coderman1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 224603
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

I saw on twitter there were production delays, but they should be shipping in the next 2 weeks

#44 statesoccer9

statesoccer9

• 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162701
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postdbdors, on 23 May 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

I got my email yesterday saying that it was shipping in the next day or two and that my credit card was being charged.  So hopefully I'll have it next week sometime.

+1 got mine as well. Looking forward to seeing the improvements in SB2

#45 swingnmiss

swingnmiss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130976
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Just curious, have you guys looked at SkyPro? If you have, what drew you to the SB2? Is it the video target alignment or something else?

#46 dbdors

dbdors

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Got my tracking number today.  Its coming from China!  Hope its not too long.

#47 PeteH

PeteH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181064
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postswingnmiss, on 24 May 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Just curious, have you guys looked at SkyPro? If you have, what drew you to the SB2? Is it the video target alignment or something else?

My list of reasons for preferring SB:
  • Cleaner, clearer graphics.  Skypro's static little golfer man looks silly to me and just gets in the way of viewing.  The Skypro swing planes are unnecessary clutter.  And you can't zoom Skypro, like when I want to check my club face alignment mid swing
  • The SB red laser lines in the overhead view (which project the swing plane onto the ground, as if a laser was shooting out of both ends of the club shaft) IMHO provides some of the most important info about a swing...mainly from which direction is that club coming into the ball...can't tell that from just tracing the clubpath.  Show a trained teacher those laser lines and I'll bet they can characterize a swing more clearly than with any other view.
  • The SB app has been out longer and is more polished, The IPad version especially is way ahead of the others (not hard since most don't have tablet versions), with it's swing history access.  Also, SB reports a lot more data than Skypro.  I find the shaft lean measure very useful with SB.  And with the compare feature it's easy to compare exact club and hand positioning of my swings with the pro swings they have available, especially using the overhead view.  Very interesting and helpful to me.
  • The abillty to auto trim and sync video in SB is fantastic.
  • The ITR feature is not available, and I'm not sure how important it will be.  I think my manual clubface aim is within a degree, but we'll see if that's true when it does come out.
  • The SB customer service is excellent and they seem to still be  devoting considerable resources into improving their app.

#48 Magus_golf

Magus_golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205745

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

I just got my tracking as well. It's coming with DHL from china. I hope they fixed the slip problem the first one had.

#49 swingnmiss

swingnmiss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130976
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostPeteH, on 25 May 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postswingnmiss, on 24 May 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

My list of reasons for preferring SB:
Thanks, that was very helpful. I've got a SkyPro now but some of those points are compelling.

#50 ScratchNot

ScratchNot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

My Swingbyte2.0 shipped on May 29th and is still sitting on some sort of hold in China. Pre-ordering this thing and waiting to receive it has been the most frustrating online purchase I have ever made. Even their support person gave some sort of vague response when I inquired.

These people have done nothing to make it up to their customers.

Future buyers beware.

Edited by ScratchNot, 07 June 2013 - 10:17 AM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 mact3333

mact3333

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167991
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

So let me get this straight, you expect SB to do what when item being held by Chinese postal system???

You have been waiting a whole week?

You have never ordered furniture have you?...:)

View PostScratchNot, on 07 June 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

My Swingbyte2.0 shipped on May 29th and is still sitting on some sort of hold in China. Pre-ordering this thing and waiting to receive it has been the most frustrating online purchase I have ever made. Even their support person gave some sort of vague response when I inquired.

Future buyers beware.

#52 chris_golf

chris_golf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69496
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Good news... my preordered Swingbyte2 shipped as well on the 29. May and now it is not on hold anymore...
So it will be in the US the next days...
Attached File  Swingbyte2 1.jpg   38.33K   6 downloads

When it arrives my parents send it to me to Spain...
Even if you declare it as a present it needs 1-3 weeks
from the US to Spain to pass customs.

Hopefully until then the new software will be available for
the Iphone as well.

Chris

RBZ 2 9,5 lofted up to 11
Cally XHot 4-wood
Cally Utility Proto 21 + 24
Cally MB Prototypes ..V.. DG X100 3-P
WITB Link
Cally Jaws 52 + 58 DG S400
Ping Anser

#53 Daniel Eason

Daniel Eason

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119644
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

I've got my SB2...the new positioning is ok, its a bit fiddly though but is much more stable.

Can't wait until they add ITR support.

#54 ScratchNot

ScratchNot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Just got my SB2 after a 12 day journey from China. I will try it out today and report my thoughts.

First impression of the device.

I am a little surprised at the construction quality of this device. It does not seem very sturdy. The hinges, plastic etc. seem really cheap. I am not sure how long its going to last. I would love to hear the experience of other people who have owned this device for significantly longer than I have.

Stay tuned..

#55 ScratchNot

ScratchNot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postmact3333, on 07 June 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

So let me get this straight, you expect SB to do what when item being held by Chinese postal system???

You have been waiting a whole week?

You have never ordered furniture have you?... :)

View PostScratchNot, on 07 June 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Future buyers beware.

Their supply chain is not my problem. If I order something from a US company I expect it to take less that 12 days to get to me.

#56 ScratchNot

ScratchNot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Just tried out my SB2 on the range. Hit a 80 ball bucket. 8 iron and Driver.

Impressions.

Software is very good. The app did crash once and lost connection but once I restarted it was all fine. I still got to figure out all the parameters. Not sure how accurate the swing speed measurement is. I also saw that it showed my swing as out-in on most of my swings. I presume that means I am over the top but on camera, I am approaching the ball from the inside. I guess you can be over the top and still approach from the inside.

I hit about 60 drivers (avg. 100mph) and the device did not slip even once. I guess they fixed the slippage problem. The one issue I have with the hardware is that the USB tab, which also doubles as the alignment aid, slipped out multiple times and had to be put back in. Really irritating to have to put it back in place so many times.

I wish they would provide more documentation on all the parameters that they are collecting and how they are being measured.

At this stage, I am neutral about this device. This is my first on-club device and I have no other frame of reference. The software is very good and the fact that your swing is uploaded to the cloud is a big plus. I have big doubts about the hardware itself. I am still not convinced of the durability of its construction and the minor irritation of the USB plug coming loose could be a deal breaker for some.

#57 DjPiLL

DjPiLL

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127808

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Is there any way to use an external video camera with this app?  The video camera split screen seems like a great idea, however i dont see how practical it is to use the ipad itself to record the video.  I would obviously have to set the ipad up on some sort of tripod, but then if i want to see my swings I have to take the device.  I guess if you use the front facing camera it could work. but i'm not sure how practical this is.  I have a Sony Action Cam that im not currently using.  Can this work (wifi for the camera?)  TIA.

#58 TrufflePig

TrufflePig

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65252
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

I've had the Swingbyte 2 for a few weeks now and wanted to share my experience with it.  In general, I feel like it's a really valuable tool for analyzing your swing, but there are a few minor faults with it.

I spend most of my practice time at a range with pretty poor range balls and it's tough to see the ball land.  For that reason I wanted some additional feedback to figure out what my swing is doing.  The Swingbyte does a great job capturing and visualizing what the club is doing throughout the *entire* swing.  After only a few range sessions it clearly shows some of my major swing faults which are generally during my transition.  The 3d, overhead, and down-the-line views, and the shaft-extended lines are all great tools.  I found these visual models much more informative than the swing metrics.  The device took a session or two to figure out but since then its really quick and easy to use.  I've found the software to be intuitive and reliable.  

My complaints with the device are that it does need frequent adjustment like many other people have noticed.  I've also had the usb cover pop off numerous times so that could definitely be improved in later versions.  I've also found the swing speed to be *lower* than what I would expect.  Mine consistently shows my driver speed of 86mph but my GPS data from the course shows a 225 yard carry average.  I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) a 225 yard carry is equivalent to 90-95mph swing speed.  My other complaint is that the weight of the device makes a noticeable change to the swing weight of the club.  My clubs feel completely different with it attached! Maybe I'm just sensitive, I'd interested to see if any others feel the same way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors