Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Straighter and longer. Harrison "Shotmaker" or Bi-Matrix shaft?

shafts inserts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BenSeattle

BenSeattle

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 610
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

So I like my Adams Speedline with the Ozik Matrix shaft but I'm wondering "How can I make this better?"

I'm not plagued with truly wild left or right misses but would one of these additions make me a better driver of the golf ball?

Harrison "Shotmaker" vs. Graffaloy Bi-Matrix shaft.

Seems that the premise is the same: greater stability, right?  One method uses a tube inserted into the existing shaft while the other is a graphite shaft with a steel extension that provides the added stiffness.  Uh, that's right, isn't it?

Are there dramatic differences?  Has anyone hit both?

Thanks and happy golfing.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 HoMStYLz

HoMStYLz

2013 B4B Verizon Tampa Bay Pro/Am Professional Champion

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103
  • Location:Ft. Myers & Tampa, FL (winter) Cape Cod, MA (summer)
  • Handicap:+3.2
  • Ebay ID:Motivation to me, is those who told me what I could not be.
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'd say get fit for a shaft & throw a shotmaker in it... I'm a accurate driver of the ball & didn't need it want it, rep gave me one to try out so I figured why not try it out. It definitely works, I like how it stiffens up the tip section a bit & how it does help my misses, it isn't a huge difference IMO but it does help. Last time I hit a Grafalloy Prototype was when I got my hands on Bubba's actual shaft as I wanted a pink driver shaft & the retail one wasn't still enough, just hit it too high. For me I had the same problem with the Bubba shaft, the Prototype is made more for increasing launch angle rather than help straighten out your ball flight. I'd rather use a steel shaft than he Grafalloy Prototype, just went back to a x100 in my 3wood & love it.
Callaway BB Alpha Pro 8.5ATX Green 85TX
Callaway X Hot Pro 15ATX Blue 95TX
Adams Idea Super 9031 20 x200
Mizuno MP-67 4-PW K grind DGTI x100
Vokey TVD 5155DGTI x100 59 DG Spinner
Byron Morgan Hom Bomb Proto 385g 3x BLK
WITB Link

#3 jhenz

jhenz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223935
  • Ebay ID:henzdog
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

My two cents - based on SS of 96-98mph with medium tempo and late release - the Ozik HD6 in my RBZ Tour was perfect - I tinkered with the Saga 60S - that combo was a bit more "loose" ~200 more rpm of spin and slightly higher launch.  Dropped the Shotmaker insert in the Saga60S and instantly became "perfect(er)" - Had my best driving day in recent history yesterday with the Shotmaker in the Saga (and the counterweight).  Saga + Shotmaker lowered launch a bit, killed the extra spin, and performed better than HD6, at least for me.  Also, at retail prices - you can save $$$.   I went with the Shotmaker "F" based on their website fitting information.

Also tagged with shafts, inserts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors