Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What Improvements can I make?????? DTL PW swing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DonMega884

DonMega884

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 190262
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I've done all I can to try to improve my swing for almost a year now. I went for lessons, but my teacher only teaches till September. So i've been on my own and I would like some of you good golfers to critique my swing. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings lol

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Mizzy23

Mizzy23

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143699
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Send a vid of you actually hitting a golf ball to mark crossfields app. He's good at pointing out swing flaws, and what you need to do differently.

#3 NickGerst

NickGerst

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117594
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

IN MY OPINION: I would have to ask a lot of questions to get the correct information.

From the video, I would guess your miss is a slice. You look like you’re playing the golf swing instead of golf.  Your spine angle changes three different times as a result of trying to get into the perfect positions. The take away looks like you lift the club head in the air really fast.  I would guess this might be because of the wood surface.  I would imagine you both chunk the ball and hit it thin. Your head moves up and then down.

My personal opinion is that people start taking lessons far before they develop their swing. Do you hit the ball solid every time? If the answer is no, I suggest the following.

Go practice your short game. Why, because the short game is the beginning of your long swing. If you can hit it any distance you want from 100 yards in, then you can practice your full swing. The practice would only be once or twice a week for an hr. In a month, your ball striking will be so good that you full swing will be 4 x better.  

Grab a book or two on mental game. I suggest the unstoppable golfer by bob rotella. Remember not everyone’s golf swing is the same. Find your golf swing not the perfect golf swing. Taking lessons you are just trying to build a confident swing. Practice the short game and you will find your confidence.

#4 DonMega884

DonMega884

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 190262
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Thanks Nick, That was very informative!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors