Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Footjoy M Project

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#31 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postswizbeatz, on 20 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

I hear ya.  Hoping for some on course reviews of all the new shoes, I'm in the market for a second pair thats different from the icons I wear now.  Looking for something sportier to switch it up, your a big fan of the tw13's?

I absolutely think the TW13 are the best golf product out right now. I rotate between some Icons, Ecco Street Luxes, older Goretex Pumas and TW13s. The icons are very nice but a little heavy. The Eccos feel great in the parking lot, but that rock hard and thin outsole combined with no arch support make them a pain towards the end of a walking round. The TW13s are by far the best. Soft as can be, perfect toe area, lots of arch support, VERY light, not too thick, very easy to clean, toe box doesn't crack etc etc... They could look a little better, but the performance of TW13 means I feel like I'm at a disadvantage when not wearing them. HIGHLY recommend them.

These M Projects remind me a lot of the Pumas pictured below that I own. They feel like rock climbing shows or ballet slippers -- not much there.. just enough to protect your feet from stepping on glass or thorns.

Edited by finalist, 20 February 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 Dubbs

Dubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138619
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I hear ya.  Hoping for some on course reviews of all the new shoes, I'm in the market for a second pair thats different from the icons I wear now.  Looking for something sportier to switch it up, your a big fan of the tw13's?
.  Over the last 8 years I've worn almost exclusively classics/icons.  I had turf toe surgery so it had me searching for a more comfortable and stable walking shoe.  I did buy the Sergio Adidas shoe that was very comfortable. (Pic). Ran small so I had to buy a 14 instead of 13 but waterproof and stable.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#33 Dubbs

Dubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138619
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postfinalist, on 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

I absolutely think the TW13 are the best golf product out right now. I rotate between some Icons, Ecco Street Luxes, older Goretex Pumas and TW13s. The icons are very nice but a little heavy. The Eccos feel great in the parking lot, but that rock hard and thin outsole combined with no arch support make them a pain towards the end of a walking round. The TW13s are by far the best. Soft as can be, perfect toe area, lots of arch support, VERY light, not too thick, very easy to clean, toe box doesn't crack etc etc... They could look a little better, but the performance of TW13 means I feel like I'm at a disadvantage when not wearing them. HIGHLY recommend them.

These M Projects remind me a lot of the Pumas pictured below that I own. They feel like rock climbing shows or ballet slippers -- not much there.. just enough to protect your feet from stepping on glass or thorns.

To me the M project bottoms look like there is a little more to them than the pumas. (I hope). I would think that he amount of research that went into these as well as input from the guys at TPI these things would have some serious support?  Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#34 joejoe0734

joejoe0734

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203691
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I just bought a pair of the spineless and will provide a review when I am in Cali in two weeks.  I will normally play my Adidas 360's because I love them.  These are for the dry day or the range. They feel like slippers when on but with some arch support so I am curious for a round.  I rarely play more than nine holes because of 2 kids under 3 and a hectic work travel schedule. That's my review from wearing them around my house tonight. I will post an after round update.

#35 Konklifer

Konklifer

Thinkin' of a master plan...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I tried the White/Black today and must say they were very comfortable and extremely stable.  Also look better in person.

Callaway X2H 10.5
Callaway X2HP 17 / X2H hybrid 19
Callaway XHP 5-AW
Cobra 'o.g.' TR 55/59
Ping Karsten TR B60
TM Lethal

#36 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
GolfWRX Likes : 356

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postcolin_ba, on 29 January 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

I have been wearing Callaway shoes for a couple of years and have been relatively pleased with their performance.  While I my shoes are solid and stable, at times they feel more like ski boots than they do comfortable sport shoe.  Perhaps it is because of the shape of my feet (10.5 US, slightly wider than average).  

With this in mind, several months ago I considered purchasing a pair of Adidas Puremotion spikeless golf shoes, however the white/silver model that I wanted were not available in wide, so i did not make the purchase.

Attachment adidas-puremotion-golf-shoes-whitesilverblue.jpg

Now, several months later, 2 newly released models caught my eye.  

1.  FootJoy M: Project and
Attachment 2011_us_55124.jpg

2. Adizero Sport.  
Attachment adizero-sport-672204-rngwht-blck-vdyllw.jpg

Primaily because the FJ are offered in an extra wide size, i decided to go with the M: Project over the Adizero.

I'm not a huge fan of the cross stitching especially on the black/white model that i selected however i think that the overall style of the shoe is more than tolerable.  They look very soft and responsive.  Cant wait to get these babies on the course and see if my feet reach a state of Zen.
Picked up this pair of M Projects today on a shop credit, WICKED comfortable. I was just trying them on expecting them to feel a lot like the Adidas model and man was I wrong, far superior in my opinion for less money...BB
Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#37 tbowles411

tbowles411

Sandra Gal is German from the nose up...

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1255

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostBig Ben, on 22 February 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

View Postcolin_ba, on 29 January 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

I have been wearing Callaway shoes for a couple of years and have been relatively pleased with their performance.  While I my shoes are solid and stable, at times they feel more like ski boots than they do comfortable sport shoe.  Perhaps it is because of the shape of my feet (10.5 US, slightly wider than average).  

With this in mind, several months ago I considered purchasing a pair of Adidas Puremotion spikeless golf shoes, however the white/silver model that I wanted were not available in wide, so i did not make the purchase.

Attachment adidas-puremotion-golf-shoes-whitesilverblue.jpg

Now, several months later, 2 newly released models caught my eye.  

1.  FootJoy M: Project and
Attachment 2011_us_55124.jpg

2. Adizero Sport.  
Attachment adizero-sport-672204-rngwht-blck-vdyllw.jpg

Primaily because the FJ are offered in an extra wide size, i decided to go with the M: Project over the Adizero.

I'm not a huge fan of the cross stitching especially on the black/white model that i selected however i think that the overall style of the shoe is more than tolerable.  They look very soft and responsive.  Cant wait to get these babies on the course and see if my feet reach a state of Zen.
Picked up this pair of M Projects today on a shop credit, WICKED comfortable. I was just trying them on expecting them to feel a lot like the Adidas model and man was I wrong, far superior in my opinion for less money...BB
So, I'm assuming "wicked" is like "good" like "wicked smahht" or "wicked awesome?"  :D

I may have to blow some money on some spikeless.  I wear an 11 normally, but had to go in a wide in the Adidas.

#38 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Dammit BB, your buying everything I want and making me feel like a loser for not dropping the coin yet.  Let us know how it goes out on the course, the photo you quoted is the spikes version, that's what you got right?
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

#39 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
GolfWRX Likes : 356

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Shhhhhhh, my Wife might hear you :) And yes wicked means good (if that makes sense). Yes I purchased the spiked model...BB

Edited by Big Ben, 22 February 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#40 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• 10,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 759

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

1) I LOVE the old leather Classics.

2) Pictures of the M Project make me want to throw up in my mouth just a little.

3) My rep made me order a pair. They look GREAT in person.

4) The M Projects are the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on right out of the box. Like putting on slippers.

5) Why in the world would anyone wear Classics? :-)

I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE
========================================

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 HoffTTM

HoffTTM

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130322
  • Handicap:11.4
  • Ebay ID:pmhofmann
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

uglay

#42 gr8blueheronbird

gr8blueheronbird

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129494
  • Handicap:6.2
  • Ebay ID:harrierdogsrbest
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postkevcarter, on 22 February 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

1) I LOVE the old leather Classics.

2) Pictures of the M Project make me want to throw up in my mouth just a little.

3) My rep made me order a pair. They look GREAT in person.

4) The M Projects are the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on right out of the box. Like putting on slippers.

5) Why in the world would anyone wear Classics? :-)
I guess you never tried on a pair of True Sensei's.  Those are #1 most comfortable shoe ever!

#43 mac94

mac94

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25038
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postdplasters, on 24 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

the leather ones look ok, the mesh ones look sinfully ugly.  I'll stick with the Sensei for now.  I can wear those in public and no one is wise to me... these on the other hand...

Are you serious? Sensais look like orthopedics for 80 year olds. The M Projects actually have pretty good style, people.

#44 drn92

drn92

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15310
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Tried on a mesh pair today. Normally wear 13 or 14 depending on the brand, and the 13 fit just fine. The pair I tried we the grey mesh and they also had the white mesh. I like the looks, but the mesh material wrinkled quite a bit while walking around. Also, they had a bit of a lump in the arch area. Not sure if this was the pair I tried or all of them, and it may have been due to the insole (which is easy to replace).

I plan to wait for the leather versions to arrive so I can try those, but first impressions are mostly favorable and I like the looks as much as the True Proto. The spikeless sole was very comfy and I think these will be a winner.

Drn92

#45 tbowles411

tbowles411

Sandra Gal is German from the nose up...

• 17,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1255

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

View Postmac94, on 22 February 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

View Postdplasters, on 24 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

the leather ones look ok, the mesh ones look sinfully ugly.  I'll stick with the Sensei for now.  I can wear those in public and no one is wise to me... these on the other hand...

Are you serious? Sensais look like orthopedics for 80 year olds. The M Projects actually have pretty good style, people.
Agreed.

#46 TMBob

TMBob

Major Winner

• 3,570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21998
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Had a look and tried some one also today...caught between sizes and those were a 1/2 and 1 full size smaller then normal.
My guess, the 1 size down would be the best.

I am interested in the spikeless version first....range time and basic everyday show wear before I use them on the course. I would do the spiked version for the course, but up here in the PacNW, these shoes will get little use otherwise they will look so dirty with that cloth X in the middle of the shoe...tough to keep clean other then a washing.

#47 crew_138

crew_138

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5751
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Got mine today... and they are freaky deaky comfy... I picked the black ones with gray stripe and they look fantastic. Now just have to see how they hold up in a round... My ecco street's were great in a cart, but suck walking. Come on decent weather.

#48 Ruleschamp

Ruleschamp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68618
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Tried them on.  Very comfy.  Only problem is that I never thought there would be an uglier pair of shoes made than Trues.  I was wrong --  these surpassed Trues ugliness.  Now I'm struggling between the comfy factor vs. sheer ugliness debate before purchasing.

#49 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

So these sound very comfortable in store, but are they good enough for a five mile walk with 27 lbs on your back?  

Big difference between in store softness and lasting all round softness. I find low profile shoes tend not to feel good after 10-16 holes.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#50 Ruleschamp

Ruleschamp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68618
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

View Postfinalist, on 23 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

So these sound very comfortable in store, but are they good enough for a five mile walk with 27 lbs on your back?  

Big difference between in store softness and lasting all round softness. I find low profile shoes tend not to feel good after 10-16 holes.

Valid question.   I enjoyed the Eccos and Cardiffs until I started walking and carrying with them.   The old Lunar Controls ended up being much better for my back.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 PINGWRXforeme

PINGWRXforeme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117189
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I tried them on in store today. The spiked version felt weird. The spikeless did feel pretty good. Hard to say how they feel walking 18 but, I've never had a problem with 3 pair of trues and 1 pair of Ecco streets. My TW13 are still the most comfortable to walk in with the only negative being they are hot.

#52 nova6868

nova6868

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostPINGWRXforeme, on 23 February 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

I tried them on in store today. The spiked version felt weird. The spikeless did feel pretty good. Hard to say how they feel walking 18 but, I've never had a problem with 3 pair of trues and 1 pair of Ecco streets. My TW13 are still the most comfortable to walk in with the only negative being they are hot.

Don't spiked shoes always feel weird when you're not on grass? Or was it something else?

#53 dxb

dxb

the guy in Dubai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 220597
  • Handicap:1.3
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

If I am not mistaken these use the new style cleat adaptors found also found in Adizeros.

See my thread below for my thoughts on those...

http://www.golfwrx.c...spikes-adizero/

#54 PINGWRXforeme

PINGWRXforeme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117189
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Don't spiked shoes always feel weird when you're not on grass? Or was it something else?

I know what your saying but this is different. It's like they are missing a spike. The shoe didn't want to sit flat. Grass might help the issue but I'm going spikeless.

#55 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 211

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

These and the ECCOs are the last on my list to try before the season starts.

TRUE Protos looked and felt like nurse shoes.

AdiZERO felt like an ankle roller.

#56 pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80998
  • Handicap:10.0
  • Ebay ID:pseudoswede
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone know if they will offer the BOA option in other colors than white/charcoal this year?
Ping i20 8.5
Ping i20 17 | Callaway Razr X Tour 21
Ping S56 4-PW (purple dot)
Ping Tour-S 52, 56, 60 (purple dot)
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"

#57 firstbatch

firstbatch

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53057
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Fail for me.  Nice try at the minimalist, barefoot, zerodrop style but the lack of structure in the heel cup provides little or no functional holding of the heel in place.  TRUE pioneered the design and it is based upon a wide an comfortable forefoot  that is coupled with a  structured memory foam heel cup  design.

#58 VA_Astra

VA_Astra

Major Winner

• 1,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67429
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I tried these on today at GolfSmith, surprisingly comfy!!  I have been looking for a comfy minimalist shoe to try out and these might just fit the bill.
Adams Super LS 9.5 Accra ST 70 M5
T.I. Adams Super LS 15 Accra ST 80 M5
Adams Super S 17 RIP Alpha 80x
RocketBladeZ Tour 4-PW Recoil Proto125F4
SCOR 50/55/60 Recoil Tour 125 F4
SunSet Beach Yaupon 357 Magnum

#59 counselor79

counselor79

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218831
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

I now have 2 rounds in with the spike Boa version, one walking and one riding. The first round really allowed the shoes to break in a bit making the second round more comfortable. The spikes do feel better on grass and have a tremendous amount of grip.

#60 JB lefty

JB lefty

JB

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119043
  • Ebay ID:cashdupjb
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postpseudoswede, on 15 March 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Does anyone know if they will offer the BOA option in other colors than white/charcoal this year?

I hpe they do. i just ordered a set with the BOA option. I have had a set of the dry joys with the BOA and they have been great. Thats why I ordered another set of the BOA version.

View Postcounselor79, on 16 March 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

I now have 2 rounds in with the spike Boa version, one walking and one riding. The first round really allowed the shoes to break in a bit making the second round more comfortable. The spikes do feel better on grass and have a tremendous amount of grip.

Good to hear. I have just ordered a set and will be putting them to the test this year

Optiforce 440 Matrix Black 7M3 X flex
X2Hot 5 wood with stock shaft (cannon)
Apex Pro 4-AW KBS Tour V X flex SS1
Callaway Jaws Wedges 56,60
One spot available any ideas?
Odyssey DF550 blade putter/ Pro v 1 ball

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors