Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Face progression on a persimmon driver

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 753

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostArafel, on 27 January 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 24 January 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

RALPH Maltby = Club repair author extraordinaire
ROGER Maltby = Michelob beer and telecasting

I alway get Ralph's first name wrong too... :-)

If we're taking the time to get everything right here, it's Roger MALTBIE not Maltby.

LOL. Good catch!!!

I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE
========================================

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 majic

majic

Advanced

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51267
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

I feel that there are many factors in head shape.  If you look at the Long Nose woods of the feather era you will a lot have some concave look to the face and as they got to the gutty era they became a little flatter.  Not much face progression as the feather ball launches high. The gutty being harder and much more lively the heads had more loft. As the socket head woods came into play most were pretty flat as Bella said and this was with the gutty. Some heads exhibit large face progression around 1900-1910.  As the wound "bouncy" ball came into play you see less face progression and start of  the bulge and roll.  Some of the Spalding models in the early 30's are great shapes and were designed by J Victor East.
I have always felt that face progression had a lot to do with ball launch. This is true with woods and irons.  This design feature of course has a lot to do with the ball played at the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors